Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Jim Wolf S2 Cams Installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
wheres dave b's dyno support for hr y pipe, 06 rev air box?

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Dave B requires proof before trying and then advocating something. But when he does, he will post pics, dyno and/or track times to back up what he supports.

Some here have all the mods in the world but no dyno support. Not to say what they recommend is false/true, just that there could be better supporting data.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I wasn't aware that he was required to do so. I did say and/or track times. But in this case, I don't think he's had the chance to do this for these two mods. They are pretty small ones anyway.

BTW. Where are the dynos for all guys flaming Dave?

Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drmadness
yea thts true, im getting obsessed with every NA power mod lol. i need to stop. i might do a before and after with the spacer
definitely do! but be prepared for the yahoos that havent to throw their blah, blah bs.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:48 PM
there isn’t one and never will be... DaveB hasn’t even dyno'd his car that I'm aware of... I don’t know what Jeff is talking about by saying he supports his mods with dyno charts.

The fact is, many of us have boatloads of documentation and other members have witnessed results whether at the track or dyno - don’t let the guys in the small towns without resources discourage you - they have nothing better to do.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:49 PM
I wasn't aware that he was required to do so. I did say and/or track times. But in this case, I don't think he's had the chance to do this for these two mods. They are pretty small ones anyway.

BTW. Where are the dynos for all guys flaming Dave?
search - I've posted many dynos over the years.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Red Card Crew

Originally Posted by OCG35
search - I've posted many dynos over the years.
Let's not go over this yet again. I think I've actually done this. I couldn't find more than one.

I'm not trying to start an argument but you couldn't even find your own. How is anyone else going to find yours?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
Red Card Crew

there isn’t one and never will be... DaveB hasn’t even dyno'd his car that I'm aware of... I don’t know what Jeff is talking about by saying he supports his mods with dyno charts.

The fact is, many of us have boatloads of documentation and other members have witnessed results whether at the track or dyno - don’t let the guys in the small towns without resources discourage you - they have nothing better to do.
Dave has documented his 1/4 experiences quite well yes?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Let's not go over this yet again. I think I've actually done this. I couldn't find more than one.

I'm not trying to start an argument but you couldn't even find your own. How is anyone else going to find yours?
Jeff - I've been a member since late 04... I've posted at least 4 dynos or more over the years... I'm not interested in dyno racing on the forums so I'm not going to go out of my way to pull up old dynos... my most recent is in the cam and header threads I did here and on my350Z

I'm not interested in these debated you and DaveB love so much... my car has proven itself multitudes of times but I have no interest in catering to you.

If I had a desire to make a point based on dynos, I'd post from photobucket or download from my hard drive - I wouldn’t need to go find old threads.

My point here is that I have posted dynos in the past - whether you have ever seem them or can find them - isn’t a concern to me. If you want to continue to create drama - make it worth my effort and time to dig up old posts and put an end to the nonsense - This always leads to the same futile bs with you and Dave - it’s quite appalling.

You guys were in the shadows for a long time... did you get bored and decide to stir **** up again?

Old 02-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Dave has documented his 1/4 experiences quite well yes?
documenting what? ETs?... madness asked about a specific mod. I dont remember ever seeing definative 1/4 mile tests documenting any particular mods.

Jeff, just drop this. Its sooo pointless...

Old 02-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Red Card Crew

Ah, it's you that brought this all up again Mike. Not us. I wasn't in the shadows any more than you were. I was happy to let it all lie until I saw the 2ND crack you made at Dave and company.

Again, if you are unwilling to document your dynos, how do you expect anyone else to? The last time I specifcally asked you to find them, you couldn't.

Do you do good mods? Yeah sure. Does Dave? Yup. The difference is Dave will offer his OPINION on a mod if he doesn't have something else to back it up. And clearly states it. If he has 1/4 and et data from a mod, he POSTS in right in his review or will refer it in passing.

You just tell people to search. Regardless of your mods (and if I agree with them-as I usually do), the way you illustrate how effective a mod is/isn't is poor.

If you think the discussion is pointless, refrain from replying. It's what I've done when I've not agreed with your point(at least until I felt there were cracks directed at Dave and I).

I don't know what your point of contention is here, you admit to not being able to pull up your references. Unless we are all supposed to rely on your opinion?

I've gone out of my way to answer your questions regarding brakes and other questions. I make a point to post informative information (however small) and list a point of reference for the board to see. I've buried the hatchet. Why don't you?

Old 02-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts

You are right. I've never dynoed my car and really don't have much intention to do so. What's the point when so many dynos are available and I can get a firm idea of what the gains are with the single power mod I have? If I do choose to dyno, I can dyno at one of ten performance shops in this small 2.5 million person town known as Kansas City

Like Jeff pointed out, I test my car at the strip because that's where it matters to me. I've learned over the years that the strip is just as a reliable, if not better, tuning tool assuming you understand DA and run at the same strip. I also datalog my car.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I've never once claimed those mods gained any power. What they do, and it's quite obvious once you experience it, is they greatly sharpen the responsiveness of the VQ, make it sound better, and simply make it more enjoyable to drive. That's far more important to me than power.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:21 PM
I've buried the hatchet. Why don't you?
I've buried the hatchet as well Jeff - and had no intention to squabble with you... Dave made a couple comments in a couple threads that triggered me - you came to his defense... I respond in kind.

If the "hatchet is buried" then drop it - I will too.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by DaveB
I've never once claimed those mods gained any power. What they do, and it's quite obvious once you experience it, is they greatly sharpen the responsiveness of the VQ, make it sound better, and simply make it more enjoyable to drive. That's far more important to me than power.
yet, you insist a certain mod you've never tried doesnt work

Old 02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
Red Card Crew

yet, you insist a certain mod you've never tried doesnt work
You know, why would he think otherwise? I guess you and Dave still have a beef

(point being dynos, 1/4 times, or even a good opinion piece would be nice at a conversation junction such as that but I digress)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jim Wolf S2 Cams Installed