Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Glossy Look...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glossy Look...

I always wash my car and it looks fine, but how do I get that glossy look the dealer has when they sell cars? I don't wax either. What should I do, and how? Thanks.

CB/Graphite 5AT Fully Loaded

Old 06-16-2003, 07:16 PM
Re: Glossy Look...

Well, you need to wax for one thing. But, for a quick glossy look, head down to the store and find your some Mother's Showtime Quick Detailer, or Meguairs Quick Detailer and some microfiber towels. Right after washing and drying, apply the product according to manufacturers instructions.

BUT you need to WAX. For a low-cost, good solution try Mother's California Gold Carnuba or Meguairs Gold Class. For the real deal, find out about Zaino, Klasse, or Blackfire. I use Blackfire. However, something tells me you should stick with the Mothers or Meguairs.

Old 06-16-2003, 08:15 PM

Any link online to the stuff you were talking about? I couldn't find them at Discount Auto Parts.

CB/Graphite 5AT Fully Loaded

Old 06-16-2003, 08:36 PM

Basically any auto care place should carry Maguire's or Mothers. Both are excellent. Here in Colorado we have Checker (Schucks in other places) Pep Boys and Auto Zone and they all carry these basic products. You should get car wash, carnuba wax, and a quick detailer by the same manufacturer as basics. If you can't find any of these around where you live (You should be able to, it think even Target or Walmart has Maguires), properautocare.com has about every car care product you can think of and how to use them. YOU MUST WAX! Wax only lasts about 3 months and then your paint is TOTALLY unprotected.

Old 06-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

areddy... you MUST wax your car to protect the paint and produce that shine...especially in the Florida sun. Which wax you use really depends upon how much time you have to spend washing and waxing. Typically it takes me 60 minutes to wash and dry, and another 60-90 minutes to wax ....and that's with a simple one step process like Meguiars Cleaner Wax. If I have another hour or so, I'll apply a coat of Meguiar's Gold Class for a little extra shine and protection.

If you're like a few of these guys who are truly nuts [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img], and can spend an entire day, or the entire weekend washing and claying and washing and polishing and waxing...try a multi-step process like Zaino, many users swear by the results....I just don't have the patience.

Or a really good way to learn this stuff is through experience, and by reading this website...www.autopia.org. When I first found autopia I read for about 10 days straight and was still a newbie...in fact 3 years later, I haven't improved much[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]!

03 G35
02 Sequoia

Old 06-17-2003, 08:08 AM

Just looked at that page and saw some guy trying to sell 3 cans of Stoners Invisible Glass for 12 bucks. I'm not sure about Costco or Sams but if you belong to BJ's you can get 3 cans for $8.99. And if you have ever used Windex or anything else to wash your car windows or even you house windows you will never use them again after using this stuff. Man this is the best glass cleaner I have ever used.

I forgot, 1 can of this stuff costs about $4.50 in stores.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by armalite on 06/17/03 05:09 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 06-17-2003, 04:03 PM

you can get a good deal at Wal-Mart now. Invisible glass used to be hard to find around here. But it is awesome stuff. Its also great for cleaning my glass coffee tables and tv

Old 06-17-2003, 04:25 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That company also makes another great product called Lifter1. Cleans carpet and upholstery.