Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

My Clutch is going Dead!!!! WHHHYYYY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Clutch is going Dead!!!! WHHHYYYY

Hello My Fellow G’s

My car is a 2004 G35 Coupe, it’s a 6-speed manual transmission and I believe that my clutch is going dead!!!! I believe that because my clutch catches right before I take the foot of the clutch pedal , also sometimes it’s hard to shift into the next gear… actually it happens a lot where the shifting is hard… it also feels like my car is slaking at take of it used to be faster… And the clutch pedal is also hard when u press it down! I remember when I first got the car the shifting was really smooth u could do it with one finger now it shifts hard… Question for my G rider’s that had bad clutches do these symptoms sound familiar????

QUESTIONS???
1. What clutch do you guys suggest?
2. Should I change the Flywheel?
3. And what is the best clutch to put on a stock G35 and that wont mess up my gears or anything else!!!

P.S. JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE ON THE WEBSITE AND A BIG THANKS TO G35DRIVER.COM!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Old 01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Str8t G
Hello My Fellow G’s

My car is a 2004 G35 Coupe, it’s a 6-speed manual transmission and I believe that my clutch is going dead!!!! I believe that because my clutch catches right before I take the foot of the clutch pedal , also sometimes it’s hard to shift into the next gear… actually it happens a lot where the shifting is hard… it also feels like my car is slaking at take of it used to be faster… And the clutch pedal is also hard when u press it down! I remember when I first got the car the shifting was really smooth u could do it with one finger now it shifts hard… Question for my G rider’s that had bad clutches do these symptoms sound familiar????

QUESTIONS???
1. What clutch do you guys suggest?
2. Should I change the Flywheel?
3. And what is the best clutch to put on a stock G35 and that wont mess up my gears or anything else!!!

P.S. JUST WANT TO SAY THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT PEOPLE ON THE WEBSITE AND A BIG THANKS TO G35DRIVER.COM!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!
You may want to do a search on the forum but I've read that going with stock replacement is your best bet for reliability/durability. I may be wrong but I do believe that if possible you should change your flywheel as it may have be worn down especially if your clutch is going out. Sorry, wish I could give you better advice.