Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Car has problems starting p0335

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 11:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Car has problems starting p0335

so I just bought a 2003 g35 coupe stick, it's pretty beaten up but all it needs is love. The car has issues starting but when it does it runs like a beast. When I bought the car the guy who so.d it said it had a bad full pump and that's why. So he gave me a new one cause he didn't have time to do it. So I replaced it but still problems turning over, but when it did start it was nice and strong, sounded a million times better. So I ran a scanner on it and got the code p0335 so crank shafts sensor malfunction. I replaced it yesterday and when I ran the scanner gain there was no codes. So I started it up but again didn't come up on a dime( was significantly faster though). Then I drove the car a but and shut it off then try again then all the lights came back ( engine, battery,etc.) so I ran the scanner again and it said p0335 pending. Now everytime I run the scanner it says the code is pending and I've wipped it and run it multiple times but still. Please someone help I want her to start on a dime. And please don't say "did you check other posts on this" cause I have and none I read had clear answers.

Old 07-02-2018, 01:07 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,469 Likes on 2,161 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Where did you get the crank sensor, if you bought one from 'ye olde parts hause like Autozone, O'reilly, etc then that's likely the problem. The aftermarket sensors for the most part suck badly and the ECU doesn't like them, stick to the OEM Nissan sensors. The issue might also be the harness or the wiring, possibly the grounding system is corroded, etc.

If the motor is turning over slowly that is probably a failing battery, electrical corrosion, or a bad starter. The CKP will not affect starter torque, it should crank STRONGLY.

Ignition START, ECU looks for CKP and CAM signal (no data, just verifying they exist), if found it will turn the fuel pump on AND close the start relay, also looks for CAM sensor DATA during rotation and will fire coil packs and open injectors based on cam position.

Old 07-02-2018, 02:55 PM
Year I got a 50 buck one at autozone. Yeah I haven't checked my battery. Need to!! Cause again it starts it just takes a minute. But when it's up it runs perfect, and after I replaced the sensor it ran better.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Def check the battery connections. For the longest time my ground terminal barely made a good connection despite tightening the **** out of it. Ive had multiple problems trying to start it because of that, but once I replaced the terminal on the wire, It hasn't given me a problem since.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:15 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by cleric670@gmail
Where did you get the crank sensor, if you bought one from 'ye olde parts hause like Autozone, O'reilly, etc then that's likely the problem. The aftermarket sensors for the most part suck badly and the ECU doesn't like them, stick to the OEM Nissan sensors.
Originally Posted by Mnav13
Year I got a 50 buck one at autozone.

Often times members ignore advice given to them leading to more frustration and head banging because they can't fix their issues. The SES light is there for a reason and it usually tells you what's wrong with your car. Start with the simplest answer here and go buy a Nissan sensor, install it and sit back to enjoy the results of your logical thinking. More than likely the new sensor will solve your issue and you won't have to do anything else. Or don't and keep up the, your choice.

Old 07-27-2018, 10:21 AM
Still not working

I have replaced the crankshaft sensor twice. Got one from Napa that said oem but now I'm getting the real deal from Nissan. I got new camshaft sensors as well as the mechanic I took it too suggested I should. If this new crankshaft sensor doesn't make a difference I'm completely lost. Because I can't get a clear answer from anyone not even mchanics lol

Old 07-28-2018, 08:23 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
I'll reserve final judgement until you have all new NISSAN sensors installed, not ones from NAPA or anywhere else that say OEM but aren't. More than likely they label those parts OEM style or replacement. You were given a clear answer from the day you posted your thread in the second post that same day, 7/2, and here we are 26 days later still with no resolution yet. In your opening post you also mentioned searching for a solution and you used "couldn't get a clear answer" for the first time and now here it is again. If you had read more than one other thread about p0335 you would have found someone who said only use Nissan sensors so methinks you need to hone your search skills lol. Just be careful you don't use it as an excuse over and over. I get that you're frustrated, I get that way as well when I have a problem I can't figure out on my own but this forum is full of a lot of us that have been doing this for a long time and know what we're talking about.

If the Nissan sensors don't work, cleric posted numerous other possibilities that might lead to your issue but I'm willing to bet that the crank sensor works. Good luck.....

The following users liked this post:
telcoman (07-28-2018)
Old 07-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
The OP thinks only a nineteen year old vehicle needs love?
Is he living in a dream world?
Using non OEM parts just complicates troubleshooting. He never mentions the condition of the battery or his entire electrical system, cables, any corrosion, alternator output, coil packs, wires, etc
If he installed a non OEM fuel pump that would be a good place to start. He never mentioned testing fuel pump pressure.
I suppose he'll still be banging his head against a wall in another 26 days?
OP perhaps you should obtain a FSM for your vehicle and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Telcoman