Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

TC-W3 marine two stroke oil as a gasoline additive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 03:42 PM
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
I just barely noticed the reflection on the lens.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts
I spent a ton of time reading about this on various forums throughout the net. I think I'm gonna try it out on a car of mine and test the results.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tolboothwilley™
I spent a ton of time reading about this on various forums throughout the net. I think I'm gonna try it out on a car of mine and test the results.
<IMHO> An informed conclusion. I don't know if you saw this on Maxima.org, but a 9dB reduction in engine noise probably indicates a beneficial result.

"TC-W3 marine two stroke oil as a gasoline additive - NEW

So after the last thread on this here disappeared, let's get another one going.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f48/been-testing-91206/

^^ the original thread over on LS1.com, with research and oil analyses and what-not...

But the gist of it is this:

*adding ONE OUNCE of TC-W3 rated 2-stroke marine oil to 4/5 GALLONS of gas at each fill-up does wonders for our vehicles.
* TC-W3 is ash-less, so it's clean burning.
*Smooths out and quiets down the engine. I have PERSONALLY taken decibel readings both before and after adding TC-W3 to my gas tank, and the engine runs 9dB quieter at idle. About 15 percent quieter, that's verified!
*Also, it has been reported that some users get better mileage with it ( I personally do not, but I tend to drive on the energetic side anyhow)
*Cleans out the injectors and top end of carbon and deposits
*lubricates the fuel delivery system
*does NOT harm O2 sensors / catalytic converters / emissions equipment at all.
*reduced hydrocarbon emissions (CLEANER EXHAUST)

It is available at auto parts stores, Wal-mart...wherever. The ONLY stipulation is that it has to be TC-W3 rated. Brand is not relevant. It's cheaper than MMO, Techron cleaner, Seafoam...all of it."

Old 12-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Have you tried the TC-W3 yet? Bear in mind, it takes at least 2-3 tankfuls to notice a difference & 1oz./4-5gals. of fuel is the best ratio for our cars. You may want to initially try 1oz./4gals. & 1oz./5gals. after several tankfuls.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:55 AM
I just bought my 2nd. gallon of 'Walmart' brand TC-W3 2-stroke oil, since I started using it in my Maxima. I started running it in the G35x when I got the car w/ ~ 66K miles. It initially used about 1/8" on the dipstick worth of oil during the 1st. 1K miles & stopped using oil at that point. I'm now about 1/2 way through my 2nd. oil change interval since owning the car & have seen ZERO oil use. Could be the Nissan dealer used better oil or the TC-W3 worked. I'm not sure which stopped the oil use. But it appears that shortly after I started using TC-W3 there was reduced oil use during the 1st. oil change interval. At 1oz./4-5gals. of gas the other benefits i.e. smoother/quieter running engine, slight gas mileage & low end power improvement. It's worth $13/gal. every few years, measuring out 3-4oz. per fill-up & pouring it in the gas tank. <IMHO>

Old 03-24-2014, 12:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts
I ran this for several tanks in my 4runner - and noticed no differences at all. I have since stopped running it. I never did try it in my G

Old 03-24-2014, 08:10 PM
I ran this for several tanks in my 4runner - and noticed no differences at all. I have since stopped running it. I never did try it in my G
That's interesting... You're the first I've heard of that didn't notice any difference at all. Guess as they say "your mileage will vary". Perhaps the VQ engine is more sensitive to TC-W3 in fuel than some other engines. I commend you for at least giving TC-W3 a try. Unlike the naysayers, that just criticized the concept.
Granted, I found out about the thread on the Maxima forums & though skeptical tried TC-W3 just as an experiment in my Maxima. I and many other Maxima enthusiasts got good results. I noticed pretty much the same good results w/ my G35x. I'm just glad TC-W3 appears to have helped reduce my oil use to zero.