Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Paintless Dent Removal Rocks!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paintless Dent Removal Rocks!

I had a small ding from some a$$hole on my driver's side door. After 5 minutes of work, the dent removal guy had it completely gone! $65 well spent dollars. I highly recommend it.

Old 10-13-2005, 03:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you get it done? Where are you located? I have a tiny little ding in my hood that i'd like to get rid of. Hard to see unless you look, but it bothers me !

Old 10-13-2005, 04:46 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
PDR is like my holy grail. I love it - I too had some small "door dings", 3 on one side one on the other - small, you know the deal. Took the pdr guy about 20 minutes to do all four, total cost = $105 CAD.

kajoob, you can find good pdr places just about anywhere. Probably the most common one (or close to it) is Dent Doctor.

http://dentdoctorusa.com/

Old 10-14-2005, 10:01 AM
/\ /\ /\ What he said. I googled it.

Old 10-14-2005, 10:14 AM
I had this done on my Passat twice. Had a door ding that cost me $50 US - couldn't ever find it again. Also had a tree branch fall across my roof and put 4 ball-peen hammer like dents behind the sunroof. That one cost me $150 but would have been $900 at a body shop

I used one of the carisma franchises out here on the east coast near philadelphia.

The guy (Dave) works his magic with a combination of long rods to work the metal back into shape. He told me the metal does retain memory and "wants" to pop back into the shape it was stamped into originally. He drills small access holes inside the door jamb (on a door ding, for example) and then under a lot of light, works the dent out. Finally, he adds some silicone and a small round black plastic plug to finish the hole.

While I was in there, I saw an $80K Jag XK8 that was caught in a nasty hail storm - so dented up it looked like the surface of a golf ball. He had done half the hood and you could not even see a mark under flourescent light.

Needless to say - I am a big fan!

Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah, i've used them before but I need them again!! Damn shopping cart went flying into my fender and left a nice 3" dent in the car. Not sure if they are going to be able to get it out though since it is a sharp dent and not just a dimple. I just can't seem to find one in my area though. Dent Wizard is out here, but like 1 hour away. I wouldn't want them to drive all the way out here (or me drive all the way there) for them to tell me that they can't handle the dent and I have to take it to a body shop.

Anyone know of a guy closer out in Suffolk County, LI???

Old 10-18-2005, 08:42 AM
Staff ALUMNI
D - why not take a picture of the dent and e-mail it to them? I had to do that with one of mine (shopping cart too), because same as yours, it was more a sharp dent. I sent the pic, they told me no problem, and now it's gone.

Old 10-18-2005, 08:59 AM
removed my inch long ding w/ less than half of what you have spent.
well i got hooked of course

Old 10-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Had it done on a previous vehicle. Wow! I watched as the tech did it. It was like watching a flaw get erased. Now if I could only find a place that could do touchup work - have a few micro craters in my paint from some falling gravel / freeway overpass construction.

sd_diver

Old 10-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man it's such a gold mine... i'm still working on learning PDR... just another thing to add to my detailing services i'm almost perfect with touch up paint... still working on a faster technique. but yes.. PDR is good stuff. There are some hacks out there so just watch out. I'd worry about paint condition and it possibly cracking even more.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
man it's such a gold mine... i'm still working on learning PDR... just another thing to add to my detailing services i'm almost perfect with touch up paint... still working on a faster technique. but yes.. PDR is good stuff. There are some hacks out there so just watch out. I'd worry about paint condition and it possibly cracking even more.
Good luck!!

My cousin spent about $2000 on the tools and a week long class. He started messing around with some junk and it took him way too long to learn it for it to be profitable. He usually learns very quickly. I guess if you get a lot of experience, it'll be worth it, but the time is really not the easy part!

Old 10-19-2005, 11:00 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by FrizzleFry
Hey Frizzle - definitely good luck with that, you're right it is a goldmine. I've tried it too and it's tough. I've seen some of your work and you're no slouch so I am sure you'll get it.

And ya, I just finally got my wetsanding technique down too, what a chore that was.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by JDM 350GT
removed my inch long ding w/ less than half of what you have spent.
well i got hooked of course

Sorry about your inch long ding.

Old 10-20-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by Cassman
Sorry about your inch long ding.

Hahaha....fukin hilarious !?