Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Dealer Ruined my Finish!!!! Need some Help Please...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer Ruined my Finish!!!! Need some Help Please...

Hey guys,

I've Got a Black coupe and the dealer detailed the car for me when i bought it. They put tonnes of circular abrasions in the paint (i think the polish they were using was too abrasive). I've been using Meguires NXT wax, which works awesome to hide the marks, but the swirl marks are visible as soon as it rains again or after i wash the car.

So i've been researching Zaino products and reading the forums but i wanted to know if the Z-2 and Z-5 will physically remove the imperfections in the paint or if they will simply mask the swirls as the NXT wax does?

Anyone with Zaino experience please share your knowledge....

Thanks

Old 06-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Zaino z-2/z-5 will only fill them in a little and make them less noticable. You would have to use a swirl remover type polish to get them completely out if its even possible.

Old 06-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've had some of those infamous dealer scratches. Now, I always request for them not to wash the car when I get my oil change.

I have a twilight blue car and it has the same problem. I recommend getting a dual action polisher from your local auto parts supply. Then get two foam bonnets from http://diycleaning.com/bonnet.html, a white one and yellow one.

Using the yellow bonnet (light cut), I recommend some 3M rubbing compound (the stuff you find at Walmart). Then switch to the white bonnet and finish if off with 3M #39009 Perfect-it Swirl Remover for dark color cars to get rid of the swirls that the rubbing compound sometime leaves behind. You can get that at http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/3m39009.html. I think the 3M Perfect-it stuff is very key.

I also hear that Zaino has a new swirl remover called "Z-PC", but I haven't tried it yet.

Then you can do the Z-5/Z-2/Z-6 Zaino routine. The results should be pretty close to being perfect. Just don't let the dealer wash it again. Good luck.

Old 06-19-2005, 10:49 PM
Call the Cops
Get Zaino with the right towels:

Zaino Towels

These towels will NOT scratch your paint, avoiding swirls and fine scratches.
If you use the Z PC with Z2, Z5, and Z6 you will be in perfect shape.

Z PC= abrasive swirl mark remover, not to be used regularly.
Z5- non abrasive polish that hides swirl marks and gives a nice glossy shine. you can use this everytime you wash or whenever you want.
Z2- non abrasive polish which gives your car the deepest, slickest shine you'll ever see.
Z6 Spray- Detailing spray used after polishing applications which enhances the shine a lot, and makes it look even glossier.

check this sh it out.. theres nothing like it in the world:

wWw.ZaInObRos.cOm