Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2010 | 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
We all know that **** happens when you go FI. Whether there was detonation or not is not the biggest of the problems in these recent cases. Could Sharif prove that there was no detonation by posting the pics that other members have asked for? Yes. Is it going to make much of a difference at this point? Probably not. There are a lot more problems going on than just a blown block. I have been following the thread on my350z.com and some of the info coming (from long time and respected members of that forum) out is pretty damning against Sharif and FP. He has a lot of work to do to fix this mess. Unfortunately, some of the damage done to his reputation might be irreparable.
Spot on. 100% agree.

Old 04-21-2010 | 04:49 PM
Banned
We all know that **** happens when you go FI. Whether there was detonation or not is not the biggest of the problems in these recent cases. Could Sharif prove that there was no detonation by posting the pics that other members have asked for? Yes. Is it going to make much of a difference at this point? Probably not. There are a lot more problems going on than just a blown block. I have been following the thread on my350z.com and some of the info coming (from long time and respected members of that forum) out is pretty damning against Sharif and FP. He has a lot of work to do to fix this mess. Unfortunately, some of the damage done to his reputation might be irreparable.
U mind posting some of that info in here, since its related. Im curious as to what some of the older members of 350z have to say about all this.

Old 04-21-2010 | 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by deep in her Z
U mind posting some of that info in here, since its related. Im curious as to what some of the older members of 350z have to say about all this.
Honestly, it's better if you just go over there and read the thread for yourself. There is just WAY too much being said for me to pick and choose just a few things. The thread has now been locked because I guess it was getting a bit too personal between some of the members but it is still worth reading. Just make sure you have time because it is a lot to read.

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...-my-story.html

Old 04-21-2010 | 10:03 PM
Banned
Honestly, it's better if you just go over there and read the thread for yourself. There is just WAY too much being said for me to pick and choose just a few things. The thread has now been locked because I guess it was getting a bit too personal between some of the members but it is still worth reading. Just make sure you have time because it is a lot to read.

http://my350z.com/forum/forced-induc...-my-story.html
I read some of it and it was interesting to see some of the og's response's. I didnt realize that more people had been burned by FP in the past, but just didnt mention anything. It sucks when you spend 10,000$+ and get burned.

Old 04-21-2010 | 11:14 PM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
It is easy to tell that Forged did that install as well.... there are 3 bolts missing on your strut bar. Seems to be indicative of their work and attention to detail as of late.
i literally loled at this comment too, epic!

jay'z

Old 04-21-2010 | 11:16 PM
in all seriousness this is sad to see, seems like every year another shop bites the dust. I just cant get it thru my head why anyone would do such a hack job. that guy doug had every right to send his car to gtm w/ out letting sharif know, after seeing such carnage performed i would not want to send my car there either

Old 04-21-2010 | 11:33 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by escobar929

jay'z

fawkin hilarious!!

Old 04-21-2010 | 11:46 PM
in all seriousness this is sad to see, seems like every year another shop bites the dust. I just cant get it thru my head why anyone would do such a hack job. that guy doug had every right to send his car to gtm w/ out letting sharif know, after seeing such carnage performed i would not want to send my car there either
Agreed. After hearing so many good things about Sharif and FP through the years and seeing so many amazing builds done by FP, it really is sad to see. But as many have already said, sometimes getting too big is not always a good thing. Attention to detail and workmanship starts to suffer when you try to take on too much work and get as many cars out as fast as possible. That results in a build being "good enough" instead of doing it right just to get it out of the shop and move on to the next car.

Old 04-22-2010 | 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Glex25
Shariff had install a New Style APS TT Tuner kit before anyone found out they had cheapen it by including chinese made turbos (Instead of Garrett's) and were no where near as powerful as the previous older APS tuner kit. If you going to bring some thing up like that at least get your facts straight first.
False. From what I remember the install was done more than a year after the kit changed. There were many threads discussing APS's new turbos long before Jay'Z twin turbo install was at least posted on my350z.

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 04-22-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-22-2010 | 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
False. From what I remember the install was done more than a year after the kit changed. There were many threads discussing APS's new turbos long before Jay'Z twin turbo install was at least posted on my350z.
You didn't even know it yourself. Weren't you posting as Lawy'd4u or something along those lines in that same shop thread? You claimed the APS turbos were far superior to the Greddy 20Gs that replaced it! You can thank Sharif for the education. LOL. He took the hit on the labor to take one kit off and put another one on. You are so full of it...

Last edited by rcdash; 04-22-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-22-2010 | 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
You didn't even know it yourself. Weren't you posting as Lawy'd4u or something along those lines in that same shop thread? You claimed the APS turbos were far superior to the Greddy 20Gs that replaced it! You can thank Sharif for the education. LOL. He took the hit on the labor to take one kit off and put another one on. You are so full of it...

Cmon Raj go easy on Lawchick

Old 04-27-2010 | 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by superchargedg

Old 04-27-2010 | 10:09 PM
Did you really make a screen name just to come here and swing from Forged nuts like all the other fan boys?
No.. I thought this site may have a lot more mature members.... Your obviously not 1 of them..

It is easy to tell that Forged did that install as well.... there are 3 bolts missing on your strut bar. Seems to be indicative of their work and attention to detail as of late.
There is 1 bolt missing Sir, it was from SGP stripping it out.. Not FP..

Originally Posted by djamps
You signed up originally and started stirring drama over in the NGC forum. Then I see you pop into other threads with useless comments just trying to sound cool and further stir up drama. Maybe you're a cool guy in person (if you ever tell us your identity), but your contribution to this forum is minimal at best.

LMAO!!!!!

Jay'Z was just permabanned 3 days ago over at my350z. In fact it was such a violent ban all his posts got deleted...awesome.
It wasnt a violent ban, perm ban means all ur **** gets deleted Sir. If you dont know the facts of both sides I suggest you dont comment like a little kid.

Sir, I went on that site because others were trying to bash me behind my back(shouldnt have cared) but I didnt want my pics up there.. I talked to the mods and they asked me to stop responding and it would die/ get deleted so I did..

You are trying to stir up drama and stir me up huh.. No thanks..

And didn't Sharif screw this up too? Didn't Sharif sell you the APS kit with the old turbo's long after everyone was aware that they were terrible. The Greddy kit is the second TT kit on your car, is it not?

So now that you are perma-banned on my350z, are you going to hang out here now?

Great eye!!!
You have no clue what your talking about..

This post made me LOL (literally).

Originally Posted by Glex25
Shariff had install a New Style APS TT Tuner kit before anyone found out they had cheapen it by including chinese made turbos (Instead of Garrett's) and were no where near as powerful as the previous older APS tuner kit. If you going to bring some thing up like that at least get your facts straight first.
Exactly... Sharif, paid for my APS to be removed and also ate about 4k in labor to get my car right..

I will swing from his nuts(Sharif/Forged Performance) if you guys wanna call it that.. I do not care.. You dont pay my bills nor are you in my Chain of Command..

jay'z
Cute..

Uh, noooo.. Do you have any idea what your talking about? Did those installs have a built engine? My internals? My exact supporting mods..

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Hey, they are going off on me here.. I am going to stay calm though.. I cant stand the fact of being banned on bs, so I wont let it happen ever again..

Last edited by Jay'Z; 04-27-2010 at 10:27 PM.
Old 04-27-2010 | 10:49 PM
Administrator
Maybe what you have is selective amnesia

The way I remember no one had installed the new APS TT Tuner kit on a built motor until it was install on Jay'Z car, all the others were on stock blocks that hid the deficiency of the new tuner kits.

Consider yourself schooled and hopefully you will research next time you open your mouth

Old 04-27-2010 | 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by deep in her Z
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FP!! and the work performed.
Exactly, and thank you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!