Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

unichip available for G35 and 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey there jcv,

Nah I'm not from there, originally Toronto. I'm here on the East Coast where your prez and fellow Texan just visited for his first Canadian a couple of weeks ago.
That's interesting you mention MooseJaw because today I was watching the news and there was this story about this huge Moose statue being moved. The real Moosejaw mascot was being moved on a flatbed about 1 mile from the town tourist bureau to the town outskirts. A little bit of useless trivia for you!
BTW, my folks have a second home in your home state, around Harlingen/Padre Island. I'm also planning on going to Houston next January to run the marathon there. Small world.

Cheers

Old 01-03-2005, 09:53 PM
Rated M

Frozen north homestead

I also meant to send you a pic of my home for all you Southerners who may not have seen one before.
http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_Igloos.htm

Old 01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
jcv
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Been to Scotia and met the Scoties. Been to Newfoundland and met the Noufies. Been to Terranova and Hibernia and met no one but it was damn cold on the ocean.

Old 01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
WRAH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RBull
I also meant to send you a pic of my home for all you Southerners who may not have seen one before.
http://www.bushwalking.org.au/FAQ/FAQ_Igloos.htm
It looks like he duct taped the door on snow!!!

Old 01-03-2005, 10:42 PM
Hello my name is Garrett and I am from V6Performance.net I will try to answer any questions you have about the UniChip please let me know what you would like to know. You can also take a look at the technical data we already have on the Accord, I will contact UniChip and get some charts for your car.
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=28589

The increased cost is due to the fact that your wire harness costs more then the one for the Accord, UniChip gets your ECU connectors so it is a perfect plug and play system.

The UniChip is basically a plug and play unit that can be installed and removed in a few minutes. This is great for those who want to be able to keep their factory warrenty when they go to the dealership. UniChip also tunes for different levels of engine modifications. They will tune for a stock car, a car with an exhaust, a car with an exhaust and intake,... this way you can send in a list of your modifications and a UniChip can be programmed more specifically for what you have done to your car so you can get maximum performance for the modifications you have.

-Garrett

Old 01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
1) Your add says you play with the stock fuel maps. Does this mean you adjust the A/F ratio? If so, what A/F curve is "nominal" (you should be able to post that since it would be your target A/F curve).

2) Does this system work with the newer 2004.5 ECU's? Are you familiar with the newer ECU?

3) What type of GUARANTEE does this system come with? If I buy it, and give you all of my mods in advance, do pre and post dyno runs on what ever type of dyno you specify and DO NOT get atleast a MINIMUM 5% gain that you claim on your website, do I get a full refund of my purchase and dyno dollars? What if I install it and I have problems with the vehicle running too lean and experience detonation?

4) It seems like it would greatly benefit your company to do a trial test on a newer, N/A yet heavily modded G35 along with a newer, total stock G35. I'm offering my car and time for GUARANTEED RESULTS and a reduced price on the piggy back. If the product works I'll include a detailed write up like I did with The Central FL Dyno Day. If your product does not live up to the manufacturers claims I will post the truth and let everyone on this forum know. Hey, the website has 14,000+ registered members. I would think if this product really worked you would send me a piggyback in the mail tomorrow for almost nothing...

How does that offer sound?

Old 01-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Rated M

It looks like he duct taped the door on snow!!!
Have you heard of Red Green? If not ask some other Canucks who he is.Learned everything from him.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:33 PM
Rated M

Been to Scotia and met the Scoties. Been to Newfoundland and met the Noufies. Been to Terranova and Hibernia and met no one but it was damn cold on the ocean.
I think you mean Nova Scotia (New Scotland) and Scotsand Newfies
You're right about the cold on the ocean in the northern climes.
My G is stored away until April!

Hope all is well in the oil patch and be sure to ...
Remember the Alamo.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:03 PM
jcv
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Geez, nun of us can spel. And yes, I know who Red Green is.

Last edited by jcv; 01-04-2005 at 01:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Infiniti_G35x (10-28-2016)
Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by neffster
1) Your add says you play with the stock fuel maps. Does this mean you adjust the A/F ratio? If so, what A/F curve is "nominal" (you should be able to post that since it would be your target A/F curve).

2) Does this system work with the newer 2004.5 ECU's? Are you familiar with the newer ECU?

3) What type of GUARANTEE does this system come with? If I buy it, and give you all of my mods in advance, do pre and post dyno runs on what ever type of dyno you specify and DO NOT get atleast a MINIMUM 5% gain that you claim on your website, do I get a full refund of my purchase and dyno dollars? What if I install it and I have problems with the vehicle running too lean and experience detonation?

4) It seems like it would greatly benefit your company to do a trial test on a newer, N/A yet heavily modded G35 along with a newer, total stock G35. I'm offering my car and time for GUARANTEED RESULTS and a reduced price on the piggy back. If the product works I'll include a detailed write up like I did with The Central FL Dyno Day. If your product does not live up to the manufacturers claims I will post the truth and let everyone on this forum know. Hey, the website has 14,000+ registered members. I would think if this product really worked you would send me a piggyback in the mail tomorrow for almost nothing...

How does that offer sound?
It is easier for us to get someone locally to do the dyno testing. We have already been contacted by a few people who are willing to install and test the product on their own and give us feed back. This way you will be able to see the GUARANTEED RESULTS before you purchase the product. Also I do not recall any post where a 5% gain was GUARANTEED.

-Garrett

Last edited by gme2001; 01-04-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:58 PM
unichip/Matrix XRS

I installed a unichip in my 03 Toyota Matrix XRS. It was mapped for exhaust and CAI. I was not impressed with the performance gains to be honest. It was minimal across the rev.band, but again minimal at best! I wont be putting one on my 04 G35C to say the least!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by hogwild
I installed a unichip in my 03 Toyota Matrix XRS. It was mapped for exhaust and CAI. I was not impressed with the performance gains to be honest. It was minimal across the rev.band, but again minimal at best! I wont be putting one on my 04 G35C to say the least!!!!!!!!!1
Its hard to extract a lot of power out of a NA 1.8L engine, the UniChip is not going to magically make a large increase in power. It depends a lot on what you start with. I have a SC Accord and they where able to get an additional 20whp and a much better low to mid range power band then what I had before, so results are going to vary depending on what vehicle you have.

Old 01-04-2005, 04:36 PM
G Kreuzer
Most important of all ... how does this box handle timing??? I'm certain it can 'retard' like most other piggy backs, but can it 'advance'? ... that's where the power's at.

Old 01-04-2005, 04:53 PM
Devil's Advocate
Originally Posted by gme2001
Also I do not recall any post where a 5% gain was GUARANTEED.

-Garrett
It's not guaranteed, but it is advertised on the Unichip website.

No matter what vehicle you have, we guarantee maximum power from your gas engine. On an otherwise stock, normally aspirated gas vehicle, adding the Unichip typically produces a peak power gain of between 5-9% and provides an increase at all rpm.
It does however guarantee to perform better than any other ECU program.

In an unbiased test, we unconditionally guarantee no other ECU product makes more power from your gas engine than a custom tuned Unichip or your money back. If within 90 days another ECU program of product makes more horsepower, contact your dealer for a refund.
So I hope that you guys are able to out do Technosquare.

Last edited by roneski; 01-04-2005 at 04:55 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:49 PM
Rated M

Geez, nun of us can spel. And yes, I know who Red Green is.
ok
We're evn now I gues.

BTW RED is a big car nut. Drives a viper.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unichip available for G35 and 350Z