Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

ECU tuning option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by studman
As a follow up post to GurgenPB's post, know that the E-Manage cannot subtract fuel. The option fuel injector harness does not insert itself into the fuel injector output path, it only taps it. The fuel injector harness can make the pulse widths longer, but cannot shorten the output of the stock ECU.
Hey Studman...

Are you sure about this? I was about 99% sure that it intercepts and not just taps the injector outputs, so it can make it shorter AND longer if need be. While timing does not need to be advanced for FI cars, which makes the emanage usable, complete fuel adjustment is going to be necessary both ways, since you are upgrading injectors and hanging he fuel pressure behavior compeltely. I'll have to look into this to make completely sure...

Old 06-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Florida G35 Club Premier Member
GurgenPB - Unless I absolutely missed 6 wires coming out of the fuel injector harness adapter that I have, then I'm pretty sure that it doesn't retard it. Now, I've never tried to set a negative number in the software, but I know that it doesn't intercept them (at least mine didn't), it only taps them. The ignition ones are the ones that intercept the signal.

Old 06-21-2005, 05:09 PM
GurgenPB - Unless I absolutely missed 6 wires coming out of the fuel injector harness adapter that I have, then I'm pretty sure that it doesn't retard it. Now, I've never tried to set a negative number in the software, but I know that it doesn't intercept them (at least mine didn't), it only taps them. The ignition ones are the ones that intercept the signal.
Ok, you live..you learn. I did not know this. That's not good, i was gettng ready to put in the emanage.

Old 06-22-2005, 03:05 AM
Yopu promted me to research this more..and thank YOU for that. The emanage does lean thigns out, but indirectly via spoofing the MAF voltage. This does work, but I am looking for a more reliable and purist approach. I am working on something new now..will report back if possible.

Gurgen

Old 06-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infiniti in van nuys is reprogramming my ECU
thay said more 10hp..

Old 06-28-2005, 06:26 PM
never heard of that before........what exactly are they going to reprogram? thanks.

Old 06-28-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by 6969g35
Infiniti in van nuys is reprogramming my ECU
thay said more 10hp..
This is really not possible in the same sense that we talk about on the subject of optimizing the ECUs.

They can do two things: 1) Upgrade the ECU version (part number) to the newer one if your current/original ecu part number was superceded (this has happened recently on a couple of cars). 2) They can advance the baseline timing from 15deg BTDC to 17deg BTDC...whcih could give you about 5-8 hp, however many say that that is only a 'test option' of sorts in teh consult II, and does not 'stick' for good.

They cannot optimize the A/F, advance timing in the tables, etc...

Old 06-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
This is really not possible in the same sense that we talk about on the subject of optimizing the ECUs.

They can do two things: 1) Upgrade the ECU version (part number) to the newer one if your current/original ecu part number was superceded (this has happened recently on a couple of cars). 2) They can advance the baseline timing from 15deg BTDC to 17deg BTDC...whcih could give you about 5-8 hp, however many say that that is only a 'test option' of sorts in teh consult II, and does not 'stick' for good.

They cannot optimize the A/F, advance timing in the tables, etc...
yes they are going to do air ratio ,reprogram the the ecu
They go inside the computer and due all the updates
its getting done... thus'
I.LL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED

Old 07-03-2005, 10:37 PM
Any update on what they actually did and how it turned out?

Old 07-03-2005, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by FLFIRE
Any update on what they actually did and how it turned out?
yes you can feel the difference
in high rpm band and throtle reponse

Old 07-04-2005, 09:44 AM
glad to see you can tell and feel the difference, so, if you don't mind me asking(inquiring minds wants to know), how much did dealer charge for this service?

Old 07-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by klg35
glad to see you can tell and feel the difference, so, if you don't mind me asking(inquiring minds wants to know), how much did dealer charge for this service?

Old 07-05-2005, 12:35 PM
humm, looks like i just might go this route vs technosquare.....if not too troublesome, can you pm the job details from dealer so i can present to my dealer? .....
hey, I'm at 53rd and 7th in New York at the moment(Sheraton NY) accompanining my wife for a conference......dang, these cab drivers drive just like me!!.. haha.

Old 07-05-2005, 01:20 PM
wow, unbelievable how people can still get ripped off in the face of all this information availbale on the forums..... just unbelievable

Old 07-06-2005, 11:41 AM
so, are people getting ripped off by going t/s or dealer? is there a guaranteed from t/s, or any after market "tuner" that will honor the factory warranty IF something should go afoul with adjusting the ecu? please enlighten....thanks.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ECU tuning option