Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Having Big Problems!..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Having Big Problems!..

OK...im having a problem with my 3rd grinding..this is like my 3rd post on this matter but it seems no one wants to help out very much (thanks to those that did response to my thread)...anyways i took my 03 g35 coupe w/ 45,000miles on it to Tustin Infiniti even though i live near the cerritos infiniti from the advise i got from one of the thread that said go to TUSTIN INFINITI they have the best service...well anyways i talked to that guy Alex (advise from Heri from West Covina)...Not a personable guy, at least not to me!...i turned my car in to them and got pretty quick service from Brian Walker (assistant service manager)...he gave me a 07 g35 sedan as my loaner..loved that car!...ok to make a long story short, a week later i call in cause i wanted to know what was going on with my car..supposely someone dropped the ball and didnt call me back...i thought they were working on it..but NO!...Brian tells me that my car needs a new clutch thats why its grinding in 3rd, that it was stiff..but dont all 03 g's have stiff clutches?...i talked to alot of people and they say the same thing as me..it cant be the clutch!..cause wouldnt it grind in 1st or 2nd if it was my clutch? because of the high rpm's?.....i really think its my synchro!..but i really dont know! ..does anyone have any suggestions or can help me out!!!!...i get ZERO help from Cerritos Infiniti also..April is cool but she pissed me off the last time i went there!.....

Old 06-26-2007, 10:49 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
they are most likely the synchros.. under what driving conditions does 3rd grind? My 5th would grind under 60 MPH but not over 60 MPH so i knew it wasn tthe clutch. You are right thinking its not the clutch because all other gears would slip/grind as well. CALL them back and tell them you are positive its the synchros and they need to fix it under warrnaty. If they give you a hard time, call corporate and tell them about your experience, especially how your car has been there a week and you they didnt let you know the status, basically your whole story

My whole tranny was replaced with new clutch and all because of the 5th gear grinding.

Old 06-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Received 1,133 Likes on 1,003 Posts
It's not the clutch..............

If it were the clutch you'd have issues with every gear, not just third. You
would have a continuous problem engaging all gears. Having a stiff clutch
has no bearing on the problem......like so what.....what does stiff have to
do with third gear.....not a damn thing! The third gear syncro is your problem
and if you're still under warranty have them all replaced. Find a dealership
that you can sit down and explain what kind of problems your having.....like
the third gear syncro grinding.......and Good Luck!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:06 PM
arent u still under warantee? Take it in and have them change the tranny... mine would grind going into third also

Old 06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you know I had the same problem as you did... I first took my car in and the service consultant told me that the clutch needed to be changed. I told him alright I kind of don't believe what your sayingbecause all 03 clutches are stiff. So I asked the service manager why is it only 3rd and 4th grinding at high rpmsand when I shift fast. The service manager did not hesitate to tell me it was the syncros when I started asking all these questions. They ordered a new tranny. They also used the same clutch and flywheel....... And they said it was the clutch, gimme a break. .... Don't back down. You have the same problem I did, so tell them to change the tranny. My car no longer grinds and it shifts very smoothly. If you need any help PM me.. G

Old 06-27-2007, 03:57 PM
A agree with everyone here. They probably just want to make some money. Warranty work doesn't pay **** when you work at the dealer. Call the corporate office if they will not replace it under warranty.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:50 PM
thanks!

THANKS FOR ALL RESPONSES....but do i get in touch with the corporate office?....whats the #?

Old 06-27-2007, 07:42 PM
ok just got a call back from Bernie the service manager at cerritos infiniti..he said he went over my vehicle history and he saw that tustin infiniti thought i needed a clutch..and he pretty much agreed with them...he said that if i really wanted them to check the tranny he would have to get authorition to teardown the tranny and see whats really the problem..but that would cost me $600 for the labor to get it done...i told him isnt it under warranty and he said yes but the clutch isnt...he said it could be the pressure plate cause that seems to be the problem alot also which is $900 ..$1400 for a clutch...damn what am i going to do????..their really pissing me off......
does anyone know anyone in high places!!..lol ..dont know what to do!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:58 PM
this is like a super bump!

Old 06-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Check your PM

Old 06-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey I just checked my invoice that infiniti gave me this is what it says from the manager. Tell me if this is your problem. If it is I am willing to fax you a copy and show it to them, remember they wanted to open my tranny up and I denied because I knew it was not the clutch. I pretty much made the service consultant look like **** cuz he was wrong...

- Report on the vehicle grinding when shifting into 3rd and 4th gear. Concern occurs when shifting at higher RPMs, found an internal failure within 3rd and 4th gear syncros. Replaced Manual transmission assy, complete

Transmission Assy:32010-CD009.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by g-cia35
Hey I just checked my invoice that infiniti gave me this is what it says from the manager. Tell me if this is your problem. If it is I am willing to fax you a copy and show it to them, remember they wanted to open my tranny up and I denied because I knew it was not the clutch. I pretty much made the service consultant look like **** cuz he was wrong...

- Report on the vehicle grinding when shifting into 3rd and 4th gear. Concern occurs when shifting at higher RPMs, found an internal failure within 3rd and 4th gear syncros. Replaced Manual transmission assy, complete

Transmission Assy:32010-CD009.

I think Mo needs that copy, it will be nice if you can help him out to fix that problem. Most of the dealers like to use clutch as they fall back because they know if they tell us that we need to pay for the tear down and putting it back then we will back off 90% of the time. It did work on me once and I just wish I have that fax from you back then.

Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
yea is there anyway u can fax it to me now?...fax #562-795-2878

Old 06-27-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mo's Tre' 5
yea is there anyway u can fax it to me now?...fax #562-795-2878
Mo keep that copy if you get it and one day i might need it also.

Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 PM
bobby..this is bullsh1t huh?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Having Big Problems!..