Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

unichip available for G35 and 350Z

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea dizzy!!

Old 01-08-2005, 01:05 AM
For More unbiased information got to http://forums.nasioc.com which is a Subaru forum. I has well over 14,000 members and Imprezas(WRX, STI) have been using the unichip for awhile. There are alot of helpful people on the forum who will be glad to give you some info on the unichip(people who have acctually used it). Got to the engine management section and serch unichip and you will find at least 10 pages of threads on it.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:37 AM
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dizzy

Some of this hate disgusts me. All we've done was to try to get products for members and offer alternatives to the other expensive options. But all we get are haters. Yes, we will make a profit. That's the nature of this business. Don't hate the player, hate the game if you must.
I think the 'hating' comes from the fact that V6P.net came to G35driver with NOTHING to offer the community but a product that they will profit heavily off of. Many of us see the unachip as an overpriced option with the lack of the HKS or AMS name to justify such an expensive piggyback. Very few G35driver members have ever heard of Unachip. $800 for a piggyback from a company no one has heard of? Naturally people are going to be skeptical. Then, when members ask questions the answers are answered to the best of V6P.nets ability - which is at best an educated guess.

If you want credibility SPONSOR this site. NO other retailer would sign up to G35driver and push products this heavily. The amount of posters in this thread with NO post count amazes me. Advanced engine management typically isn't the first topic posted on by G35Driver newbies... making it obvious that all these new poeple are NOT here for the community, but to help sell the Unachip.

Also, VQ35 drivers have been told from the beginning that our ECU is one of the most advanced engine management systems on the market. With its ability to learn and adapt to different conditions no one will ever be certain if a piggyback system can effectively SAFELY remanage our ECU 100% of the time.

I think the Admins of G35driver (Strictly Z) need to contact Unachip directly and see if G35driver can strike up a deal with Unachip. At least that way when us G35drivers spend our cash it supports THIS site, and NOT V6P.net (a DIRECT competitor of this site). Thats just my oppinion though.

Old 01-08-2005, 09:41 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by neffster

Does this raise the rev limiter? Remove the electronic speed limiter? etc...
With the unachip being a piggyback system there is NO way it could modify the electronic speed limiting or raise the electronic rev limiter.

On top of spending $800 for the unachip you will still have to spend $300 on a TS L-spec reflash.

Old 01-08-2005, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by KPierson
With the unachip being a piggyback system there is NO way it could modify the electronic speed limiting or raise the electronic rev limiter.

On top of spending $800 for the unachip you will still have to spend $300 on a TS L-spec reflash.
Why would you need to spend another 300 bucks on a TS L-spec reflash? UniChip

Old 01-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Banned
because a piggyback system won't be able to modify the limits of the stock ECU. You have to modify hex values in the programing to change the rev limiter and speed limiter.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Is that just on the Nissan/Infiniti ecu? Because I know Turboxs utec piggy back changes the rev limit.

Old 01-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Banned
Well, the ECU monitors the Tach signal and sends that signal to the instrument via a CAN signal (If I remember right - everything is modular in the VQ35 and communicates via CAN). If you manipulate the RPM signal going into the ECU (an effective way to change a rev limiter) then the dash mounted tach will be wrong. And we wouldn't want that now would we? I can imagine how pissed I would be if I paid WAY too much for a piggyback and then had it blow my engine up cuz I thought I was at 6800RPM when I was really at 7500. Have you guys even driven a G35 or 350Z yet? Its usually customary for salespeople to learn about thier products and applications BEFORE they take thier sales-pitch to the world....

Old 01-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I hope your not refering to me as a salesman, I'm just another car enthusiast

Old 01-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Banned
With 4 posts? Coming here to defend the Unachip? Your motives are definately not G35Driver comunity motivated.....

Last edited by KPierson; 01-08-2005 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:21 PM
You really need to step off your soap box. What is it with all this hating. Like I said before I'm not anybody's salesman. I don't work for V6P, actually I don't even have a V6. Right now I drive a 2004 WRX with 10,000miles which I am trying to sell by the way(shameless plug). I will be getting a G35 coupe 6mt by the end of the month so I went ahead and joined to start finding out about mods and how much people are purchasing their cars for. I read this thread because i'm interested on engine management for the g35. I am not "defending" the the unichip. I don't even use it on my wrx and never have. I decided to SHARE the subaru forum here because alot of people on this thread said they wanted more info on the product besides just what V6P was saying. There are alot of tech guys that have used it and won't mind telling you about it. Like I said in my previous post -an unbiased opinion. You need to stop prejudging people before you know something about them. Just because someone only has 4 post does not mean they can't bring something to the forum.

Old 01-08-2005, 04:26 PM
If you want credibility SPONSOR this site. NO other retailer would sign up to G35driver and push products this heavily. The amount of posters in this thread with NO post count amazes me. Advanced engine management typically isn't the first topic posted on by G35Driver newbies... making it obvious that all these new poeple are NOT here for the community, but to help sell the Unachip.

I think the Admins of G35driver (Strictly Z) need to contact Unachip directly and see if G35driver can strike up a deal with Unachip. At least that way when us G35drivers spend our cash it supports THIS site, and NOT V6P.net (a DIRECT competitor of this site). Thats just my oppinion though.
first of all, lemme apologize for being a g35driver newbie. i'm sorry that i'm interested in purchasing a g35c and came to this site and now i am replying in this thread.

anyways, it seems that you are more concerned over how much money v6p.net is making versus g35driver.com, and not the credibility or performance of the product. just out of curiosity.....would you go against nissan if they created a product (e.g. spoiler) and came on this forum to inform people of its existance without financially supporting the site?

i don't mean to start any flame wars, i just thought this site would want something that benefits its members, and not just the site itself.

btw, i'm still gonna buy the g cause i think its a sweet car

Old 01-08-2005, 04:32 PM
Banned
It just seems odd that we have 3 other V6P people showing up just to post about the Unachip then you show up out of nowhere with no intro or anything. You haven't asked any of the 'typical' newbie questions that most people would ask right before buying a G. It just seems strange to me and I'm sure to a lot of other people too.

You're threads really come off as promoting the Unachip. Most people when finding a new forum would come on and learn about the car, not new products that other forums are trying to sell. It honestly isn't anything personal against you. When are you planning on getting your G? What mods are you looking for? I'm a member of a very small group of people around herre who have blown a VQ motor up trying new and different tuning techniques. I've researched almost every aspect of engine management as it is crucial on the VQ. The fact that the Unachip can advance timeing (rather it can or can't) doesn't concern me - as I need my timing retarded. Once you factor that out then the Unachip is just an overpriced piggyback. As far as anyone who thinks they can squeeze more power out of a NA VQ good luck, its going to be a tough challange. You will spend a TON of money and never beat any FI VQ35 that is running on stock boost (and typically half the cost of a NA build).

Old 01-08-2005, 05:02 PM
I don't post much because I "search". and I search on different G35 forums(clubg35, freshalloy, my350z, etc.). You can get alot of ansewers to your questions by searching. Alot of newbie questions have been asked and ansewered by other people, so I have learned alot about the car. I personally hate when people ask a question thats been asked a 1000 times when all they have to do is use the search button. I'm sure i will have questions in the future. And I agree your not going to get a whole lot more power out of a N/A engine. Enginemanagemnt really becomes advantageous with FI. I know on my wrx it was like night and day,+30 to hp easy. Add exhaust another 30hp.
I didn't mean to come oof too harsh but I just got offended when I was just trying to share some info. By the end of the month I want have a Diamond Graphite coupe with premium package and spoiler. I think my first mod will be the APS cat back and maybe get a reflash from SGP racing here in houston from there I havn't decided on tt or not.
I have a turbo car now and it is like a car enthusiast's crack, very addicting if done right, but very expensive.

Old 01-08-2005, 05:08 PM
It just seems odd that we have 3 other V6P people showing up just to post about the Unachip then you show up out of nowhere with no intro or anything. You haven't asked any of the 'typical' newbie questions that most people would ask right before buying a G. It just seems strange to me and I'm sure to a lot of other people too.
i'm not sure if that's directed to me. if yes, then please do your homework before posting. i've posted a few typical newbie questions. i've even had a response to do a search instead of posting....lol.

btw, what difference does it make if you're the most informed person about the VQ engine or in my case a newbie. a company spending their own money on R&D and creating products for the g35 promotes healthy competition which benefits all g35 owners. if its a good enough product, it will survive. if not, then who cares. just because you've blown up a VQ engine shouldn't stop others from researching further.

with that said, i'm gonna stop responding to this post. i am in no way offended or turned off from this forum.....and i apologize if i have offended anyone else. i will continue to post my "newbie" questions.....lol. i just don't want to start an internt war for no reason. i have no knowledge on the VQ engine or the unichip. i'm just a car enthusiast who is looking for products for my (future) car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: unichip available for G35 and 350Z