Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

The rain won't stop

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rain won't stop

It's raining like a **** here in the northwest.

What do you guys think about washing a car in the rain? Obviously it's just gonna get rained on, but right now there is all kinds of little crappy leaves and schmutz on the car.

Thoughts? feelings?

Old 01-13-2006, 11:34 AM
26 days straight

I don't know where your located, but up here in bellingham, it's been 26 days straight. Like you, I'm getting so fed up with it I'll probably just wash it in the rain, or during a break in the rain.

Old 01-13-2006, 04:53 PM
yeah, i'm in Eugene, OR same weather system, sucks.

what up wiith the NorthWest G club?

Old 01-13-2006, 11:14 PM
yeah, weather up here has sucked lately. Have to walk to class in the rain everyday and get drenched. Yeah, the Northwest forum seems pretty dead. I guess not a lot of G enthusiasts in the NW. Well when the weather gets nicer, if it ever does, we should arrange a meet with some G's and Z's to see who's out here.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by g35cas
I don't know where your located, but up here in bellingham, it's been 26 days straight. Like you, I'm getting so fed up with it I'll probably just wash it in the rain, or during a break in the rain.

I'm about 35 miles from you - Whidbey Island - just enough rain out here to keep everything green and the car dirty. No worries with flooding so far.

Down south of us has been taking a whuppin...

Old 01-14-2006, 01:23 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I wash mine in the rain all the time.

If it rains while I'm waxing (in the garage) sometimes I pull it out and let it get a good rinse and then bring her in and towel her off - it helps set the wax when the rain is really cold.

Old 01-14-2006, 02:17 AM
D87
You think we have it bad? Looks like God is pretty pissed at the rest of the world too:

ASIA - is reeling under the HARSHEST WINTER FOR YEARS - Ten feet of snow has fallen in Japan. In China, temperatures have plunged as low as minus 43C and 100,000 people had to be evacuated when houses collapsed under the snow. A quarter of a million people have been snowed in. And in India, a frost that made headlines may also prove fatal. It reached the lowest temperature in Delhi for 70 years - and the SECOND LOWEST EVER RECORDED - but it has only dipped below zero by the narrowest of margins: minus 0.2C. Most South Asians are simply unable to cope with even these comparatively mild temperatures. They do not possess blankets or warm clothes. In this part of the world, even those with a roof over their heads rarely have heating. But for the homeless, the situation is even worse.

WESTERN U.S. - RECORD-BREAKING SNOWFALLS hit much of the West, but missed New Mexico and Arizona. From Mammoth in the southern Sierra and Whistler-Blackcomb in Britsh Columbia's Coast Range, to say nothing of Jackson Hole and Vail and Kirkwood and Park City, it was an incredible two weeks of storms for most of the West. At Jackson Hole, the snow depths at mid-mountain are the DEEPEST IN THE 40-YEAR HISTORY of the resort. The recent storm dropped 10 inches a day for nine straight days. Park City Mountain Resort got nearly 100 inches since Christmas and nearly 60 since New Year's Day. Colorado resorts are boasting that they have the best snow in 20 years.

FOG / OVERCAST SKIES -
WISCONSIN - Madison went 14 consecutive days - two entire weeks - without a ray of sunlight, according to the National Weather Service. That TIES THE CITY RECORD FOR MOST CLOUDY DAYS IN A ROW, set in 1992. The winter of 1978-79 was the last 'real winter' this city has had.

MINNESOTA - Saturday the sun shone through in the morning hours after more than two straight weeks of cloudy, often foggy, weather. Each cloudy day brought close to (or above) 30-degree temperatures. Perfectly blue skies with strong sun often means subzero weather in Minnesota in January, but not this week. (On Jan. 17, 1982, Tower, Minn., recorded 52 degrees below zero. Chicago recorded 25 below and subzero temperatures even reached into Mississippi and Alabama.)

MICHIGAN - As of January 6th, two weeks had passed since Grand Rapids recorded any sunshine. Since the beginning of December, they reported fair skies on a grand total of zero days. Three days were partly cloudy and 33 were cloudy. The average month of December brings 23 percent of possible sunshine to the weather station in Grand Rapids. For December 2005, the figure was 9 percent. The forecast sees no imminent change in the general weather pattern. "Basically, what's going on right now is we're not seeing a lot of winds aloft and not a lot of dry air." Or, in layman's terms: "We're kind of in a lull."

IOWA - After a solid two weeks with nary a glimpse of winter sun in central Iowa, weather forecasters said a break from the clouds was possible on the 6th. When it comes to completely clear skies, a longer wait is in store. "There's no clear sun in the foreseeable future." On the plus side, temperatures have remained mild, with highs in the 30s and 40s, slightly above normal for this time of year, when temperatures generally run from the mid- to upper 20s, with lows in the upper single digits to low teens. Although November, December and January are typically the cloudiest months of the year, two solid weeks of overcast skies is an UNUSUAL EVENT. The culprit is low-level moist air that has, in essence, kept clouds trapped over the area. Mild temperatures have contributed, melting snow and adding moisture to the air, which creates more clouds and fog. A high-pressure dry area is needed to push the clouds away, but none is in sight.

Old 01-15-2006, 10:16 PM
global warming is a bitch

Old 01-15-2006, 10:46 PM
D87
Originally Posted by BigSash
global warming is a bitch
Ha ha, I was thinking more of the Apocalypse... hey, think about it, why can't it happen in our lifetime? All signs are pointing to it - the situation is Israel, worldwide events, environment going nuts, blah blah blah...

Old 01-15-2006, 11:12 PM
26 days, thats sucks

Old 01-15-2006, 11:14 PM
how can you guys live in Washington?? I was in seattle last christmas, boy that was worst trip I had ever made in my life. Dont get me wrong, seattle is great place to live, but rain is preventing me from going there. I have no comments on Eugene, OR. GeeWillikers, are you in the military or something?? Well, out here in Lemoore, Cali, it actually pretty nice but I have to deal with dust and ****ty air.

Old 01-15-2006, 11:28 PM
D87
Yeah there wasn't a cloud in the sky today in SF, it was super sunny - chilly, but sunny.