Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

3M Scotchgard paint protection film

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a certified installer of the 3M product. You can check the 3M web site to search for a certified installer in your area. DeStreGa5 said that he thought you could get it for $400, well that must be some other manufacturer of paint protection film cause $400 won't cover the cost of the hood and bumper kits alone, not counting installation.

3M has a new generation of the film, so far it has been in limited supply, but that should change soon. There are other manufactures of the film and some of them have had problems with discoloration, not to say that the 3M will Never discolor, but it is warrented against it.

Sorry didn't mean to sound like a commerical.

Good luck with your install.

John

Old 02-10-2006, 01:28 AM
Question

[QUOTE=DeStreGa5], but you could probably find it cheaper around $400 US.
Oh really, i also want to put "clear bra" on my whtie G. i found 1 place, cost me $500. is it good a price?

Old 02-10-2006, 01:40 AM
i'd say thats pretty good. my dealer ripped me off for $700

Old 02-10-2006, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by DeStreGa5
i'd say thats pretty good. my dealer ripped me off for $700
Why would you have it done through the stealer ?
They only call the same guy you would, then add a few hundred $$$ on for their own pockets.
Go directly to the source.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Although, it would certainly cost more at the dealership, there is one added benefit........for those financing their vehicles, this could be added into the total. Certainly, you would be paying anywhere from 75%-125% more...........

They key to getting a "clear" install would be the installer. Today's new technology film are fairly clear, so what really makes a difference would be the installer.

Take a look here: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=100258

When searching for installers, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. credentials - other than the car you are bringing in, what else have they worked on? the more the better because experience with all makes / models will help with the installers' skill. In addition, the more high-end the cars the installers work on the better because owners of the most exclusive cars in the world only allow the best to touch their machines.
-what is their warranty on parts AND labor
-are they able to perform custom work? There are bulk installers out there who aren't very familiar with precut work and vice versa for precut installers. The best is to find someone who are known to do both - find someone well-rounded in ppf installations.
-price: in general, the cheaper the installing company, the less experienced the installer. Those new to the industry use price to attract business while the veterans use quality and word of mouth.
-ask for references
-see work in person

good luck!