Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Pinnacle Souveran Wax

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pinnacle Souveran Wax

What are people's general opinions on Pinnacle products on a black car?

Also, does anybody knwo the difference between the pinnacle souveran paste wax and liquid wax - obviously 1 is paste, 1 is liquid, but what would justify spending an extra $50 to get the paste wax?

Old 02-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great wax for dark cars ..... liquid is for kids silly rabbit

Old 02-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Pinnacle waxes are strictly beauty waxes, i.e. they offer little in the way of durability or protection. That said, the Souveran paste looks outstanding on blacks (and other dark colors) due to the very high oil content. Gives a very deep liquid appearance, like a pool. The liquid version isn't quite the same and will not give the same level of pop that the paste does, which is also why it's cheaper.

Yes Pinnacle looks great....but, for the price, there are products that offer 90-95% of the same look (and most with better durability) for a lot cheaper. Up to you to decide what you like/prefer.

Mike

Old 02-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Mike said it - Souveran is great, but the look and durabilty doesn't justify the price. There are a whole slew of paste waxes that look as good and offer the same or bettre durabilty for a lot less cash.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
Mike said it - Souveran is great, but the look and durabilty doesn't justify the price. There are a whole slew of paste waxes that look as good and offer the same or bettre durabilty for a lot less cash.
Agreed as well. I use the P21S Carnauba Wax on light colored cars or vehicles with a lot of mettalic flake in the paint. For a darker colored car I really like the Poorboy's World Natty's Paste Wax which is only $15.99 for probably 15 - 25 uses. Both look fantastic and I get a lot of uses out of them so they wind up costing less than $1 per use, which is more than fine with me.

Old 02-24-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by MikeS_G35s

Yes Pinnacle looks great....but, for the price, there are products that offer 90-95% of the same look (and most with better durability) for a lot cheaper. Up to you to decide what you like/prefer.

Mike
Mind listing some ^_^ ............. i'm so confused between Meguiar's, Zaino, Zymol, Pinnacle, etc.... - not really certain which brand I should go with.

Old 02-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Natty's blue is a cheaper alternative that many choose over Souveran.

Of course the car won't look it's best without the proper prep work (clay, polish, cleansing)

Old 02-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
Mind listing some ^_^ ............. i'm so confused between Meguiar's, Zaino, Zymol, Pinnacle, etc.... - not really certain which brand I should go with.
Your car is black, right? On black with no metallic flake I normally go with Clearkotes Carnauba or Poorboys Natty's Blue. Clearkote's is a more slick glow kind of wax and Natty's is a super bling wet wax. Either will look great.

Old 02-25-2006, 01:13 PM
Your car is black, right? On black with no metallic flake I normally go with Clearkotes Carnauba or Poorboys Natty's Blue. Clearkote's is a more slick glow kind of wax and Natty's is a super bling wet wax. Either will look great.
What about for the other steps like polishing and claybar? I'm just so confused because everybody has their own lineup of products.

edit: For example, let's say I'm interested in Poorboy's products. What would I be looking at for doing a complete cleaning solution (from washing to waxing)

right now i'm ~*thinking*~ of trying, if I wer to use the Poorboy lineup, wash, SSR2.5, SSR1, then the blue natty wax. Sound good?

Last edited by 99atlantic; 02-25-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
What about for the other steps like polishing and claybar? I'm just so confused because everybody has their own lineup of products.

edit: For example, let's say I'm interested in Poorboy's products. What would I be looking at for doing a complete cleaning solution (from washing to waxing)

right now i'm ~*thinking*~ of trying, if I wer to use the Poorboy lineup, wash, SSR2.5, SSR1, then the blue natty wax. Sound good?
Yep - just put a claybar in between the wash and the polish and you're pretty much good to go. I'd highly recommend investing in a Porter Cable polisher - polishing by hand is difficult and way more time consuming and usually doesn't produce the same results. Polishes like Poorboys SSR2.5 can be used by hand but it'll take some serious elbow grease to break them down. You can get a PC at Lowes for $100, and pads online for ~$50 (for 3-5 pads).

Although you may have already found it a good how-to can be found right here:

http://autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html

Old 02-25-2006, 05:28 PM
Yep - just put a claybar in between the wash and the polish and you're pretty much good to go. I'd highly recommend investing in a Porter Cable polisher - polishing by hand is difficult and way more time consuming and usually doesn't produce the same results. Polishes like Poorboys SSR2.5 can be used by hand but it'll take some serious elbow grease to break them down. You can get a PC at Lowes for $100, and pads online for ~$50 (for 3-5 pads).

Although you may have already found it a good how-to can be found right here:

http://autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html
Because of what happened on my mustang, I'm just not really confortable doing anything but hand polishing/waxing....I know it doesn't produce the same effect, but it gives me more piece of mind, so I guess it's a good trade off

Old 02-26-2006, 10:50 AM
Staff ALUMNI
If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your stang? Did someone mess it up with a rotary?

Old 02-26-2006, 01:18 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your stang? Did someone mess it up with a rotary?
yep ^_^ (i know, rotaries are a far different beast than a dual action pc, but sitll, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth)

Old 02-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Punchit
Agreed as well. I use the P21S Carnauba Wax on light colored cars or vehicles with a lot of mettalic flake in the paint. For a darker colored car I really like the Poorboy's World Natty's Paste Wax which is only $15.99 for probably 15 - 25 uses. Both look fantastic and I get a lot of uses out of them so they wind up costing less than $1 per use, which is more than fine with me.

Bingo. I use the Pinnacle on my garage queens. It looks great but has little to no durability. The Natty's looks very similar and has a bit better durability.

-GT

Old 03-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Wax

Anybody have any luck with Klasse AIO then finishing up with a P21
I tried Zaino, did not like the price, mail order thing plus all the steps
but in does last.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pinnacle Souveran Wax