Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

PLEASE help... Throttle, engine codes..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE help... Throttle, engine codes..

hey guys i have a issue that have been searching for and truthfully cannot find an answer. It is a strange problem that is some what hard to explain but i will do my best to give an accurate description. Here are the list of my mods and some engine codes I am having to help diagnosed the issue.

Completely built shortblock 8.8-1 compression.
Turbonetics turbo kit with upgraded turbo garret gt35
for fuel im runnin walboro 255lph and 380cc injectors (in know they are small)
EMS-Utech with map sensor running at 14lbs of boost

engine codes
p0011, p0021, p0084
Cam position actuator bank 1 & 2 timing over advance, random multiple misfire
replaced both intake cam sensors and it didnt help, also removed and cleaned both actuators in front and cleaned them out. still engine light.
Should i have to replace both actuators??

Now or the throttle issue. I don't know if it is that we are drive by wire but I have never noticed this before and truthfully i find strange, annoying, and have never driven a car that did this. OK, when the accel pedal is pressed and released there is a substantial delay of the throttle engaging and disengaging, so much that when accelerating hard in a lower gear and or at higher RPM's, the engine continues to rev another 3-400 RPM unless I wait a second, give it time to catch up, then press the clutch in to the change the gear. when in a higher gear, 4,5 or 6 the delay is still noticeable but not bad. my guess is because the car has some inertia and in a higher gear, the response seems less, the rpms still jump higher between gears if done quickly but again not as noticeable. I know it may be a little bit of a confusing description but if anyone has questions that may be able to help understand better please ask! Im really stressing about this. please help!

Old 06-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
those codes generally get thrown when you are low on oil from what I've seen

are you running a REVUP oil pump?

have you checked your oil levels?

Old 06-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
also, a little google search brings up this:
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0011

Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 PM
my oil levels are fine. I listed all of the codes to assist in someone in diagnosing the problem. and maybe the throttle issue will have to do with it. Mostly i am concerned about what to do next with the above codes, suggestions, what other people have done, and the throttle issue. BTW I have a rev up oil pump.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 PM
bump someone else ever experience this throttle issue or what to do about the actuators?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:12 PM
i have a similar set up than you.. and i experienced some throttle isssues during the tuning... i just needed to clean the throttle body and it was fine after... i dont remember the code i had... maybe not the same thing.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:38 AM
bump updated. Well, the engine codes have all been resolved. it turned out that the problem was caused by exsessive rtv blocking the oil passages and not getting to the cam gear, which didnt allow the timing to be changed. the cam gears themselves were actually bad as well. But the good news is it isnt misfiring and no more engine codes. however the problem with the reving continuing when releasing the throttle is still evident. it is as if the throttle response is so slow that it doessnt know that i have released it until after a a second. the more the throttle is pressed or the higher the revs the more obvious it becomes. any ideas.. ? thanks in advance!

Old 10-14-2011, 07:22 PM
the problem with the reving continuing when releasing the throttle is still evident. it is as if the throttle response is so slow that it doessnt know that i have released it until after a a second. the more the throttle is pressed or the higher the revs the more obvious it becomes. any ideas.. ? thanks in advance!

Old 02-28-2013, 12:41 AM
I just purchase an 06 6mt and the first thing i noticed was the continuation of the rev between shifts as well. I too was wondering if it is a drive by wire side effect but I don't think so. Did you ever get it resolved? Driving me crazy. If I drive slow and smooth it isn't so bad but If I try to get on it forget about it.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:06 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You guys need to search rev matching, this topic has been discussed often on here.