Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010 | 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Since your so persistent about bumping this thread and stirring up drama, lemme ask you a question.

Do you have FI on your G? No, STOCK, therefore I doubt you could understand FI or building any G TT......
I have owned 2 G35s, one with supercharger and one with nitrous set up. My G37 is far from stock as well (my signature is a joke) and have a supercharger coming for it as well. Plus I have been a member on here for over 6 years (prior screen name).

I care because I have been in the community for awhile and heavily modify my cars. Even if I didnt install FI my car it is still valuable information for people planning on going that route. Most people do research before handing over 20k to a shop.

Did you really make a screen name just to come here and swing from Forged nuts like all the other fan boys?

Old 04-20-2010 | 12:47 PM
They did this install too......

It is easy to tell that Forged did that install as well.... there are 3 bolts missing on your strut bar. Seems to be indicative of their work and attention to detail as of late.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 04-20-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2010 | 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by deep in her Z
How was I trolling? I simply responded to the pictures I saw.
You signed up originally and started stirring drama over in the NGC forum. Then I see you pop into other threads with useless comments just trying to sound cool and further stir up drama. Maybe you're a cool guy in person (if you ever tell us your identity), but your contribution to this forum is minimal at best.

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
It is easy to tell that Forged did that install as well.... there are 3 bolts missing on your strut bar. Seems to be indicative of their work and attention to detail as of late.
LMAO!!!!!

Jay'Z was just permabanned 3 days ago over at my350z. In fact it was such a violent ban all his posts got deleted...awesome.

Old 04-20-2010 | 02:44 PM
I have to say Jay Z's build looks great but your bound to get a few good builds when you do 100 a year so Sharif stated, unfortunately coming on here and posting about your own car is not going to take away from the fact that there is a serious issue with how the shop is run

Old 04-20-2010 | 03:17 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by djamps
You signed up originally and started stirring drama over in the NGC forum. Then I see you pop into other threads with useless comments just trying to sound cool and further stir up drama. Maybe you're a cool guy in person (if you ever tell us your identity), but your contribution to this forum is minimal at best.

LMAO!!!!!

Jay'Z was just permabanned 3 days ago over at my350z. In fact it was such a violent ban all his posts got deleted...awesome.
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH FP!! and the work performed.

Attached Thumbnails GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!-thread_direction.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010 | 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by G3LU5
My biggest issue with Forged saying the guys that did the shotty work were terminated means nothing.
Agree with this.

Originally Posted by G3LU5
Oh and it is very obvious that there was some type of detonation in the block, otherwise there is no way that the rods would of bent.
I don't agree with this, especially knowing Sharif's process for tuning - mechanical stress is much more likely. Those were stock rods running at 500 whp on Sharif's DD dyno. That's 550 rwhp on a Dynojet. While Sharif may have felt that was safe at the time, I don't think HR/VHR engines are being delivered at that power level any longer out of any shop. When you modify cars, you go into it knowing that the warranty is gone and you're taking a risk running at a power level beyond what was intended. Anything less than that is mismanaged expectations.

I agree with urban, hexxum, others - a big change is needed and Sharif will only get one chance at it.

Old 04-20-2010 | 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
I don't agree with this, especially knowing Sharif's process for tuning - mechanical stress is much more likely.
All I am going to say is that based on the pictures posted of the rods and underside of the engine, there's no way for any of us to know if detonation occurred or not.

If sharif wants to disprove detonation, he's going to have to deal with a couple problems with his argument..

1. Unless we see pics of the valves, cylinder heads, plugs, ect it's all speculation. To date, they have not been posted even when members asked for them and pointed this out.

2. The knock sensor wasn't hooked up. Oops...

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to see alot more before I believe that detonation was not occurring.

Old 04-20-2010 | 04:54 PM

And didn't Sharif screw this up too? Didn't Sharif sell you the APS kit with the old turbo's long after everyone was aware that they were terrible. The Greddy kit is the second TT kit on your car, is it not?

So now that you are perma-banned on my350z, are you going to hang out here now?

Great eye!!!

Last edited by SDGeneralCounsel; 04-20-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-20-2010 | 05:03 PM
This post made me LOL (literally).

Old 04-20-2010 | 07:38 PM
^ LOL seriously...

It's sad that these guys got their Brand New Cars beat up... I want to see some restitution.. IF not all forums should sticky these threads and suspend their vendor/sponsor titles. After all the community needs to back up these guys (being the victims) not forge

Old 04-20-2010 | 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by djamps
All I am going to say is that based on the pictures posted of the rods and underside of the engine, there's no way for any of us to know if detonation occurred or not.

If sharif wants to disprove detonation, he's going to have to deal with a couple problems with his argument..

1. Unless we see pics of the valves, cylinder heads, plugs, ect it's all speculation. To date, they have not been posted even when members asked for them and pointed this out.

2. The knock sensor wasn't hooked up. Oops...

Sorry guys but I'm going to have to see alot more before I believe that detonation was not occurring.
1. I agree it should be posted. That said, even if detonation occurs and the motor fails, is that the tuner's fault? What if it was a bad tank of gas or oil contamination in the chamber vs a timing screw up? There is usually no way to tell for certain what happened. What are your expectations when you reach past the 500 whp mark, especially on the stock motor?

2. Knock sensors are a last resort failsafe that no tuner should rely on for FI tuning. Sharif doesn't tune anywhere near the knock threshold. The fact is that torque usually drops as you advance timing upon onset of detonation or once you pass the MBT for the cylinder. Sharif would've backed off timing if this happened.

Not saying there wasn't detonation. Only that (imo) it's more likely that the rods just gave way. Nevertheless, you put a TT kit on a stock car and bend the rods and then get upset about it? Please.

The big problem in this case was that the customer somehow believed that his stock motor was perfectly safe at these power levels. This isn't the customer's fault per se. Sharif is the professional. He should've been very straightforward about the risks.

Old 04-21-2010 | 02:30 AM
1. The tune should be safe enough to handle bad gas. If it can't handle gas with slightly low octane, then it is pushing the edge, and is likely pinging (audibly undetectable)

2. Sharif has blown up lots of cars.

3. The VQ shouldn't be running that much power to begin with, but apparently Sharif was perfectly okay to tune it that way (Speculation: so when the engine goes, he can make more money).

Old 04-21-2010 | 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by mIKE
1. The tune should be safe enough to handle bad gas. If it can't handle gas with slightly low octane, then it is pushing the edge, and is likely pinging (audibly undetectable)

2. Sharif has blown up lots of cars.

3. The VQ shouldn't be running that much power to begin with, but apparently Sharif was perfectly okay to tune it that way (Speculation: so when the engine goes, he can make more money).
What are you doing on here with a 3000GT VR4?

But I agree pushing that much power is asking for trouble on a stock motor, even I was warned by my tuner not to go over a certain hp or else start planning for a rebuild.

Old 04-21-2010 | 08:12 AM
Administrator
Originally Posted by SDGeneralCounsel
And didn't Sharif screw this up too? Didn't Sharif sell you the APS kit with the old turbo's long after everyone was aware that they were terrible. The Greddy kit is the second TT kit on your car, is it not?

So now that you are perma-banned on my350z, are you going to hang out here now?

Great eye!!!
Shariff had install a New Style APS TT Tuner kit before anyone found out they had cheapen it by including chinese made turbos (Instead of Garrett's) and were no where near as powerful as the previous older APS tuner kit. If you going to bring some thing up like that at least get your facts straight first.

Old 04-21-2010 | 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by rcdash
1. I agree it should be posted. That said, even if detonation occurs and the motor fails, is that the tuner's fault? What if it was a bad tank of gas or oil contamination in the chamber vs a timing screw up? There is usually no way to tell for certain what happened. What are your expectations when you reach past the 500 whp mark, especially on the stock motor?

2. Knock sensors are a last resort failsafe that no tuner should rely on for FI tuning. Sharif doesn't tune anywhere near the knock threshold. The fact is that torque usually drops as you advance timing upon onset of detonation or once you pass the MBT for the cylinder. Sharif would've backed off timing if this happened.

Not saying there wasn't detonation. Only that (imo) it's more likely that the rods just gave way. Nevertheless, you put a TT kit on a stock car and bend the rods and then get upset about it? Please.

The big problem in this case was that the customer somehow believed that his stock motor was perfectly safe at these power levels. This isn't the customer's fault per se. Sharif is the professional. He should've been very straightforward about the risks.
We all know that **** happens when you go FI. Whether there was detonation or not is not the biggest of the problems in these recent cases. Could Sharif prove that there was no detonation by posting the pics that other members have asked for? Yes. Is it going to make much of a difference at this point? Probably not. There are a lot more problems going on than just a blown block. I have been following the thread on my350z.com and some of the info coming (from long time and respected members of that forum) out is pretty damning against Sharif and FP. He has a lot of work to do to fix this mess. Unfortunately, some of the damage done to his reputation might be irreparable.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTM Performance Engineering & Forged Performance - Parting ways...!?!