Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

330 HP (+70) Chip for G35C

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: 330 HP (+70) Chip for G35C

Sorry man it still sounds a little to good to be true for just one ECU upgrade. As for the 3 series which company upgrade are you talkin about. I was going to buy one before I decided to go with the G. I did alot of research since I was comaring the 325CI to the 330CI. I figured I could just get the 325CI and throw some DINAN gear on it. I called DINAN and they informed me to get even 40-50HP out of the car I would not only need the ECU but exhaust and intake and maybe some ignition work. Anyway check out the link below and you'll see how crazy it can get just to get to 200HP for the 325CI. We all know that BMW makes great engines and that if takes that much to get 40-50HP out of them then I seriously doubt that single ECU will add that much to the G. That would mean that Nissan let 3rd graders design the fuel and air map ratios, and they are so bad that an upgrade would help that much. Just some interesting thoughts. Peace. [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

http://www.dinanbmw.com/default.htm
Check the 3 series Dinan kits and also here's a quote from the ECU upgrade section

"325 Performance Engine Software

The new 2.5 liter Engine Management Systems are fine examples of BMW's sophisticated engineering. BMW detonation control systems, high speed engine management computers and sophisticated "adaptations" have left no horsepower for we tuners to extract; as much as we hate to admit it!
However, this certainly doesn't mean that there isn't enhanced performance available for the 325. There is still plenty to be gained from Dinan Performance Engine Software, although the typical increases in horsepower and torque you have come to expect from Dinan are not achievable. For example, the software safely raises the rev-limit by 240 rpm, endowing your 325 with a broader power band and greater road speed in each gear. The software also removes the factory top speed governor, enabling the cars to attain their "natural" top speed.

Reprogramming the "drive by wire" throttle system speeds up throttle response, leaving the driver with the feeling of increased power output. This software is 50 State Emissions Legal.** Currently, 2003 models are 49 State Emissions Legal."

Cya

-Jason
Laser Red '03 6MT

Old 06-19-2003, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha, hahahaha, hahaha, oh my god.

This kind of thread has been on _every_ single car enthusiast forum in existance. One clueless misinformed "enthusiast" hears "more power!!!" and sets off a chain reaction of idiotic babble from just as clueless followers.

It's kind of sad how almost anyone can be considered a car afficionado, yet they don't understand how a car functions. Whats even more sad is that human beings are gullible, and when they hear what they want to hear, they will beleive it, no matter how much data there is to prove them wrong.

My point is this, your 70hp figure is stupid, the person you called is stupid, your dealer is stupid for hiring that person who is flinging bullshit at you. You are not stupid, there is hope for you, that is why you are here. I repeat, you are not stupid. Don't make us beleive otherwise.

But if I am proven wrong, and we get 70hp (whether it be crank or to the wheels) I promise to appologize, retract my previous statement, sell my G35c, and buy a pink Huffy bicycle to ride to work.

RamboRoni: No engine is bulletproof. Raising the rev limiter will not give you any gains, if you have ever seen a dyno graph of a G or a Maxima, you would know that most of the VQ's power is between 3k and 5k rpms. Raising the rev limiter is a childish idea brought upon by the Honda guys, you know what they say "Most of the S2k's power is near 9,000rpms", and Honda makes motorcycles too!

SAC TOWN, CA

Old 06-19-2003, 08:15 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

muzy: [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

ok got lazy and didnt call the dealership, oh well

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow

Old 06-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Montgomery's Finest

now with the boost will it void out tour warrenty??? if this is true....

The sky is the limit
350gt Ride on [img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2003, 09:09 PM

Hey TN...was Mike Blanchard your sales guy at Infiniti of BR? If so, he and I had the same discussion...apparently this guy who's really in to SCCA Pro Racing was interested in the G35 and he and Mike got to talking about what the engine was good for...

In the context of Mike and I's discussion, I believe the guy said something to the effect of "with forced induction, exhaust, a chip and some fuel system work...the VQ would be good for the mid 300 range..."

Contact me offline if you're from the BR area...we need to get something going with some of those Z guys around here!!

Drive it like I stole it?
Hell...drive it like I'm making payments on it...

Old 06-20-2003, 04:57 AM

this is why im scared to go to a meet, i dont want to hear this tripe.
dont confuse a raised rev limiter with a raised redline, moving the rev limiter just means you have mroe room to [censored] up.

let me end this
i wouldnt want a car that was so poorly coded from the factory an ecu upgrade could give 70hp.
-Brandon the big ball of hate

PS. our cars dont have chips its a whole ecu, its behind our glove-compartment if you want to look at it.

-moooooo

Old 06-20-2003, 11:26 AM

Another interesting discussion. I 90% aggree, NA engines do not respond to greatly to reprogramming the Fuel/ignition tables. However I just sort of wonder as there are several versions of VQ running around with different rated power outputs if Nissan didn't hold some back (HP) on us for later, either selling aftermarket parts, or making the next years or further out G more powerful in NA form. Considering this is a very modern 4 valve engine with variable valve timing, why does the torque take such a nosedive after 5k or so rpm? If one retarded the Ign maps up there, it would just make it feel like a older pushrod motor that has difficulty breathing up high. If that were the case and revamping VVT and Ign maps up in that rev range added a 10-20 LbFt increase, the power increases that have been discussed, would not be unrealistic either. It just seems very funny that a 4V, VVT motor runs out of breath up past 5500, LS1's don't do that do they, and they lack the same technology. It's got the displacement to make the power, it just has a falling torque curve. Not saying this is the case, but just thinking out loud.
Jay

Currently driving 93 RX-7 TT. Very seriously considering selling the RX for a G-35 coupe.

Old 06-20-2003, 02:48 PM

looking at your sig
are you the RX7s original owner
if i was the original owner i would take an rx7 over the G

-moooooo

Old 06-20-2003, 04:48 PM

I am the RX's original owner, had it since 93, but if you really need meeded more than 2 seats, it isn't that easy to keep.

The RX is just about sold, I have been driving the G for about a month!!!!

Old 06-20-2003, 08:20 PM

i tried to buy one instead of the G but couldnt get one thats conditioned matched its price. ($18k for 60-70k miles on its first motor.)
its on my list of cars to own one day

-moooooo

Old 06-20-2003, 10:01 PM

Buying a used sports car is a shot in the dark, you don';t know how many of those miles were spent bouncing off of the redline, but I give you props for trying. If you are able to take care of the cooling/engine-detonation on the FD's rotary, more power to you. I just don't understand how kids think that they can buy a rex and expect to beat it up, without doing research. But everyone has a dream....my dream is still a Viper GTS.

CB 5AT - SAC, CA

Old 06-21-2003, 02:22 AM

70 hp gain on NA from an ECU chip. i think i'm dealing with the wrong tuners..

please. people.. put on your common sense hats!

Old 06-21-2003, 01:09 PM

this is the funniest thing i've seen since the vtech (phone)
There is no way you could get that much power out of a n/a car just by tuning it.......no way....maybe with intake/header/exahust/cam gears/fuel rail/port polishing/diff pistons and toulane (110 octane) then possibly i would believe it....

Old 06-21-2003, 10:24 PM

CHESTON!! You crazy ricer you, did you finally part-out and sell your maxima? I did [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] got my G a couple of weeks ago, automatic though.

How's your 350Z doing? Forced induction in your future?

-Stan

CB 5AT - SAC, CA

Old 06-22-2003, 02:05 AM

thats why i didnt buy it.
btw chestons Z has become the ultimate rolling test bed
i think hes been without it more then with it.

-moooooo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 330 HP (+70) Chip for G35C