Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Click From Pedal When Releasing Clutch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stand by my earlier post that spraying a bit of silicon lubricant on the helper spring and the clevis pin takes care of the click. I didn't even know that this thread was still going on.... I haven't heard a click from my car now in months.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
I'm still clicking... However. it's nowhere near as bad as it was with my previous clutch pedal assembly.. I almost never hear it nowadays.. but occasionally it does click.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:29 PM
The click has returned on my G35. That means the silicon lubricant I sprayed on the clevis pin and helper spring took care of the click for me for over 8 months. I'll have to get under the dash and spray the lubricant on there again.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:18 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I am getting the clicks as well. Looks like I'll be looking to perform this procedure soon...

Old 08-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
AWD Sport with Tech
had the click last night!! woke up this morning and all is fine so ill check this evening for the "spot" to lube as mentioned in this thread.

Last edited by 1beastnstl; 08-05-2008 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have had this annoying sound on mine too. I JUST got it out of shop (still under warranty for the moment) YESTERDAY!!!!! They couldn't find it. OF COURSE! I will let my hubby look at this thread and see if he can check out some of the possible fixes for it. Although he is a mechanic, he doesnt want to "mess with" much of anything for fear we will void the warranty. )We've never had a warranty before...hehehe. But doesn't do much good if they CANT FIND IT and we don't want to void it!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Clutch?? What's that?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Anyone have the feeling of a fast clicking/movement from the clutch pedal right as you are pushing it to the floor? You can also here it in the car as it is not silent. It's hard to describe, but it feels like a fast vibration, like some people feel in the clutch pedal when the windshield wipers are on. I don't know if this is normal, any fix?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
had this issue for a while. The loud "pop" when releasing the clutch. First I lubed just the pivot points. Still had the noise especially when cold. Next I lubed the pivot points again including the one with the cotter pin assem. Then I sprayed the helper spring seats and spring with oil. This is what really did the trick for those who have this particular problem. I used gun oil for this but Im sure silicone spray or lithium grease will do. I wouldnt use wb-40 or cheap ****.

Old 12-10-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
I have a similar problem to this, but its not so much creaking as it is "clicking" or "knocking" coming from my driver front wheelwell. I have an 05 X sedan AT. Lowered on z/coupe springs and usually have my coupe 19s on in the summer....just switched back to 17" stockers but still lowered.

Recently ive been hearing this noise usually when im reversing (clockwise turn of the steering wheel) out of my parking spot and turn the steering wheel all the way. This also happens when im going 5-10 mph and do some slight turning as well. Its not very consistent, happens here and there...Any ideas?

Is this struts issue? pillow ball? rack/pinion? Any ideas guys?

Old 12-10-2008, 08:34 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by G35xChicago
I have a similar problem to this, but its not so much creaking as it is "clicking" or "knocking" coming from my driver front wheelwell. I have an 05 X sedan AT. Lowered on z/coupe springs and usually have my coupe 19s on in the summer....just switched back to 17" stockers but still lowered.

Recently ive been hearing this noise usually when im reversing (clockwise turn of the steering wheel) out of my parking spot and turn the steering wheel all the way. This also happens when im going 5-10 mph and do some slight turning as well. Its not very consistent, happens here and there...Any ideas?

Is this struts issue? pillow ball? rack/pinion? Any ideas guys?
Sounds like "axle click" .. do a search.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Received 121 Likes on 113 Posts
Anyone have a permanent solution for this problem? It sounds like a bomb is going of at the bottom of the my left foot every time it happens since it's getting so bad!

I checked the clutch pedal assembly (couldn't be in a worse position) and sprayed some lubricant, but it didn't seem to help.

What else should I try? I can't even turn the spring or clevis in there...

Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Well, I'm the original poster of this thread, and I did have some success with lubricating the pedal and cotter pin bolt to eliminate the noise. However, the noise eventually came back and got to the point where lubricating didn't fix the problem. I had the dealer take a look and they replaced the pedal assembly. I'm now noise free

Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 PM
I dont even know what a troll is. Ban away!

Watch She’s Out Of My League Online Free

Old 03-26-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
Are you still under warranty? If so I would take it in and have the dealer look at it. Otherwise can you give us some more detail on the type of click?
I accept with information:It does not do it if the car is off. The tech guys can't reproduce it, of course. It is driving me insane. This last time it was in, last week they took the pedal assembly apart and lubed it up STILL fvcking does it.

Watch FiFa World Cup 2010 Online

Last edited by phuongtim59; 06-07-2010 at 03:02 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Click From Pedal When Releasing Clutch