Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

G35 Top Speed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 G35 coupe 6MT
Holy Cannoli!

Originally Posted by cleric670
Kumho is the brand, Ecsta is their performance tire line, then there are the different specific tires, they all use a code like PA## (P for Passenger, A is for all-season), PS## (S is for summer), V### (V is the highest performance summer tires they make) The number is a way to designate between different tires within the same series and typically the higher number is the better tire.

They are offered with a variety of different speed ratings, the G35 should be equipped with Y rated summer tires according to the door sticker which are good for 186mph, however the vehicle isn't even capable of this top speed so my all-seasons are rated W which is good for 168mph, even a V or Z rated tire would be fine since they are rated 149mph.

The number before the speed rating is the LOAD rating of the tire.

Double check before purchasing but I think all the Ecsta tires are W or Y rated, sometimes manufacturers use a lower rating on 15" tires since you start getting quite a bit of deflection with that size on a taller tire but the G35 is all 17, 18, 19" so they should all be either W or Y.

I used the PA51 last winter and just swapped back to a summer set of PS91, daily driver stuff not track use. Track use for autoX just save up and get some Michelin Cup tires, you won't regret it. Straight line track you need a dedicated straight line tire like the MT ET Street or something along those lines, I wouldn't recommend anything grippier unless you have upgraded the rear axles to at LEAST the stock 370Z axles.

Here's a shot of the door sticker for the '06 6MT.

Thank you so much!! I'm screenshotting your description for reference later. 📷
​​​​​​

Old 05-10-2021, 11:20 PM
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by TallTom09
Is there a relatively safe way to gear it out? Maybe a track with a long straight somewhere??
Possibly, but I'm back stateside with my G now and it stays garaged most of the time. Since being back I don't get much joy driving in the US at all. The drivers here don't know how to drive properly and don't understand what its like to drive at high speeds effectively. I was in Europe almost 16 years straight and nothing can replace the driving experience I had while I was there.

The following users liked this post:
TallTom09 (05-10-2021)
Old 05-10-2021, 11:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2006 G35 coupe 6MT
Jellyfish

Originally Posted by Hiro
Possibly, but I'm back stateside with my G now and it stays garaged most of the time. Since being back I don't get much joy driving in the US at all. The drivers here don't know how to drive properly and don't understand what its like to drive at high speeds effectively. I was in Europe almost 16 years straight and nothing can replace the driving experience I had while I was there.
So jelly