Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

surge performance chip?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
+1

I believe that there have also been as many as 5 or 6 revisions of the MAF sensor between G35 and 350Z

Old 12-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Yes hot wire type. Usually sends a voltage of 0-5(or similar) to the ecu.
EXACTLY! which is why it is not so "cut & dry" (pun intended) as some people think.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:13 PM
I wasn't asking for a wire tuck DIY... I was simply asking for a DIY vid of MAF wires being cut... you can lengthen, shorten, or leave the same length - doesn't matter... just show your method of cutting/reconnecting and having the car run proper.

Wire tuckies can use that and do their own thing with it.

Until someone does that - there is no point in going on and on about "it works because I say so".

Old 12-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by homieg35
jesus christ. Don't back track. Just cut the ****ing wires and see what happens! Figure it out on your own.
+1...

Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by liche
Anyone know what type of MAF sensor the G35 uses? I believe its a hot wire type sensor (as opposed to vortex type, or vane type) -

In that case, its just basically two heated wires with thermistors (in wein-bridge configuration) which output a DC voltage depending on amount of air flow. Nothing magic there.
WTF???????? You said you've removed it millions of times - and you don't know whether its hot wire, vortex or vane?????

Geezus, even I knew and I'm not the "Expert".

Old 12-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I wasn't asking for a wire tuck DIY... I was simply asking for a DIY vid of MAF wires being cut... you can lengthen, shorten, or leave the same length - doesn't matter... just show your method of cutting/reconnecting and having the car run proper.

Wire tuckies can use that and do their own thing with it.

Until someone does that - there is no point in going on and on about "it works because I say so".
That is such an absurd statement. I was really considering working with you getting a DIY for a MAF wire tuck and you have to come back with this response. You already agreed with me that you yourself has disconnected the MAF wiring harness connector many times with no issues. I just can't fathom why you somehow think that is different than cutting wires and reconnecting them. There is NO difference electrically.

And as I said before, you make the false assumption that the reason the car doesn't work is because the wires were cut, when in all liklihood it is because of either A) a bad connection, or B) improper routing of the sensor wires - with improper routing being more plausible.

But of course, you have some crazy belief that connectors are magical and when you disconnect them, they somehow don't obey the law of physics and an electrical connection is still made. Thats real brilliant thinking.

WTF???????? You said you've removed it millions of times - and you don't know whether its hot wire, vortex or vane?????
Okay, first of all S_for_Bs, stop misquoting me. And second of all, disconnecting the MAF sensor doesn't require to actually remove the MAF sensor. You're just disconnecting the MAF harness connection in the MAF intake tube assembly.

You obviously want to act like an *** in these discussions and hear only what you want to hear. So if you want to keep believing in blatantly false claims made about the MAF sensor by people named "BikiniLust" or other mystery people which you purposely don't name (thats convenient, isn't it?), then go ahead.

No sense in arguing with you anymore.
I'm done with this thread for good - go figure it out yourself.

I'm sure everyone else here will agree that simply making a DIY that involves cutting a wire or two and then splicing them back together is about as asinine as it gets. Other than showing one "how to cut a wire" and "how to reconnect a wire", it proves absolutely nothing otherwise.

Get a clue!

Last edited by liche; 12-04-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:14 PM
^^^ blah, blah, phucking blah.

I read two sentences and realized you are pointless.

I NEVER asked you for a wire tuck DIY - dumb @ss... I made it real simple - post a DIY/vid of how you "cut maf sensor wires and reconnect and have your car run without issues". According to your on and on posts, that should be a piece of cake. Why cant you do it?

As it pertains to the sensor itself - are you seriously trying to tell me that you have unplugged the sensor, removed the induction tube and maf housing and NEVER looked at the gawd damn sensor????? I thought you were an expert - how stupid is it that you profess to be an expert and you don't even know what kind of sensor we are talking about... Hell, most of us have cleaned the damn thing at least a dozen times... and many of us have removed it all together several times. You are a horrible "expert"

You can type all the garbage you want (I don't read half of it)... but until you show that you can cut wires to maf sensor then reconnect and not have your ECU through a fit - then I don't give a **** what you have to say or how munch you don't like me.

Last edited by OCG35; 12-04-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:00 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I'd still be interested in that DIY, if you get the time

Old 12-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Was there ever a clarification of how these guys were actually screwing up their maf wires? IMHO the only consideration is the quality of the ground and the resistance of the 0-5v wire before/after.

FYI. The maxima crowd has been successfully relocating the maf sensors in order to place it in a better position (for their SC applications) for years. That obviously entailed lengthing the wires.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I think it was just the few people that did it and screwed it up by location/bad connections.

Old 12-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead of going turbo, just get a supercharger, and your car will be complete.

1,000 hp guaranteed.

(BTW, that pic is from the same site you got your chip from)

Old 12-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
I'd still be interested in that DIY, if you get the time
PM RRYDE - he's done many... I'm sure he will give you some pointers.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:13 PM
I wonder if liche ever cut his MAF sensor wires... seriously, why wouldn't he since he is so positive that it can be done?

I figure either he did and his car is phucked so he wont post about it... or he is afraid to because he knows he was full of **** when going on and on about it being okay to do.

It's totally irresponsible to post multiple times that something is okay to do (when many people know its not) - and then not posting results from his attempt.

Old 01-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I contacted the manufacturer of one performance chip maker last year (unable to recall which one now) and they stated that the chips had been slightly effective for trucks, Hummers and larger SUV's "to some extent." The tech suggested that the chips had been mildly effective with vehicles not known for efficiency.

When asked specifically about the Infinti G or M, the technician stated that they had "fried some engines" and thus concluded that higher performance engines were not good candidates. The performance chip market may have made some advances since then; however, this conversation alone was enough to discourage me from pursuing this line again.

The tech did not recommend it for the G or M and strongly believed it would not only not work, but that it could cause some damage to the electronics and possibly the engine.

Old 01-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Why would anyone cut their maf wires just to prove a point?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: surge performance chip?