Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

the_coupe's NA engine build thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2011 | 09:42 PM
|
ah....yesss....ok

Old 02-22-2011 | 08:50 PM
|
so. still waiting. machine shop has all the bottom end stuff still getting balanced and he has my block with the caps and girdle waiting for the ok so i can rent out the tq plate. just waiting.....i hate waiting.

did i mention im an impatient person? lol i just wanna go there every day during lunch just to see when he'll be ready to bore my block out lol. this sucks.

either way, went to a local show this past sunday. couple pix.

and i was bored at work so i decided to put in this small circuitsports catch can that i had. yes its hollow inside so i plan on cuttin it and stuffing it with the copper scrubber things lol and welding it back up. used some honda hose stuff with reducers to 3/8 hose to the pcv/port. some pix.

Old 02-22-2011 | 08:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
^That's original but having the hoses running there kinda defeats the purpose of the wire tuck.

Old 02-22-2011 | 10:29 PM
|
yeah i know. its just a quick idea i had. it'll get changed up once i get the new motor in with the rest of the nest tucked. i have that can and the greddy one which i'll prolly just end up selling.

Old 02-22-2011 | 10:36 PM
When did u do a wiretuck??

Old 02-22-2011 | 10:41 PM
Ok Ok this thread has been going for a min. I nver seen it and you never said anything bout it.... Comin along tho... I'm impatient too bro, Ask Frank he'll tell ya.. lol

Old 02-23-2011 | 09:42 AM
Who is doing the machine work ? I didn't think there were any competent machine shops in the area for VQ work.

Don't know if your question was answered with BC2 cams. I had no lash clearence issues with my buddy's (CUX350z) TT swap using BC2 cams, I had issues with my BC3 cams because the valves were replaced also.

Old 02-24-2011 | 05:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
When did u do a wiretuck??
the other weekend lol. i posted up in the tuck thread about me extending half the wires.

and hotrod, i got kenny jackson at carquest on stone ave doin the machine work. hes been doin it for a hot minute and has built lawnmower motors to drag motors. hes not specific on VQs but im gonna be renting a tq plate for him to use when he bores my block out....unless you got one i can borrow
either way, he's doing the bottom end balancing, resurfacing my flywheel, boring the block and milling the water outlets for the HR mod. and cool deal on the cams, hopefully it wont need any adjustments.....but i'll have it all checked out when i get around to puttin the heads together.

stay tuned guys, im hopin within a week that the block will get done....stillllll waitinggggg

Old 02-26-2011 | 10:02 PM
|
so i was bored at work friday for a lil while so i decided to vac check the catch can. fail. those fittings for the oil level hose leaked. stoopid. so i changed those out with regular brass fittings and 5/16" vinyl hose. i cut the bottom off and stuffed some of those toughboy copper scrubber things with a piece of foam to add some baffling to the insides. as i was sealing all of the fittings with hondabond one of the hose fittings broke off of the threads like its made of aluminum foil, so i changed it out with a 3/8 hose fitting. now it holds vacuum. and i routed both hoses through one of the holes. looks a tad bit cleaner i suppose.

and ill check with the machine shop monday to see if he's gonna be ready to do my block this week. pray for me!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2011 | 05:29 AM
Coupe,

Making excellent progress.

Bruce@Carquest in Seneca did the headwork for me. He has 30+ years experience and thats all they do thier. Wasn't confident with machine shops in the area thats why I chose the Forged Performance short block.

I'm finishing up the engine bay smoothing and filling, should have it ready for paint end of the week.

We maybe done with our projects around the same time.

Need any help or suggestions on customizing hit me up. I assume you have removing/installing engine covered.

Old 02-28-2011 | 04:42 PM
|
yeah i had him do a couple DSM heads a few years back. im providing my guy the tq plate so im confident he can bore it out and give me the .030" p2w clearance i ask for. and yeah, i got all the labor covered.....the shop is my kingdom here at the dealer. lol awesome to hear yours is comin aroud and almost finished up tho!

Old 03-01-2011 | 05:06 AM
I assume you mean .003 P2W VS .030. I run .005 P2W because of the silicone free pistons. It sounds like a diesel until warmed after driving for 20 min.

Old 03-01-2011 | 09:05 PM
|
lol yeah .003" p2w clearance. imma run on the tighter side (NA) rather than a lil looser for the future boost plans. it'll be all good

Old 03-02-2011 | 10:59 PM
|
well i picked up my bottom and block from the machine shop today. got the bottom end externally balanced from the stillen pulley to the freshly resurfaced competition flywheel. got the block milled for the HR headgasket mod. he didnt bore it out cuz he was sayin somethin bout it bein another couple weeks to do that so i took it to another shop in the area. lynch's machine shop and race engines. dude is big on dirt/track race cars and has done import stuff but not a vq. hes got all the info he needs to have it done per CP's requirements. he's squeezin me in for next week so HOPEFULLY i can have the bottom end put together by next weekend finally!!! will have pix of some of the stuff tomorrow. just thought i'd update the thread tho!

Old 03-05-2011 | 10:22 PM
|
the block will be bored out mid week, so i cant wait to get the bottom end together!!!!! stay tuned guys, i know...im sorry for the delays! I hate it has to take this long! But im keepin my post on page 2 updated with all the prices and new parts!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the_coupe's NA engine build thread