Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

What hp gain from Stillen G2 exhaust + Ztube + hiflow intake

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by LudwigB
This thread has some dyno by some of the members here. Haven't read through all so I can't comment:
https://g35driver.com/forums/southern-california/43736-dyno-day-2-19-2005-a.html
yep, that’s one of many... good find... I had to scroll through to find the actual results... they start on post #230.

This was in 2005... you see what I mean about not being able to just poof, make it appear on a request. There are lots out there. The people that are skeptical have a right to be so. It's up to each individual to trust that what is said comes from being at events like that one and knowing the people that were at those events... it's not all "talk".

I realize that mods that are 2 & 3 years old don’t have as much recent data that is easy to find - because it's all been hashed out long ago. Some stuff doesn’t work and that has been proven too... there are soooo many configurations that do and don’t work that there simply is no 1 answer - other than some indeed do. Everything in my sig has worked very well for me on dyno and track – none of it was on a whim or by someone telling me to put it on my car… I did sh!tloads of research and saw what does and doesn’t work from data sheets and dyno days and cars that do well on track, etc... and some from just personal testing… doesn’t mean I think everyone should have the same thing... WaLLy has a coupe with similar type mods but some are different manufacturers - for the coupe they work well... his current configuration is definitely comparable to my cars ability... he is the coupe in the vid - but last time we raced at Irwindale (1/8th mile) he was edging me out in most runs... And that was after a few added mods - so just that alone is viable statistics that show bolt-ons work.

Anyway, you are on the right track! Good luck, happy modding!

Old 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This link has a few nice chart. The best one I found so far:
http://motordyneengineering.com/dynos.htm

Hope these charts were done in good control environment.

Last edited by LudwigB; 10-21-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^k so i dont really know how to read dynos that well but did the 5/16 do the best?

Old 10-21-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve312
^k so i dont really know how to read dynos that well but did the 5/16 do the best?
Generally (most dynos that I have seen and others have documented) the 5/16" shows slightly better gains mid range... the 1/2" slightly more top end.

Honestly I think the difference would be so small with daily driving and even tracking that one can't really be declared better than the other.

Many people prefer the 5/16" over 1/2" because it allows more clearance (strut bars, engine covers)... they also like the “slightly better gains” in the usable power band… Like I said it’s doubtful you can tell a difference while driving, but I haven’t slapped them both on so I don’t know for sure.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:52 PM
Here's another one. sorry for annoying everyone for posting piece by piece:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=wheel+spacer

Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
Another threat turns into flames...so what is the answer to the question?

I am also considering in intake...maybe the K&N intake...maybe the borla exhaust or stillen exhaust (haven't decided) and a plenum spacer.

I have gone the modification route before, and when I have, I have always dynoed after a mod to see where I am.

If you have dynoed your car and you have hard numbers you can post, great...otherwise, if you are just guessing and assuming, it is really useless.

I would really like to know how much rear wheel horesepowr was gained by adding an intake, exhaust, penum spacer, etc...each by itself or any combination of these things.

This would really be of help and much appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 10-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
You're supposed to research on your own and find the dyno sheets that someone already posted.

Originally Posted by fredrik94087
I am also considering in intake...maybe the K&N intake...maybe the borla exhaust or stillen exhaust (haven't decided) and a plenum spacer.

I have gone the modification route before, and when I have, I have always dynoed after a mod to see where I am.

If you have dynoed your car and you have hard numbers you can post, great...otherwise, if you are just guessing and assuming, it is really useless.

I would really like to know how much rear wheel horesepowr was gained by adding an intake, exhaust, penum spacer, etc...each by itself or any combination of these things.

This would really be of help and much appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 10-22-2007, 03:55 PM
Premier Member

LOL!!! Telling OCG that he has no basis is down right wrong. He has been one of the most informed people on this forum. I suggest you listen to what he is telling you or just leave. I assume you use to have a Maxima. You maybe part of the Nissan community, but the Max is not a G/Z. I use to own 4 Maximas.

Originally Posted by sloppymax
10-4 i will search under your username for dynos. if i dont see them posted then i will be highly dissapointed that you still no basis for your claims. if i do find them then i will gladly concede my disagreement. btw, i am pretty involved in the nissan community. i dont spend much time on the computer as denoted by my post count. i will probably have to search but im just curious where you are running in the quarter? i would go ahead assume if you do answer that we are talking full trim, street tires, etc.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by OCG35
It would take me as long to find all the data as it would you (I’ve accumulated my facts from months and years of learning different things from knowledgeable people, lots of events and boatloads of research out here – I can’t just whip everything up in one swift post)... and since I don’ t need it but you do, I am suggesting you to look for it - that's all. I'm not upset though.

It's funny how so often a handful of naysayers go on and on about "prove it" but they won’t do the research. I have an idea. How about you (or the couple of others that constantly say mods don't work) prove they don’t work.
You know whats interesting, the nay sayers seem to come from the Maxima crowd.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:11 PM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
You're supposed to research on your own and find the dyno sheets that someone already posted.
^+1 like everyone has said 100x.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by G35_TX
You know whats interesting, the nay sayers seem to come from the Maxima crowd.
yep, I noticed that too

Old 10-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I was being somewhat sarcastic Russitcle. You're the other guy that would argue for days on end vs digging around your own very posts. Even at the risk of actually taking less time, being more informative or proving the other guy wrong. To ME, that doesn't make alot of sense. I usually try to save a portion of my own posts so they can be pulled up later when someone asks. Especially if they contain valuable info.

On maxima.org, important/informative posts are sticked and organized. Here, picture and video threads are deemed more important.

Originally Posted by G35_TX
^+1 like everyone has said 100x.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
opcorn:

Old 10-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Suggestion to anyone reading this thread... re-read the original post. That post has been responded to and answered and the OP seems content with the info given... why do the same 2 or 3 negatrons always find their way into these subjects? And why are you perpetuating something that doesn’t have any regard to the OP???

If this information is so important to you - why don't you start a thread and ask away... Why do you 2-3 (and you know who you are, so does everyone else) look for threads to butt into and cause trouble?

Now - all you nay-sayers.... YOU prove to ME that these mods don't work. Sounds pretty f-ing stupid doesn’t it… Now you know how we feel…

Vlad, share that popcorn bro... all the crapolla "theories" are gonna start posting...

Old 10-22-2007, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I was being somewhat sarcastic Russitcle. You're the other guy that would argue for days on end vs digging around your own very posts. Even at the risk of actually taking less time, being more informative or proving the other guy wrong. To ME, that doesn't make alot of sense. I usually try to save a portion of my own posts so they can be pulled up later when someone asks. Especially if they contain valuable info.

On maxima.org, important/informative posts are sticked and organized. Here, picture and video threads are deemed more important.
wow!!! maxima.org sounds great!!!! way better than here... why are you here not there?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What hp gain from Stillen G2 exhaust + Ztube + hiflow intake