Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Just did my first MOD (Z tube and K&N filter,) next is spacer via the group buy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Just did my first MOD (Z tube and K&N filter,) next is spacer via the group buy

Hi everyone,

I have been reading this forum for a while and trying the absorb the wealth of knowledge and personal experiences here.

I just got my Z tube and K&N filter from performancenissanparts personally and installed them today. This was the first time I have actually modded my car and although admittedly i was nervous in the beginning, after reading all the good DIY's and instructions, i felt more ready.

The actual install was a breeze, I felt like I had actually done this before, your instructions are that good.

The drive was great, love the sound, I think I was expecting louder, but the sound seemed to get deeper "more growl" within the next 5-10 min of driving.

As for feeling, I think I felt a continual of pull in the higher RPM's, not great but noticeable consistency in the pull (as opposed to car topping about in around 5-6k)

My next mod will be the spacer and am looking forward to both the performance gain and the sound.

BTW, there is a group buy going on the my350 forum, and I signed up. I thought it would be helpful for others like me in need of a spacer

In case u guys want it, here is the address.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1388901

You guys ROCK, thank you for all your advice.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:08 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Oh.....your SCREWED now!!!

Mod Fever will take over your life....and it will cost you big bucks down the road!

"My names Terry...and I'm a Mod-a-holic" lol

Old 04-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Unhappy

Mod Fever will take over your life....and it will cost you big bucks down the road!

"Hello....My names Terry...and I'm a Mod-a-holic" lol

Old 04-19-2005, 07:15 PM
"Hi Terry, Welcome... We Understand"
"My name is Kevin, I am a Mod-a-holic"

I think poor NativeKahn has no idea that drug is already coursing through his veins.
It will be a month or two, then he will need a meeting here.

Old 04-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Sickone
"Hi Terry, Welcome... We Understand"
"My name is Kevin, I am a Mod-a-holic"

I think poor NativeKahn has no idea that drug is already coursing through his veins.
It will be a month or two, then he will need a meeting here.

Look what it did to me........Somehow I posted the same thing twice! lol

Old 04-19-2005, 07:49 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Since it's difficult to find in the thread, the prices are below. I think this is cheaper than the first GB on this forum! Hmm, I'll think about it but I may pull the trigger on the 3/8".

>25
The Motordyne 350Z 1/4" spacer price is $160.
The Motordyne G35 3/8" spacer price is $170.
The Motordyne XL 1/2" spacer price is $180.
The Motordyne XL STB and Hood spacer kit is $40

25+
The Motordyne 350Z 1/4" spacer price is $150.
The Motordyne G35 3/8" spacer price is $160.
The Motordyne XL 1/2" spacer price is $170.
The Motordyne XL STB and Hood spacer kit is $40

Limit 100 plenum spacer units.

Each kit comes with everything you need for a complete install. You won't be running to the hardware store for parts or second guessing if there is enough room for everything to fit properly. The design is refined.

Shipping is $13.95 and orders are sent out Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Please allow 24hr for order processing. XL STB and Hood spacer kits will start shipping april 22.

For more information visit MotordyneEngineering.com

Old 04-19-2005, 07:52 PM
LOL, ya, I think its too late for me, since I just also bought a sirius SAT / antenna for my coupe ;P After spacer, maybe in few months, will be rimms and springs... maybe springs before rims!!!

P, thanks for putting the prices, beat me to it

Old 04-19-2005, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can someone explain to me what a spacer does? That would be helpful...Also whats the difference between 25 and +25...Also, I'm guessing that if you have a G35 you have to get the 3/8, is this true?

Old 04-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by OldVFRGuy

"My names Terry...and I'm a Mod-a-holic" lol
"My name is Eloy, and I'm a Mod-a-holic"

I am searching for the plenum spacer group buy as we speak. Where the hell is my sponsor?!?!?!

Old 04-19-2005, 08:16 PM
Sundevilej, there are tons of reviews/discussions re spacer on this forum, the official site is as follows with dyno results:

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/

Also see this thread:

https://g35driver.com/forums/engine-drivetrain-forced-induction/44970-motordyne-spacer-dyno-test-results.html

In short, it increases volume in the plenum housing, increasing air to the first two cyl that for some reason, by design, were not getting as much air as they could have, therefore with the mod you get more HP... Kinda like the Crawford modified plenum, but with a different twist, you get to keep your stock plenum. There is some questions as to which provide more HP as you will soon find out, but regardless, both work, and spacer is cheaper.

I am sure others can provide a much more indept explanation

I do have the Coupe, therefore 3/8" is the biggest size i can go while keeping my engin cover ( I do like the stealth factor). You can go 1/2", however gains are marginal.

Last edited by nativekhan; 04-19-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
To me the engine cover looks gay, so I don't mind getting the 1/2"....i might have to get in on this GB, when is the deadline?

Old 04-20-2005, 01:11 PM
SUD
I am interested in the 3/8ths spacer...but does anyone know a solution to shipping to Canada? Their site says via UPS but I understand their (UPS) brokerage fees etc are crap and greatly increase the cost to us poor cousins. Ideally I suppose, can one ship to a US PO BOX and then slip over the border pick it up and do the install on the street before slipping back over the border? Hate paying the tax man, customs man, or brokerage man Anyone done this?

SUD

Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChazM
To me the engine cover looks gay, so I don't mind getting the 1/2"....i might have to get in on this GB, when is the deadline?
Chaz, I asked the same question on the my350z board, and he said it is on until May 5 or 100 plenums, whichever comes first. I gotta figure out if I wanna do the 3/8 or 1/2 now. Maybe split the difference and get 7/16?

Old 04-20-2005, 05:17 PM
Is it easy to install? Or does it need to be installed by a pro?

Old 04-20-2005, 06:11 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by P_Diddy
Chaz, I asked the same question on the my350z board, and he said it is on until May 5 or 100 plenums, whichever comes first. I gotta figure out if I wanna do the 3/8 or 1/2 now. Maybe split the difference and get 7/16?
Thanks, I found out later and actually signed up...I'm #31! whooohoo can't wait. Get the 1/2", might as well take the coulpe extra hp....before i thought I would do that 3/8" spacers too because I wanted to keep my cover. Once I saw what it looked like under the cover i realized I would rather lose the cover and get the extra hp.

Sundeviljay~ I have never installed one, but I have seen the crawford plenum installed and that didn't seem hard and the install should be somewhat similar, maybe even easier.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just did my first MOD (Z tube and K&N filter,) next is spacer via the group buy