Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 12-29-2005 | 08:21 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
More power . . . Arg, arg, arg . . . More power!

Once again, everyone is on their collective toes.

Old 12-29-2005 | 08:23 PM
Can't wait till I get my MREV, too bad its on backorder
Hurry up guys

Old 12-29-2005 | 11:08 PM
I just got my package (MREV Plus) and does it come with instruction? i don't see anything and i hope i have everything in the package. How do i tell if i really have the Mrev Plus?

Old 12-30-2005 | 12:02 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by AthenG
I just got my package (MREV Plus) and does it come with instruction? i don't see anything and i hope i have everything in the package. How do i tell if i really have the Mrev Plus?
It should have instructions with it. If they are not there, you can down load a copy from our website.

And its MREV plus if the intake runners 1&2 have been machined down. They have a machined finish rather than a sand cast finish.

Let me know what you find.
Tony

Old 12-30-2005 | 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
It should have instructions with it. If they are not there, you can down load a copy from our website.

And its MREV plus if the intake runners 1&2 have been machined down. They have a machined finish rather than a sand cast finish.

Let me know what you find.
Tony
The only thing I see on your website is "DOWNLOAD THE MD PLENUM SPACER INSTALLATION (PDF) "

Old 12-30-2005 | 03:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
The only thing I see on your website is "DOWNLOAD THE MD PLENUM SPACER INSTALLATION (PDF) "
That's it. Its listed as spacer on the site, but its also the MREV installation manual. The installation procedure for the Iso Thermal spacers and the MREV are identical with the only difference being that the MREV gets a new collector switched in.

Tony

Old 01-03-2006 | 11:03 PM
just tryin' to keep this thread from hitting page 2....

btw...i recently purchased the copper iso MREV and MREV plus! can't wait~! ...i live in so cal and i was wondering if anyone here could help me out with the install...there would of course be a generous tip included...thanks!~! =)

Old 01-03-2006 | 11:35 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by dirkchokurate
just tryin' to keep this thread from hitting page 2....

btw...i recently purchased the copper iso MREV and MREV plus! can't wait~! ...i live in so cal and i was wondering if anyone here could help me out with the install...there would of course be a generous tip included...thanks!~! =)
I hope you are able to get the MREV installed in a timely fashion. You are in for a treat. Looking forward to reading your post install comments.

Old 01-04-2006 | 10:04 PM
Tony -

Just ordered the MREV + over the weekend, any idea on when they'll be shipped out other than mid-January? Can't wait to get that puppy installed!!

Old 01-04-2006 | 10:40 PM
I also got my Mrev + last week but kinda holding on the install, it's winter and I won't be able to drive my car hard anyways so i guess there's no rush. I did the install for my Z-tube & K&N filter by myself, now can I do the install on the Mrev assuming I'm a moron?

Old 01-04-2006 | 11:02 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
I also got my Mrev + last week but kinda holding on the install, it's winter and I won't be able to drive my car hard anyways so i guess there's no rush. I did the install for my Z-tube & K&N filter by myself, now can I do the install on the Mrev assuming I'm a moron?

AthenG,

If you read the instructions completely through a few times prior to the installation it should be a breeze. During the install process . . . Take your time and enjoy your new found ability.

Old 01-06-2006 | 10:50 PM
Florida G35 Club
Originally Posted by Superman
Hey Gee Pasta!

Any new news on your tuning mod? I haven't seen/read/heard anything since your last post over a week ago.

Any advancements? Any hint of what it is?
Update!

I will be flying down to Southern California on Jan 21st for a major dyno run at Church's.
I will be helping Tony install and do baseline dynos on his new 350Z. Testing has to be done on what I would call the next advancement of VQ HP. I know this stuff makes power, It just has to be done right so everybody feels good about there next investment. Believe it or not IM going out tonight and working on the next phase of mods that are so state of art. Well, let me say that I feel so lucky to have one of the trickiest G35 out there when IM done. Tony needs more time for development. His things to do list is long and very promising. You all will see by this spring a VQ bang out over 300rwhp. DaveO wants me to bring my car down for the dyno, because he knows what Iv been working on. This is positive stuff. Its so much fun when everything is positive. Tony is the master mind behind all of this.
The biggest question is going to be? Is Pasta's G35c going to take out Tony's Z in the spring. This is how things get done. The next mods for your cars are going to blow you away. IM sure anybody that wants to show up at the dyno run can. Pasta

Old 01-06-2006 | 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Update!

I will be flying down to Southern California on Jan 21st for a major dyno run at Church's.
I will be helping Tony install and do baseline dynos on his new 350Z. Testing has to be done on what I would call the next advancement of VQ HP. I know this stuff makes power, It just has to be done right so everybody feels good about there next investment. Believe it or not IM going out tonight and working on the next phase of mods that are so state of art. Well, let me say that I feel so lucky to have one of the trickiest G35 out there when IM done. Tony needs more time for development. His things to do list is long and very promising. You all will see by this spring a VQ bang out over 300rwhp. DaveO wants me to bring my car down for the dyno, because he knows what Iv been working on. This is positive stuff. Its so much fun when everything is positive. Tony is the master mind behind all of this.
The biggest question is going to be? Is Pasta's G35c going to take out Tony's Z in the spring. This is how things get done. The next mods for your cars are going to blow you away. IM sure anybody that wants to show up at the dyno run can. Pasta

Interesting, to say the least.

Old 01-06-2006 | 11:37 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
UPDATE!

The first run of 5/16" plenum spacers came in today from the machine shop! They will be deburred, Hydrofluric acid washed, processed and machined buffed.... The majority of orders will pack and ship out this Monday and a small remainder will ship out Thursday!

Lots of Copper TB heaters and MREV's will be processed this weekend too!

Toyn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering