Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Throttle Body Spacer or Vortec Cyclone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
If Tony flat out says they don't make power and has questioned why he thinks other dynos show they make power, then yes, he would be questioning anyone that has dyno'd the tbs in that manner. Not rocket science here. But thanks for unsuccessfully trying to descredit my information here. It is valid and it does stand. Have a great day.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
then why the hell have you responded to every post? (starting with the very first one)...

put your big boy pants on and stop the whining.
How did I know you'd be so childish as to make a post like that? What are you, like 5 years old? Grow up.

I'm only responding so noobs coming in here know you're full of sh*t too.

have you done before and after with headers?... with cams they make gains - but I've already stated (with dyno's) that it isn't worth the cost... the difference between my findings and yours is = you get info off forums - I conclude them from trial and error.
BTW... in case you forgot

Coincidentally, nothing you posted above about the G could have been determined from working on other cars either - so where do you get all that "knowledge"
A lift, tools, a Mustang dyno, lots of parts, and more than a little understanding of how these parts work. And lots of time in the twisties and a lot of ***** and not too much sense when I was young because, well... you gotta really drive the car to know if it's improved or not. Having friends that build cars, tune, and teach helped too of course.

Last edited by dofu; 04-14-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
If Tony flat out says they don't make power and has questioned why he thinks other dynos show they make power, then yes, he would be questioning anyone that has dyno'd the tbs in that manner. Not rocket science here. But thanks for unsuccessfully trying to descredit my information here. It is valid and it does stand. Have a great day.
nice attempt to justify a misrepresentation... Tony has never questioned other dynos... they were all done on Shawn's machine...

Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by dofu
How did I know you'd be so childish as to make a post like that? What are you, like 5 years old? Grow up. I'm just doing this so noobs coming in here know you're full of sh*t too.

BTW... in case you forgot
what does that have to do with you saying you dont care what anyone thinks?...

If you dont care - why do you keep responding?

run and get those big boy pants... whiner.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Red Card Crew

Tony questioned the METHOD. You know this. So if any dyno shop performing a dyno for the tbs using this method, then according to Tony, the results would be suspect. You have read this already.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
what does that have to do with you saying you dont care what anyone thinks?...

If you dont care - why do you keep responding?

run and get those big boy pants... whiner.
My bad.. I had no idea who I was messing with...

Name:  e-thug_-_cause_talking_ish_in_perso.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  28.2 KB

Mike, quit getting all OCG35 up in this thread... it gets us nowhere.

Last edited by dofu; 04-14-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods

Same ****, different day!!

Old 04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Tony questioned the METHOD. You know this. So if any dyno shop performing a dyno for the tbs using this method, then according to Tony, the results would be suspect. You have read this already.
not only have I not read this - if "the METHOD" was invalid, then so was his plenum spacer dyno results - because "the METHOD" was exactly the same at the exact same place with the exact same people...

why are you making **** up now?

Old 04-14-2010, 02:18 PM
My bad.. I had no idea who I was messing with...

Mike, quit getting all OCG35 up in this thread... it gets us nowhere.
classic... coming from the same guy the wrote this:
How did I know you'd be so childish as to make a post like that? What are you, like 5 years old? Grow up.
you're all over the place...

BTW - are you suggesting I wouldn't tell you the same thing in person?... If so you are wrong.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:41 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
SMH .. why doesnt someone delete all the B.S. and help the OP .with his question .. GEEEZZZZ ...

ultimately everyones opinion is going to be a lil different .. so OP .. go with what you decide not what anyone tells you ..

Old 04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Red Card Crew

Bottom line is Tony thought they don't make any hp at all. For reasons he's explained in detail more than once. Anyone is welcomed to dispute his claims in the threads he discusses it in. I'm not making the statements by Tony up.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by IMA-G-RIDER
SMH .. why doesnt someone delete all the B.S. and help the OP .with his question .. GEEEZZZZ ...

ultimately everyones opinion is going to be a lil different .. so OP .. go with what you decide not what anyone tells you ..
this is exactly what my first post was relaying...

but of course some people feel they need to tell OP what to get because they have all the "right" answers...

Old 04-14-2010, 03:34 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
what about pulleys? Don't they help out a bit?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Red Card Crew

https://g35driver.com/forums/2340501-post35.html

Quote:
Tony concluded that TBS aren’t worth is based on his version that he beta-tested.
Hydrazine
Hi Mike,

I was certaint of it based on my own design testing, but after testing yours on your car, I was convinced they don't work at all.

Remember, after we uninstalled yours, your car dynod exactly the same on all parts of the curve
Quote:
. However, when multiple dyno pulls on my car with an entirely different TBS was tested at his facility, there absolutely was gains! Tony feels it was the ECU playing tricks (to the tune of 10hp)
Hydrazine
And yes, I am sure it was the ECU. Even before testing, I explained ECU changes can happen. And they typically move upward after a few pulls on the dyno and reach a plateau.

If the TB spacer was making gains, your car would have lost power after it was removed. But it didn't.
Quote:

Quite honestly, I feel it has to do the TBS. I respect and value Tony as a professional and as a friend – but our conclusions are different. Furthermore, other dynos have shown gains as well and indeed some haven’t
Tony being suspect of the other dynos showing gains. Hmmm could he be referring to Church's dyno????
Hydrazine
For the ones that did show gains, I would give it a second thought if they were consistant in their magnitude and RPM. But they haven't.

Without strict testing controls, you could take a fleet of cars, dyno them all, and redyno them 30 minutes later and the vast majority of them will dyno higher the second time around. The ECU needs to be normalized for both sets of tests for the test to be valid.

I'm not bashing, taking sides or trying to rain on any parades. I'm just saying what I know from test experience.

And believe me. If there was any real HP to be made from a TB spacer, I would exploite its engineering to the max. ...But its just not there.

Tony
He's clearly questioning the methodology without compromising his own methods of dyno testing.

So no, I'm not making anything up Mike.

Old 04-14-2010, 04:32 PM
^^^ he wasn't addressing the Church dyno... he didn't even know what other dyno's were done - and at THAT time only Shawn had dyno'd the thing (which is what led my quest to find it and find out about it)... whih of course led me to go to Tony's shop to do the testing we did.

The dyno day testing was after all this and was with the EXACT SAME CONTROLLED TESTING that Tony uses... THE EXACT SAME MACHINE, PEOPLE and METHOD that did the Motordyne plenum spacer tests... Tony used Shawn's shop and the same controlled methods (DaveO enacted) for much of his R&D (even recently)... so why would it be different with the tbs (oh, just to suit your claims - I get it).

So yes, you are making things up.

As usual you study the internet take things out of context - report things inaccurately all the while not having any first hand knowledge of any of it.

Once again Jeff - you are wrong.

As for the various pro's and cons of the tbs itself - yes, yes, we all know the run around that that entire topic goes through... are you that bored that you want to go through it again??? Let me save you the time - just go read all the other threads about it. DUH

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Throttle Body Spacer or Vortec Cyclone