Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

TINT HORROR STORY (read at your discretion)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TINT HORROR STORY (read at your discretion)

You'll NEVER guess what happened to my car yesterday................OH man , her it goes........I took my car to Tint Pros in Roseville, waited 4 hours for it to get done.....And about 5 pm headed out to home......got home and noticed they had MELTED my door sill and rubber door gaskets from the heat gun they used to apply the tint! I was like WTF!!! I was so pissed off I called into work sick.......cause that's what I was SICK. I must have went to the garage like 10 times last night.......I went through the 5 stages of grief....Anger, denial, depression, sadness, I haven't reached the resolution stage yet......I'm still in depression.
Long story short, I spoke with Armando and Chuck and found out that the WHOLE inside door and to be replaced!

TOTAL COST....Are you sittng down...................$1250. installed!!!! OMFG! I went ballistic.....Thought about my gun, then realized that I didn't want to be someones bitch at Folsom.

So I went to Tint Pros, with my estimate from Sac Infiniti .......I expected the worse...but the owner Danny was really cool...and very apologetic..... Bottom line. There gonna pay to have it fixed!
Very expensive tint job if you ask me!

BTW, I tried getting you paged Chris, but you were out when I was there. My car is gonna be there hopefully this week........maybe friday!

FYI, did Limo in the rear 3 and 35% on front 2........had them redo the fronts as well when I went back!

Ok....time to take a breath now!

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite

Old 07-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Re: TINT HORROR STORY (read at your discretion)

That sucks, but at least they're paying for it. When I got my car tinted, they broke the third brake light cover, would have never known it, but I wiped the back window down one day and noticed it was loose. I inspected it and turns out the two clips toward the front of the car were completely broken off. Went to the shop and they apologized and are ordering me a new part.

At first I was upset, not because they broke it, but because they didn't tell me they broke it. Then I just figured it's no big deal as long as they get me a new one.

-Rick

Old 07-12-2003, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I look at it this way.. I'd take my car there, because I know now that if they mess it up, they'll make it right without a hassle. How's the tint look?

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 07-15-2003, 01:40 PM

My tint was a 4 hour job too. Had an appointment at 9am, they didn't even arrive their till 9:45am. Went limo in the back, and 33% on the sides. They took too long because they didn't realize that the windows lower when the door opens. So as I left....there was strip that was not tinted. They then remove the tint....placed the passenger tint on, then the drivers side. They then realized that the driver's side had scratches. Took it off, then did it a third time. So far the tint is great. Just took too long.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:32 AM

Tint looks good overall. Limo in the rear, 35% in the front .......might redo the fronts to 20% not sure yet.

And your right about the no hassel thing, however, it's sort of like getting into a car accident and the other driver having insurance..sure your car gets fixed, but it never compensates you for your time, anxiety, and travel fees and the overall de-virginized feeling. my 2 cents.

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite

Old 04-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Ha ha! The very same thing happened to me. But the part that was disgusting was the fact that I could've prevented it. You see I tint windows and I finally got the chance to tint my wife's G. Well, one of the owners of this tint place that I tint out of started to help me tint our car.

I said to myself, "I really want to make sure this is done right." But then I thought, "well, I am kinda tired and I want to get out of here as quick as I can." Sooooo, I let him tint the passenger side doors.

Well, the other owner came in and pointed it out these two spots that literally melted through the vinyl. I was like, NO WAY! They're really good friends of mine so I didn't freak out but I was so disgusted. I ended up taking it to a vinyl repair shop and they did a great job. If you didn't know it was there you'd never see it. Only cost them $85 (No way was I paying for it). I wish I took pics of it but I never want to remember it again.

Old 04-14-2005, 12:18 AM
sorry to hear about your mishap. The key with any type of service industry.........especially when it's about tint or clear bra installations, it comes down to experience and attention to the smallest details.

Old 04-18-2005, 09:30 AM
very scary

now that is a horror story .

Old 04-19-2005, 07:24 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Sorry to hear that man... I wonder where they got the idea to call their place "Tint Pros"....

Old 04-19-2005, 08:15 PM
Z2G
it's unfortunate that it happened, but i would have just called the tint shop before i got upset. the fact that they "owned" up to it immediately makes it a happy ending. if anything, you get a whole new interior door panel. so, i wouldn't call it a "horror" story. now, if they refused to pay for it or would only repair it (instead of replacing it), then it would be horrible.

Last edited by Z2G; 04-19-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Banned
sorry to hear about that man... can you take pics of it so we know what to look for? im not sure what part on your car melted, and i'm hoping they didnt melt my car when they tinted it...

oh and as for the $1250, companies like that have insurance for stuff like that so its really not coming out of there pockets...

Old 04-23-2005, 03:34 AM
1250? That is BS. Dealer BS. I bought my door sills for like 70$ the pair I think... Havent installed them, but I tried pulling them out gently and they seem to come out easy. My current ones got a little scratched so I am going to change them when they get scratched more.

1250$ that is crap assuming we are talking about the same piece... Is it ONLY the thing that says INFINITI when you open the door?

Old 04-28-2005, 12:11 PM
+ weather stripping per his original post.

Old 04-30-2005, 11:19 PM
sorry to hear, will be careful when i get my tints

Old 05-01-2005, 11:50 PM
what do you mean "windows lower when the door opens"? I am getting my G tinted tomorrow, so I think i should tell them about this, but can you explain a little more in detail what you mean here?

Thanks,

Hockeyplay95

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TINT HORROR STORY (read at your discretion)