Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 01-19-2006, 03:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay this is a lot of reading, lol. But it seems to me that the majority of all this MD talk is regarding the MREV kits which are for the revup engines only. Seeing that I have a 05 AT sedan, MREV is out of the question already correct? Then, what would be the next best option to go with and how do the gains compare with the MREV for the MTs. I want a considerable gain and have read countlessly that the MREVs for the MTs have been great on gains. How are the gains for models for the ATs and are they still up to par? Thanks! *I really want to use some of this money that I've earned tutoring these past months...and would love to get this if it woudl prove to give me considerable gains like the MREV does.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your best bet would be to look at either the 1/2" or 5/16" plenlum spacers from MD. From what I've read they seem to give some significant results to your 5AT. Check out MD's web site, it may give you some more info. Hope that helps.

Old 01-19-2006, 09:34 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EicarG35
Okay this is a lot of reading, lol. But it seems to me that the majority of all this MD talk is regarding the MREV kits which are for the revup engines only. Seeing that I have a 05 AT sedan, MREV is out of the question already correct? Then, what would be the next best option to go with and how do the gains compare with the MREV for the MTs. I want a considerable gain and have read countlessly that the MREVs for the MTs have been great on gains. How are the gains for models for the ATs and are they still up to par? Thanks! *I really want to use some of this money that I've earned tutoring these past months...and would love to get this if it woudl prove to give me considerable gains like the MREV does.
i've read 11-15hp depending on whether you go 5/16 or 1/2" but i don't know about the torque gains. there's a thread somewhere where a guy picked up 15hp, 17 ft lb torque after a 1/2" spacer and he had other NA mods... pretty impressive! i'm seriously considering buying this, just depends on whether the 1/2" will fit in my sedan with the engine cover...

Old 01-22-2006, 01:13 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
2 More new mods sucessfully dynod today!!! And so much more is on the way!

Old 01-22-2006, 01:53 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Excellent, Tony! Can't wait til you share with us what these new mods might be . . . And what sort of gains we can expect.

Old 01-22-2006, 01:58 AM
My horns hold up my halo
Tony, I swear if you were a woman these guys on here would be talking ugly about you to their friends. Hurry up and get on with getting to the release!!!!!!

Old 01-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
I forgot to mention that I received my MD spacer the week before last and everything looks quality plus a got a sweet LED-lighted pen!!! However, due to the death of my father in law (a great man and too damn young) last Saturday, planning his funeral, and an absolute crazy workload, the spacer is sitting in my garage indefitely Hopefully that thing can cheer me up because I need it right now.

Old 01-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
I forgot to mention that I received my MD spacer the week before last and everything looks quality plus a got a sweet LED-lighted pen!!! However, due to the death of my father in law (a great man and too damn young) last Saturday, planning his funeral, and an absolute crazy workload, the spacer is sitting in my garage indefitely Hopefully that thing can cheer me up because I need it right now.
Sorry to read about your lost, Dave. I trust that your wife and you are holding up well.

Old 01-22-2006, 05:37 AM
LoL I love the pen

Old 01-22-2006, 06:49 PM
so are these 2 new mods for the revups? or for all? and how do they work with the MREV.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Sweet!!!! Can't wait to hear about them.

Old 01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Staff Alumni
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I said it back at post #250 in this thread, back on page 17. I think it still applies

Old 01-22-2006, 09:46 PM
wow, just as i was about to do a t/s flash for all my bolt ons...headers, etc..
there's some more power adders from m/d...........well, hurry up already!!!
don't want to flash now and then couple months flash again.....no, not that kind of flash!!

Old 01-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. I had to go through a similar circumstance a little while back.

Take it easy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2005 6MT Coupes.. +18wHP +22/29wTQ!? - A Thanks To Tony, Motordyne Engineering