Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

TINT HORROR STORY (read at your discretion)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a quote from the owner's manual:

AUTOMATIC ADJUSTING FUNCTION (Coupe)

CAUTION

The power window has an automatic adjusting function. When the door is being opened, the window is automatically lowered slightly to
avoid contact between the window and the side roof panel. When the door is closed, the window is automatically raised slightly.

When the battery cable is removed from the battery terminal, do not close either of the front doors. The automatic window adjusting function will not work, and the side roof panel may be damaged.
If this isn't taken into account at the time of the tint application, you could be left with at strip at the bottom of the window with no tint on it, as it sounds like happened to surewin.

Old 07-11-2005, 05:32 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by Jedi
You'll NEVER guess what happened to my car yesterday................OH man , her it goes........I took my car to Tint Pros in Roseville, waited 4 hours for it to get done.....And about 5 pm headed out to home......got home and noticed they had MELTED my door sill and rubber door gaskets from the heat gun they used to apply the tint! I was like WTF!!! I was so pissed off I called into work sick.......cause that's what I was SICK. I must have went to the garage like 10 times last night.......I went through the 5 stages of grief....Anger, denial, depression, sadness, I haven't reached the resolution stage yet......I'm still in depression.
Long story short, I spoke with Armando and Chuck and found out that the WHOLE inside door and to be replaced!

TOTAL COST....Are you sittng down...................$1250. installed!!!! OMFG! I went ballistic.....Thought about my gun, then realized that I didn't want to be someones bitch at Folsom.

So I went to Tint Pros, with my estimate from Sac Infiniti .......I expected the worse...but the owner Danny was really cool...and very apologetic..... Bottom line. There gonna pay to have it fixed!
Very expensive tint job if you ask me!

BTW, I tried getting you paged Chris, but you were out when I was there. My car is gonna be there hopefully this week........maybe friday!

FYI, did Limo in the rear 3 and 35% on front 2........had them redo the fronts as well when I went back!

Ok....time to take a breath now!

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite
The same thing happened to me this past Friday but only on the passenger side! I even read this story a while ago but was still dumb enough not to tell the tinter to be careful around the door panel. Most of them do not realize that the door panels are covered with leather/vinyl, and it is NOT hard plastic. A word of advice, tell the tinter many times to be careful and even use a heat shield if necessary! On top of that, that put about a one inch scratch along the back side edge of my trunk lid and a small nick in the outer seal at the bottom of the window on the driver's side. These two are not that big of a deal, but it still sucks that they did it! Then, on top of that, my car has never been driven in the rain and has only been cleaned with water 3 times since I got it new on Feb. 11, and low an behold, it rains for the first time in two and half weeks today. They of course wanted me to bring it in so they could see it the damage! I searched for months for a professional place because I was worried about it so much, and this is what I get. BULLSH*T!!! That's why I do EVERYTHING myself!

Old 07-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Hey, I think that's a great story. It is nice to see someone step up, take responsibility and fix the problem. Certainly a refreshing difference from most of the "service" stories posted here.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hockeyplay95
what do you mean "windows lower when the door opens"? I am getting my G tinted tomorrow, so I think i should tell them about this, but can you explain a little more in detail what you mean here?

Thanks,

Hockeyplay95
This only happens on the coupe which is a trackless window. the sedan has window frames and does not do this.

They didn't use a heat gun on my tint. They just slid the tint down my window while it was still wet.