Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

California Car Duster, Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005 | 05:55 PM
Vic
|
California Car Duster, Yes or No?

Can anyone please share their experiences with California car duster..
Is it a good and easy product to keep our car clean?

Old 10-05-2005 | 06:26 PM
no... i've used them but may mar the paint. it doesn't take long to wash a car anyways so why not just do that. and QD it every couple of days? my car gets washed at least once a week.

Old 10-05-2005 | 06:44 PM
I've used one for several years on a few different vehicles. It works well removing dust if the vehicle has not been rained on since the last time it has been washed.

Old 10-05-2005 | 07:57 PM
Vic
|
great.. but i heard that since the duster cointain some wax, it makes streaks on the paint. is this right?

Old 10-05-2005 | 08:58 PM
Doesn't streak it too bad...at least mine doesn't. I've used mine for about a year or 2 now so maybe the wax is gone.

The duster works well if the car is garaged most the time and gets dusted daily.

Old 10-05-2005 | 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Vic
great.. but i heard that since the duster cointain some wax, it makes streaks on the paint. is this right?
Yup, I just bought one like 3 months ago and the first time I used it there were streaks. It's good but I haven't been using it much. I'd rather just cover it with the car cover.

Old 10-05-2005 | 11:10 PM
i use it everyday, no marring, no streaks.. then again, my car almost never sees dirt that isnt washed off almost immediately. the duster is used between washes if the car is ONLY dusty. my family has owned a car detailing business for 16 years now, and i have worked it since day one. My duster works great for daily dustings. if there is road sludge flung on the car, tire grime on it, or dirt of any sorts(especially if someone mowed around the car and flung dust and dirt), I simply choose to rinse it off. after a commute of 50+ miles, on clear days, i just come home and dust it off. If there is anything that might be picked up in the duster that could potientially scratch, its rinsed off instead.
BTW-if your also thinking about the water blade, dont try it on the G, the paint is too soft. Older cars can handle it better.
hope this helps

Old 10-06-2005 | 01:38 AM
Vic
|
thanks guys for the info.. i appreciate it

Old 10-06-2005 | 05:03 AM
if the dust has been sitting on the paint for a few days, don't use the duster. only use the duster after the car has been washed without having the dust sit on the car more than a couple days. It'll be streak free. Work great on my car (twilight blue)

Old 10-06-2005 | 10:25 AM
Remeber there is a difference between DUST and DIRT. LIke what peeps said above, dust should be ok, but if the car is left outside....ehhhh it's a risk. All you need is a heavy dirt particle and you're screwed. Not to mention, if you think of their slogan....."the dirtier it gets the better it works"....Hmmmmm do you really want to wipoe your car with something that is dirty. I used it on my truck with good results and tried it on the G once and won't use it again on the G.

Old 10-07-2005 | 01:43 PM
Yes, works fine for me for DUST only. I think the streaking some get is when it's first used. Somewhere I read a suggestion to wrap a new one in newspaper for a while and that takes away some of the wax so it won't leave the streaks. seem to work for me. I'm not sure where you live but in CT the dust/pollen has been brutal this year and I think using QD without first using a duster might be difficult as the dust/pollen can get heavy in just one day. If you have black paint you may wish to be careful. good luck.

Old 10-07-2005 | 06:18 PM
i would advise that you do not "dust" the bottom of the fenders, and the sides of the rear bumper... tire shine that was applied to heavily, or didnt have enough time to soak in will sling onto thoses pannels, once you get tire shine on the duster its trash, it will streak everywhere, i let mine sit for months and blew it wil an air gun at work frequestly and still streaked up, so i threw it out.... i use my new one for top surfaces and higher portion of the doors, quarter ect... use quick detailer and a towel for the lower surfaces.

Old 10-07-2005 | 08:00 PM
Whew.. Good, I'm not the only one that hates dust. I'm so **** about my G that she stays covered up in the garage during the week when I'm traveling. Here's a pic... Lol.. Call me crazy. I know I am. (sorry about quality; camera phone)

Last edited by Blackjack; 11-28-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2005 | 10:36 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I'm so **** about my G that she stays covered up in the garage during the week when I'm traveling.
you silly man!

Old 10-09-2005 | 12:56 AM
Originally Posted by Kyosho
you silly man!
I only do this when I'm traveling for at least a week at a time (especially when there is pollen falling). But yeah, prolly overkill, but if I have the cover, why not use it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: California Car Duster, Yes or No?