Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

surge performance chip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a waste of money.

If you want real power gains, go ahead and get an authentic NISMO oil cap. This is GUARANTEED to add about 30 HP at the rear wheels. Also, pin striping is another easy way to get additional HP for low cost.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I hope there is a day when people stop falling for this "chip" bs so makers will finally stop putting out these bs devices. Then we would be spared these threads. Let us Pray

Old 11-30-2009, 05:58 PM
^ Uninformed people will always be buying these chips so i would get the hopes up

Old 11-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Almost as bad as those who buy those "radar jammers" that they sell thinking they actually work.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Why? WHY? WHHHHHHHHHYYYYY???

how many times is someone going to post something like this??

Old 12-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no its not sarcasim lol it really works allthough now a week later after every drive when i get out of the car i smell maybe oil burning? i dont know what it is but i dont think its good. i might have the chip set low in order to save gas and its probably too low so its not the right mixture of gas and air.

Next step is to get a new intake =]
Then toughen up the engine =]
Then possibly Twin Turbo System =]

My goal: 900 HP =]

Old 12-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Your chip is probably making the a/f ratio so bad it's washing down the cyliners and effing up the cat.

wow, what a great mod.

Old 12-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ and since he cut 2 MAF sensor wires he cant go back to stock...

I still don't believe the cutting wires part... there are people that have fubar'd wire tuck by cutting the MAF wires ~ it's pretty common knowledge these days that's a big no-no.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
why is cutting the wires causing MAF failure? that doesn't make any sense, unless the battery is connected still.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by ch1215g
no its not sarcasim lol it really works allthough now a week later after every drive when i get out of the car i smell maybe oil burning? i dont know what it is but i dont think its good. i might have the chip set low in order to save gas and its probably too low so its not the right mixture of gas and air.

Next step is to get a new intake =]
Then toughen up the engine =]
Then possibly Twin Turbo System =]

My goal: 900 HP =]
let me get this straight...you do a stealthy "superchip" mod to trick the computer to no do what it was designed to do. Now, you are suddenly smelling oil burning after driving. Sign me up, I want to do this!!! I can't wait to burn oil and override the expensive cost put into design my nissan engineers.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
this thread makes my head hurt.

unsubscribed.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Putting the wires back after cutting them is actually very easy so i can go back to stock with no problems the chip came with plugs i would call them i guess and one side is male and the other female so when the chip isnt installed i can plug the wires together and it works again so thats probably when im going to do. im going to bring the car to a shop next week and ill make them check everything with the chip and they can change the computer to fine tune it to the chip and see if i get increased hp safely i think it will work but who knows. maybe ill be in the market of buying a new g35 engine lmao

Old 12-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
why is cutting the wires causing MAF failure? that doesn't make any sense, unless the battery is connected still.
Originally Posted by ch1215g
Putting the wires back after cutting them is actually very easy so i can go back to stock with no problems the chip came with plugs i would call them i guess and one side is male and the other female so when the chip isnt installed i can plug the wires together and it works again so thats probably when im going to do. im going to bring the car to a shop next week and ill make them check everything with the chip and they can change the computer to fine tune it to the chip and see if i get increased hp safely i think it will work but who knows. maybe ill be in the market of buying a new g35 engine lmao
every report I've heard about maf wires being cut during wire tuck have resulted in problems... its a fatal flaw.

But as usual on forums like this one - there will be some people that learn from others mistakes - and there will be people that challenge them (and end up regretting it).

I study, listen, and learn. You guys can do what you want.

BTW - here's one of many reports:

https://g35driver.com/forums/4644692-post16.html

I've also had very knowledgeable people tell me in person that it will cause problems without a doubt.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
i've read that happening to many people as well...but i dont see how cutting a wire should be an issue as long as you disconnect the battery while doing the work on it.

Just wondering if you'd heard why it was any different than cutting any other wire.

I cut my whole ECU harness to wire up my greddy emanage, i'm sure lots of those wires are picky as well, just gotta make sure the battery is not connected.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
i've read that happening to many people as well...but i dont see how cutting a wire should be an issue as long as you disconnect the battery while doing the work on it.

Just wondering if you'd heard why it was any different than cutting any other wire.

I cut my whole ECU harness to wire up my greddy emanage, i'm sure lots of those wires are picky as well, just gotta make sure the battery is not connected.
sensor wires... did you read the link I posted? > "By shortening or lengthening sensor wires, you will mess up the frequency or resistance going through them, thus messing up the signal, thus throughing your car into safe mode"

I've heard several incidents where serious issues resulted from cutting MAF sensor wires...

How about you go out, disconnect your battery and cut a couple wires to the MAF sensor - then do whatever you think will work (solder, crimp, tape, whatever) and let us know how things turned out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: surge performance chip?