Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

boost or all motor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the info. i just love the power of a car thats all motor, but ill be damned if i invest alot of money for an all motor engine and get smoked by someone who just spend 5K on a turbo. im leaning towards buying the stage 1 short block from gtmotorsport with low compresion and down the road buying a turbo for the car, or supercharger. Can i run that block for now with stock heads or do i need to change other parts prior to swaping the block?

Old 02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by infinity1
thanks for all the info. i just love the power of a car thats all motor, but ill be damned if i invest alot of money for an all motor engine and get smoked by someone who just spend 5K on a turbo. im leaning towards buying the stage 1 short block from gtmotorsport with low compresion and down the road buying a turbo for the car, or supercharger. Can i run that block for now with stock heads or do i need to change other parts prior to swaping the block?
get the stage 1 longblock so when you go boost your covered both heads and bottom end

and as a DD i belive it will be bulit proof just remember that you spent that money on it so you HAVE to go boost so that you get your moneys worth if not youll end up 5 yrs later with a built engine and still no boost

Old 02-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Canada, eh?

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by eljoker
get the stage 1 longblock so when you go boost your covered both heads and bottom end

and as a DD i belive it will be bulit proof just remember that you spent that money on it so you HAVE to go boost so that you get your moneys worth if not youll end up 5 yrs later with a built engine and still no boost
Yea you don't want to buy a built low compression motor with no boost and get smoked by a stock G

Old 02-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Canadian
Yea you don't want to buy a built low compression motor with no boost and get smoked by a stock G
anit that the truth

Old 02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
i know i would have to boost sooner than later, but i need my car back and since i need a block why not start by getting something thats going to be able to handle the power. it sucks knowing that my car will be slower for a while, but i need to start somewhere. so its o.k to run a built block with stock heads? thats why i wanted n.a motor so i would not be pressured to boost the car so fast. with a n.a motor little by little i would be able to buy parts and not sacrifice having a g thats slower than a stock g.

Old 02-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by infinity1
i know i would have to boost sooner than later, but i need my car back and since i need a block why not start by getting something thats going to be able to handle the power. it sucks knowing that my car will be slower for a while, but i need to start somewhere. so its o.k to run a built block with stock heads? thats why i wanted n.a motor so i would not be pressured to boost the car so fast. with a n.a motor little by little i would be able to buy parts and not sacrifice having a g thats slower than a stock g.
for 500hp sotck heads arent gonna cut it i belive

Old 02-04-2009, 06:42 PM
i do understand that stock heads are not going to cut it when we are talking 500hp, but im thinking that once i do the block i will start working on getting the heads ready and boost. i just want to make sure that i can still drive the car with no issues with a worked block and stock heads.