Drivetrain Questions and info regarding transmissions, clutches, etc.

Clutch sticking in 06 G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue.. only happens on hot days in city traffic. sticks right at the point of engagement. I told infiniti about it and they do nothing, and cant replicate the problem. Probably because, when I drop it off it cools down for hours before they drive it. I asked them to change the master or slave cylinder under warranty and they make up some excuse.. I will try the WD40 fix, doesnt hurt and is free.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Deezflip
I agree with you in that a majority of people here are quick to get something replace since most don't know how to pick up a wrench and do it themselves. They're quick to agree in everything the dealership or mechanic has to say.

It sure wouldn't hurt to try the Wd40 thing if it the sticking is indeed at the pedals. In my case, it turned out to be the hydraulic clutch fluid. I surely didn't replace any slave or master cylinders which would've been the most expensive and last option I would've tried.

I did this and the clutch hasn't been sticking since...
https://g35driver.com/forums/drivetr...me-here-3.html
I suspected fluid initially. ( I do drive aggressively.) I can't believe both a MC and Slave Cylinder would go after only 60k miles or at the same time. That wreaks of bad fluid or boiling fluid, especially when the clutch works fine after the car cools down. I suspect a good fluid flush will do the trick. Anyone have a writeup of how to do that?

Old 09-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by montyz81
I suspected fluid initially. ( I do drive aggressively.) I can't believe both a MC and Slave Cylinder would go after only 60k miles or at the same time.
Exactly my thought, even the worst designs of cylinders last longer than that

Originally Posted by montyz81
I suspect a good fluid flush will do the trick. Anyone have a writeup of how to do that?
uh..it was in the link I provided lol

Old 09-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sofresh
I have the same issue.. only happens on hot days in city traffic. sticks right at the point of engagement. I told infiniti about it and they do nothing, and cant replicate the problem. Probably because, when I drop it off it cools down for hours before they drive it. I asked them to change the master or slave cylinder under warranty and they make up some excuse.. I will try the WD40 fix, doesnt hurt and is free.
Exactly. Free and easy. Everyone should already have a can of WD40 in the house. Try it, if for no other reason than to rule it out. Worked for me.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fluid flush always works for me. Have to do it about once a year or so. I suspect it comes on when you have your A/C since it's out which means your fluid is more prone to boiling. For those that replaced the MC/SC... I'm curious if the problem is fixed since you have to flush the system to replace those parts.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
My clutch would stick during hot weather.. I didn't know what caused it but I brought it to the dealer and they replace the master cylinder under warranty. So far its been good without any sticking

Old 09-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Mine sticks too but I haven't even broken 40k yet?

Ha. Well I just called Infiniti Chantilly and described the problem and the guy told me it wasn't the slave and master cylinder that was the problem but a problem with the pin of the clutch assembly sticking? He said it's not covered under warranty but I don't even know if there's any truth to anything he just told me..

Last edited by adbui; 09-04-2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by adbui
Mine sticks too but I haven't even broken 40k yet?

Ha. Well I just called Infiniti Chantilly and described the problem and the guy told me it wasn't the slave and master cylinder that was the problem but a problem with the pin of the clutch assembly sticking? He said it's not covered under warranty but I don't even know if there's any truth to anything he just told me..
Mine started sticking when I only had about 12k on the car. It got really bad at around 15k. That's when I fixed it.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:25 AM
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
had a new clutch and fly put in, and it happened to me when I was in stop in go traffic in the mountains going to lick observatory, never happened again but just then it did. I hope it was just the pedal inside the car.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:40 AM
Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree with you in that a majority of people here are quick to get something replace since most don't know how to pick up a wrench and do it themselves. They're quick to agree in everything the dealership or mechanic has to say.

It sure wouldn't hurt to try the Wd40 thing if it the sticking is indeed at the pedals. In my case, it turned out to be the hydraulic clutch fluid. I surely didn't replace any slave or master cylinders which would've been the most expensive and last option I would've tried.

HAH you're a funny guy

Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Name:  DSC02569.jpg
Views: 2477
Size:  46.6 KB This is what my fluid looks like. I just have to find time to replace it.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:09 PM
what fluid do we use.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have noticed this on here too, and I am one who takes the hands-on approach whenever I can with all my cars. But to each his own lol. I just can't justify throwing a ton of money at a dealership if I can do it myself or with the help of a few buddies. I don't know about you, but I sure don't have a disposable income - I will try the cheap or free methods first before dumping money into it if need be.

Ranger is the man - I have been using his method for years now in any manual car I own. I started it with my '02 Z28 and still do it with the G. I typically do it about every 3-6 months, or whenever I notice a degradation in the performance of the clutch. Its a great cheap way to extend the life of your clutch and the hydraulic system.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Received 295 Likes on 183 Posts
I had this problem at 10k miles.. Infiniti replaced my clutch pedal
I had this problem at 25k miles.. Infiniti replaced my clutch pedal.
I had this problem at 37k miles.. Infiniti replaced my clutch pedal AND... they gave me a brand spanking new transmission..
I had this problem at 50k miles... HAHAHHAHA fvckers..!! They replaced my slave cylinder..

i have 64k now.. my car driver perfect..

The dealer sux.. They kept telling me that it was the way i driver my car.. I was pissed..
I hate Tustin Infiniti.. They blow..

Alf

The following users liked this post:
shnasnn (06-11-2013)
Old 09-28-2009, 04:24 PM
have you tried to change the clutch fluid? Mine was murky with rust (shows that there was water in the system) and was sticking. Anyways, I changed it out and I can actually power shift now with no issues. before, I was grinding the gears or was locked out.

Just a little fyi. Btw, keep ur clutch fluid changed. The dust from the clutch can seep into the lines. check at every other fuel fill up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Clutch sticking in 06 G35