Clicking axle fixed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by ac419
stupid metro infiniti needs to get an "authorization from their mechanics" before they can order out the part to start on my car..

since when did service advisors need to order parts before they can work on customers cars? my car is still under warranty.. worst dealership ever..
I'd have to agree. I was actually going to go to Metro Infiniti for this issue, but I'll see what they say. If they give me the same crap as you I'm taking it to Glendale Infiniti since it is next to my work, litterally 1 minute from it.

Yesterday I went to ask how much it would cost to replace the bolt and lug not for the rear wheel and the guy made it seem like a tough job by having to take off the wheel and a couple other parts...and then he asked for $200 when my mechanic would do it for $35

Not only that, the salesman I dealt with was horrible. He tried selling me a fully loaded '06 IP sedan for 28.3k OTD and it had NUMEROUS scratches on the bumper (front and rear) and look at me funny when I gave him an offer a couple grand less than that. I got mine from Cerritos Infiniti and it was the same vehicle, but in much better condition, inside and out, yet it had 3,000 more miles and did not have the sports package, not a big deal, but for $4,000 less I can get rims, suspension, and a crap load of other parts. I

f they do give me crap for this issue, I'm never going back to them again, even if they are 5 mins from my house.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stephenw
Where can I buy Molykote M77 grease?

What about this Valvoline Synthetic Grease work? Its a lithium & moly blend...
http://www.valvoline.com/pages/produ...asp?product=59
Does anybody know where i can buy this grease from the link above? It clearly looks like an excellent solution for the axle click and id like to pick up this product for use on my vehicle. The link doesnt have a method of order and a google search came up with little to no luck. Little help from anybody? I went into autozone but they didnt have ish.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:47 AM
^

I bought it at Advance Auto Parts. You could also try PepBoys.

Old 07-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I fixed my axle-click last weekend. It wasnt too hard at all.

Well, my brake caliper bolts had loktite on them, so it took a whole day of PB Breaker to get them off. (I'd like to get my hands on whoever did that )

And...
I broke a ratchet trying to get the Axle Nut off, but I returned it for a new ratchet and bought a breaker-bar.

Otherwise, it was easy. PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks to everyone in this thread for the info.

Old 08-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone in socal that wants to do this? just dont have the proper tools

pm me thx

Old 08-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i cant find a DIY link for this can anyone help me out please

Old 08-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
i cant find a DIY link for this can anyone help me out please
I think the first post on this thread is the only DIY for this job. Download the TSB... between the TSB and the first post, its pretty easy to figure out.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Can anyone confirm if this is a metal to metal sound? Sounds like two wrenches being clicked together?

Old 09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Bump

Old 09-09-2008, 08:06 PM
can anyone post pictures with the steps ? =(
i want to get it fixed but i really dont know what nuts or how i have to do this =(

every time that i pass over a pothole =( or speed bumps ..or uneven roads ..
i mean EVERY TIME in LA =(
i hear the rear of my car making a squeaking click noise ..it drives me crazy... and m my passenger dash is starting to make the same noise ...
i cant drive w/o the radio on =(
bump !

Old 09-09-2008, 08:16 PM
i cant see any video ..they are all removed =(
can u guys post it again ? ^^

Old 09-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Nightstalker
Can anyone confirm if this is a metal to metal sound? Sounds like two wrenches being clicked together?
ANYONE!?

Old 09-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes, its a loud click. Its usually produced when you back out a driveway or go over a speedbump.

If you are lowered and have rims, will dealer still fix this?

Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Well I am not sure what I have any more but the noise coming from the wheels in my case sounds like a very hot metal cooling down.
That sound is the same to the radiator cooling down. In my case it does not sound like two keys being banged together.
And the noise can be heard in small places like parking lots, driving by a wall going over a speed bump also indoor parking lots give a clear sound of the noise but still can't say that is the clicking problem (in my case).
The only thing left to do is do the TBS and see if it fixes it, I have already bought the size 32 key so I'm good to go.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
How retarded is it that in the service manual for the rear brakes it doesnt tell you how to remove the rear rotors. Do you have to remove the axle nut to take off the rear rotors? I couldnt get that rear axle nut off to save my life! I have a breaker bar and the 32m socket!! WTF! I weigh 210 pounds and I even tried standing and jumping on the SOB! Any help?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Clicking axle fixed!