Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

High Idle After Cleaning?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same problem, if the throttlebody was broken from moving the butterfly then the car shouldnt hold an idle and stall out ?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Not necessarily. It depends on how far off the calibration is.

Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey guys - I had this exact problem. I think I figured out why some have problems cleaning their butterfly valves and others don't. Tony is bang on, it depends on how far out of calibration the butterfly sensor is. If it is too far out, then the pedal reset procedure doesn't work. You need to either use an autoenginuity, or a Cypher to initate a Master Settings Reset I think it is called. Once you do that, you can do the Idle air volume learn, and the butterfly throttle open procedures.

This is what happened to me - I cleaned my butterfly valve and immediately was getting a high idle and throwing a P0507 code. I assumed the valve was toast but when I did the throttle position reset, it worked great until I shut the car off and restarted it, then it seemed to loose it's settings. I went to the dealer, they did the master reset, the IAVL and the thottle position reset and it has worked great ever since.

They charged me a half and hour labour so I was only out $50 bucks. Anyone with a Cypher or autoenginuity can initiate this themselves without going to the dealer.

Old 07-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
another thing to consider... for those that clean without removing the TB - make sure to disconnect/unplug the throttle control actuator... also during a reset the FSM states it should be unplugged when performing the procedure...

Having these plugged in could be why some people didn’t find resolution...

Old 10-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go to autozone or any other shop.. they got the scanner and clear the codes for free or small bill....its very simple thing..going to dealer and get it reset is waste of money IMO...disconnect the battery and let it sit there over night will reset the whole computer... i might be wrong someone correct me if im wrong...

Old 12-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
throttle

easy way tp clean the throttle body//////
have someone in the car, turn ign to th on position(engine off duh)
have the driver put the car in drive or 1st gear/ depress the accelerato and the buurtfly valve will open.. now the person outside of the car can clean th carbon build up around the inside of th tb//// just dont touch the butterfly//
/

Old 04-20-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cutiewolf
go to autozone or any other shop.. they got the scanner and clear the codes for free or small bill....its very simple thing..going to dealer and get it reset is waste of money IMO...disconnect the battery and let it sit there over night will reset the whole computer... i might be wrong someone correct me if im wrong...
You can easily clear the codes yourself, thats not a problem. I tried disconnecting the battery and it didn't seem to work for me... pumped the brakes and everything. Here's how you clear the code.

1. Confirm that accelerator pedal is fully released, turn ignition switch “ON” and wait 3 seconds.
2. Repeat the following steps (2a and 2b) procedures quickly five times within 5 seconds.
2a. Fully depress the accelerator pedal (HARD).
2b. Fully release the accelerator pedal.
3. Wait 7 seconds, fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for approx. 10 seconds until the CEL starts blinking.
4. Fully release the accelerator pedal (while the CEL is still blinking)
5. Wait about 10 second.
6. Fully depress the accelerator pedal and keep it for more than 10 seconds.
7. Fully release the accelerator pedal (The CEL light will continue to blink).
8. Turn ignition switch to “OFF” position and now you can start the car. The CEL light should be gone.
If the CEL light continues to remain ON, repeat the above steps. Timing is EXTREMELY critical to resetting the ECU.