Care & Detailing Washing, waxing, cleaning, caring.

Sonus Paint Cleanser

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2006 | 11:24 PM
Picus112,

Just did the Klasse AIO/ SG today.
The car came out really well but just like you have said, the SG is a pain to remove.
Do you have any suggestions to make the removal easier? I used my Porter Cable with a micro bonnet but I still didn't find it very effective. I can still see where I applied the SG. I even tried using a straight finishing pad( grey) but that was even less effective.

I would like to layer the coats of SG a couple of more times, then hit it with a few coats of P21S . It's a great wax BTW.

Would layering a coat of SG and a coat of P21S, then another coat of SG, and another coat of P21S work etc... or can you not layer coats like that?

B.

I would like to meet up with you one day and have you check out my car. I would like your personal opinion since you are the guru of detailing here at "Driver".

Old 04-17-2006 | 11:38 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Staff Alumni
Heya Bill - one thing that makes removing SG a little easier is to do it by hand but spritz with a quick detailer as you remove it. You'll go through a couple cloths, but it makes things move a bit quicker. Just spritz the qd on a panel and start buffing. Aside from that SG is just kind of a pain to remove.

Also, you can't layer a sealant over a wax, so the SG > P2 > SQ won't work. Once you have the P21S on there all you'll be able to do is put on more wax until you remove all the layers and start from scratch. I'd say at 2-3 layers of SG put on the P21S. After 2-3 layers you don't see much difference.

As for meeting up - I'd be happy to. PM me or e-mail me etc.. and we will figure something out.