Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2010 | 08:04 PM
Just wow, now wonder this guy rolls around in his GTR. He sues everyone that bashes his company.

Old 04-13-2010 | 08:12 PM
Hold The Line
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Ryuusei
From what i'm reading there is a few sides to this story. Obviously some of the facts are on the table. I sense that not all of it is. Like Sharif says no company is perfect. Even GTM has had its past mistakes. As long as the companies stand by their workmanship and products thus they will correct the mistakes by taking partial hits on costs. As i can also see Sharif and Sam have chimed in on the situation to add more to the story. Something sounds really fishy on one end. Sam has posted more pics on G37driver showing proper install of the kit. Sharif has gotten an attorney to protect his company but it seems suing is involved. Though that isn't clarified unless i misread something the comments somewhere. At this point i can't comment till the rest of the facts or story is available on table.
Wow. They seemed like a reputable shop. As long as they are willing to correct the problem and uphold their shops reputation with the client and deliver what we pay the premium for... Customer service. Hopefully it doesn't get messy.

Old 04-13-2010 | 08:40 PM
wow. thats crazy.. well best of luck to both parties.

Old 04-13-2010 | 08:45 PM
G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by G35_FTMFW
Just wow, now wonder this guy rolls around in his GTR. He sues everyone that bashes his company.
thats just uncalled for

Old 04-14-2010 | 12:12 AM
whats uncalled for is when you sue someone like that

Old 04-14-2010 | 02:25 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Suing someone for posting their experience on a forum such as this is terrible business. I think we need to consider that GTM is severing ties with Forged Performance for a reason as well. They must know plenty about the situation and that has obviously lead them to discontinue the long-standing relationship with Forged.

Old 04-14-2010 | 01:03 PM
It is still unclear to me why it took this long to break ties with FP, this all happened a long time ago so why now? Is it because of suit being filed or are there other customers that came forward?

I have dealt with both so not taking sides here but like Sharif said people (companies) make mistakes but it is how you rectify them that shows how good a business you are.

Old 04-14-2010 | 02:25 PM
There's a lot more to the story. You would have to go to my350z and myG37 and read the threads there. But it's not based on just this one incident from what I can see.

Old 04-14-2010 | 08:38 PM
fgc moderator
1. it was a crap install. we can all agree on that. the employee has since been terminated.
2. obviously this should have been caught in a quality check but it wasnt. im sure all this drama will make sure sharif/forged make improvements on that.
3. as for the legal aspects, its come down to a he said/she said argument where it seems hard to really figure out what it going on.
4. apparently there are other stories against forged but ive still to see any proof.

its sad to see gtm and forged split like this but buiness is business. sharif and forged have been in the community for several years now and put out 100s of cars. its funny how many good cars they've done but now that 1 bad story pops up everyone is willing to bash them. as for all the other people who have had bad experiences, please step forward so we can get to the bottom of this. ive yet to see any proof of forged intentionally screwing over multiple customers but if that is the case, then history proves they wont be doing as well anymore.

Old 04-14-2010 | 10:51 PM
All true points bro. Hopefully this all gets worked out. There are not many reliable tuners out there that have put out the kind of work that Sharif and FP have. It would be a shame to lose a good shop that has done more good than bad in the G/Z community. But something like this should never happen. And if it does, it should be rectified right away before the car leaves the shop so that this kind of drama never happens.

Old 04-15-2010 | 11:31 PM
I actually heard of juang37's story in Lawrenceville from a DSM tuner. Weather or not it's true I don't know but I was told the car blew when it wasn't in the shop.

I have also heard of another G37 owner who had a tt kit installed a while ago at Forged and one of the installers cut every single connector off the main engine harness to take the motor out. Last I heard the car got shipped to GTM after Forged got new parts installed and still couldn't start the car and the installers were fired.

That's my .02 cents on Forged. For some reason experienced employees always leave and they are always getting new employees that don't know what they are doing.
Originally Posted by w0ady
4. apparently there are other stories against forged but ive still to see any proof.
Actually quite a few more locally in GA but it never makes it on any forums.

Old 04-16-2010 | 03:48 PM
Old 04-16-2010 | 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by jake_91306
Like I said. Exact reason most stories don't make it out on any forums.

When she first contacted Sharif, he did exactly what I had suspected: Sharif immediately threatened to file a frivolous lawsuit against me for this posting. Later after he himself hired an attorney, his attorney also made it clear to mine that Sharif would sue and that any hope of settling things would require my silence to protect his reputation.
Also on 4/13/2010, Sharif indicated to me that he would be more willing to settle things if I was to keep quiet on the forums, and even post something stating that we had come to an agreement so hopefully the posting would stop.

Old 04-16-2010 | 05:13 PM
Wow. This is turning into a truly fvcked up situation.

Old 04-17-2010 | 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by w0ady
1. it was a crap install. we can all agree on that. the employee has since been terminated.
What I want to know is how it was even allowed to go on because the install took more than just one day and nobody bothere to check the installers work over the course of the installation.

And the installers have to be complete imbeciles to chop up a car like that. Must have a documented history of mild retardation to continue to install parts that possibly did or didn't fit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!