Drag NHRA, IDRC, IHRA, NDRA

Calling for the Fastest 5AT NA Coupe times Please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calling for the Fastest 5AT NA Coupe times Please

After running a 13.85 at 102.73 I am wondering what the fastest Naturally Aspirated G35 5AT Coupes are running or have run...All my mods are below...

Stock cams...Stock headers...stock pipe with stock cats...

Just curious what the fastest one out there is...

Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 AM
Thats amazing.. i'm not even close to you but i'm stock and been to the track only once. I did a 14.5 on my stock G on a pretty hot day.. hopefully i can do better next time i go.. since its cooler now.

Old 10-12-2006, 01:39 AM
I ran a 14.6 at best on Sacramento Raceway.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Guys, thanks for replying...I was starting to wonder if only the Sedans raced?

14.5 on a hot day...with stock rims...is a 14.0-14.2 with cool temps, lower elevations, and 16-17" rims...so not bad.

14.6...same thing...but your tag says you have NOS...is that true? If so, that should be a 13.6...

Old 10-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you might be the fastest NA 5AT, except for ISMSOLUTIONS. I know wnt1bd ran some good times, and G-Tofu, and a few others, but I believe they are all 6MT's.

And IIRC, ISMSOLUTIONS had headwork, cams, and the 3.9 FD.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
And IIRC, ISMSOLUTIONS had headwork, cams, and the 3.9 FD.
Not saying he's a liar, but he's never posted a timeslip of his runs even after numerous people asking over the past year.

Old 10-12-2006, 10:48 AM
Staff Alumni
I know. I'm starting to think some of his claims are bit dubious as well(like some of the research he's done on mods); but for some reason, I do believe his claims of "in the twelves".

Old 10-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I know. I'm starting to think some of his claims are bit dubious as well(like some of the research he's done on mods); but for some reason, I do believe his claims of "in the twelves".
It's definitely possible, but it's going to take a lot of power or weight reduction. There are a few VQ35 95-03 Maximas running in the 12s NA with 260-265whp and they're on slicks pulling upper 1.7/lower 1.8 60 foots and have curb weights (no driver) in the range of 2,700-2,900lbs. These aren't "gutted" cars either. There is only one auto in this 12-second NA Maxima group and he's running cams, headers, revised intake manifold, swapped in VQ35, I/E, a 3,500rpm stall, and a 2,600lb weight. For IMP to be in the 12s NA with a 3,400lb coupe (assuming he hasn't gutted it) is going to take some serious power (290-300whp). I don't know about you, but I have yet to read about a VQ35 that's pulled 290-300whp on a Dynojet. If it takes 290-300whp/300wtq to get a 3,400lb LS1 F-Body (regardless of tranny) into the upper 12s, then I'd surely think it's going to take the same power delivery (ie average HP/TQ) to push an NA G35 5AT into the same 1/4 mile range.

I don't doubt he has the mods he claims, but like you said earlier, I too doubt the gains he claims and all the research he's done. You'd think that if he pumped this much money into his car, has done all these dynos, and made 12-second NA runs, he'd surely post all the data. I have yet to see a dyno plot, a video, and or a timeslip. Most of us get pretty excited when we exceed the norm. Apparantly he doesn't. IMO, either he just doesn't care or he's lying. It is odd that he pimps Fast Intentions products on a regular basis and gets quite excited about their upcoming products, yet he's not excited to show the Org any of his data.

You know me, it's hard for me to take him too seriously without seeing some legit data.

Last edited by DaveB; 10-12-2006 at 01:09 PM.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:12 PM
Staff Alumni
Doug Stewart at crawford has dyno'd at 292, IIRC, on his local dynojet. That was with custom grind cams. But, to my knowledge, without and headwork. The VQ is ready to make 310ish, IMO.

Take my car, for example. About 260, right now. Give me a utec, and Sharif, and I'll be at 275 minimum; more likely 280. Give me crawford headers, and another round of Sharif, and I'll be at 285.

You think some nice cams, and more tuning, can get me another 15hp peak? I sure do. Especially if the turboxs enables the VTC on the exhaust side.

Old 10-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
ISMSolutions mentioned he had around 350 whp NA. That fits pretty well with a 3.9 FD and times in the 12s even without significant weight reduction.

Nice run NA, btw!

I've only run w/ a GtechPro-RR - need to get out to the track to see how well it compares... I average runs up and down the same stretch of road to "even" out the elevation issue. How do tracks deal with this - I mean every track is different, right?

Old 10-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
ISMSolutions mentioned he had around 350 whp NA.
No comment.

Old 10-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Devil's Advocate
I'd have to see it to believe it.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:56 AM
I wont post my timeslip from tonight cause well i dont have a scanner to put it up with and i dont really care either cause its extremely slow to me but i will say it definately has ALOT to do with driver way more then any of you think. I normally drive a low to flat 7 second mustang on the weekends so not to sound cocky but i know how to drive a car. My G35C is bone *** stock ive had it for a month now 6MT and my time tonight was faster then any of the ones that have been posted in this thread. Your cars are capable of much more then what your getting out of them.

Some people honestly just dont care to post there times ive seen an IS300 with my own 2 eyes run a 10.14 yet if you go over to my.IS they will tell you no IS300 has ever run in the 10's some people just arent into the internet thing and posting times. While i dont keeps the mods to my IS300 secret i guess you could say im growing out of that phase and once work is done on the G35 the only person who will know whats done to it is whoever tunes it. Same with my Supra i browse Supraforums but i dont think anyone over there with the exception of 1-2 people even know the car.

I say this only because people think that if there is no timeslip it never happened and if it isnt posted on the internet it never happened. Fact is some people just dont give a damn to post anything or prove anything some of us have gotten to the stage where we just build cars for fun and no other reason.

Old 10-14-2006, 01:57 AM
Originally Posted by OKCIS
I wont post my timeslip from tonight cause well i dont have a scanner to put it up with and i dont really care either cause its extremely slow to me but i will say it definately has ALOT to do with driver way more then any of you think. I normally drive a low to flat 7 second mustang on the weekends so not to sound cocky but i know how to drive a car. My G35C is bone *** stock ive had it for a month now 6MT and my time tonight was faster then any of the ones that have been posted in this thread. Your cars are capable of much more then what your getting out of them.

Some people honestly just dont care to post there times ive seen an IS300 with my own 2 eyes run a 10.14 yet if you go over to my.IS they will tell you no IS300 has ever run in the 10's some people just arent into the internet thing and posting times. While i dont keeps the mods to my IS300 secret i guess you could say im growing out of that phase and once work is done on the G35 the only person who will know whats done to it is whoever tunes it. Same with my Supra i browse Supraforums but i dont think anyone over there with the exception of 1-2 people even know the car.

I say this only because people think that if there is no timeslip it never happened and if it isnt posted on the internet it never happened. Fact is some people just dont give a damn to post anything or prove anything some of us have gotten to the stage where we just build cars for fun and no other reason.
Good for you. I've seen Festivas run low 12s. Stranger things have happened. A 10-seconds IS300? What's the big secret there? Built 2JZ single turbo and transbrake. Done deal. There are three 9-second Supras at the track with the same setup.

Most of us are here to help others out and we're not secretive about our mods. We actually try to help others improve their times. I never really understood the mentality of keeping mods secret. I find people far more credible when they are forthcoming with the data. Why hide it? It makes no sense.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:30 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bosssho
Guys, thanks for replying...I was starting to wonder if only the Sedans raced?

14.5 on a hot day...with stock rims...is a 14.0-14.2 with cool temps, lower elevations, and 16-17" rims...so not bad.

14.6...same thing...but your tag says you have NOS...is that true? If so, that should be a 13.6...
I did not have NOS at the time. I just recently installed NOS into my car. My apologies for not telling you that ahead.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Calling for the Fastest 5AT NA Coupe times Please