Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

UR Crank Pulley: The Final Word

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005 | 02:09 PM
Well I just did this mod because I'm pretty confident that all the arguments against it just don't apply to this particular engine. It's a great bang-for-the-buck mod, with not a single reported problem due to the replacement pulley that I know of. Also as stated above all oil analysis to date supports this!

Old 03-03-2005 | 02:17 PM
I think there is no one in the world that can tell someone else that the mod they FEEL happy with is not worth it....it says alot about butt dyno. If my butt-dyno is happy and I am satisfied with the added performance (whether it be real/fake or just a psychologically-induced attraction to this feeling) of whatever I spent the money on, no one's claims in the world of "that part" not doing anything go out the window....final word on the UR pulley...if you buy it, like it, and FEEL it has served any purpose, be it your butt-dyno, your personal satisfaction, feeding of your power ego, or anything else, no one can ever take that away from you. Period. So enjoy whatever you do to you cars, and don't ever let someone else discredit how you feel about your own personal FEELING about it....enjoy

Old 03-03-2005 | 02:52 PM
His discussion of amplitude of torsional vibration increasing with increases of distance away from the flywheel should not be missed by anyone who has any interest in anything that was said/discussed/argued in this thread.
Isn't this the guy that says the BMW straight six will fly apart if you put the UD pulley on it? Great write up but does not apply to the VQ which is internally balanced and does not need a glued on rubber band to calm the amplitude of the vibrations. The UR pulley is billet cut and balanced and the other accessories should not IMO cause any issues with the crank shaft. Several opinions will previal on this one. One of my best mods tho.

Old 03-03-2005 | 02:57 PM
Of course, I should have clarified, he discusses many things in his book, one of them being the BMW as an example...My main point was that it is a great read, sorry for skipping the make of the example. And I do agree that every pulley I've had, I've loved. Period

Old 03-03-2005 | 03:40 PM
After reading many papers including the Dinan white papers etc and this thread a while back I came to the conclusion its safe to install the pulley's without any affects, at least not short term. My only problem is stories of rough idling and people who have stereo equipment which drain alot of power and how underdriving affects these gadgets....if someone can give some reassurance on that...then im pretty much sold.

Old 03-03-2005 | 03:47 PM
In my 99 Maxima with three 10s and a Rockford Fosgate bd1001 there was no noticeable difference. It is the only car I ran with the large stereo and a UDP at the same time....I haven't had a 3.5L with a stereo and a pulley before, so I cannot answer that question, but if it helps, my 3.0L worked just fine with no noticeable difference....

Old 03-03-2005 | 03:53 PM
Oh, and it was the Dinan site that I got the idea to actually go and get the book (available at most University libraries), but definetely a great read.

Old 03-03-2005 | 04:21 PM
where do i sign?

Old 03-03-2005 | 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
where do i sign?
http://www.nogaymarriage.com/#petition

Old 03-04-2005 | 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by copbait
www.copbaitthatwasfunny.com

But aren't YOU the one living in frisco, or in the general vicinty??

Old 03-04-2005 | 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by pdjafari
www.copbaitthatwasfunny.com

But aren't YOU the one living in frisco, or in the general vicinty??

Yea, I guess I'm just a rebel at heart

Old 03-04-2005 | 11:17 AM
Hahahaha....that's a nice final word cb....

Old 03-09-2005 | 02:57 AM
Most of the online company offers UR crank pulley set with an option of the belt. It cost $45-50 best buy? or NO? where did you guys buy them?

Old 04-13-2005 | 11:14 PM
Has anyone ran these on a dyno, and gotten numbers to back up the "freed up HP/TQ". And most of the time we are just doing that, freeing up lost HP. Helping the engine breathe and run more efficiently is important to me. I think it will lead to longer life in the engine. It is how I justify intake and exhaust mods. HEHEHE

Old 04-14-2005 | 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by ashadiow
Has anyone ran these on a dyno, and gotten numbers to back up the "freed up HP/TQ". And most of the time we are just doing that, freeing up lost HP. Helping the engine breathe and run more efficiently is important to me. I think it will lead to longer life in the engine. It is how I justify intake and exhaust mods. HEHEHE
You can't "free up" horsepower from 2500 rpm's and higher in 4th or 5th gear with a underdrive pulley (which is where you read gains on a dyno). So to answer your question... it isn't feasible.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UR Crank Pulley: The Final Word