Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

300hp engine,stronger? Not really...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
MRC.

I want to thank you for your research and reports on your comparison of the revup and non revup engine.

You have done, and are doing, what most are unable or havn't yet had the opportunity to do. Speculation can swirl around endlessly about the differences untill sombody actually opens one up and records the differences.

You are doing it!

Thank you. I'll keep watching in interest.
Tony

Old 11-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
MRC.

I want to thank you for your research and reports on your comparison of the revup and non revup engine.

You have done, and are doing, what most are unable or havn't yet had the opportunity to do. Speculation can swirl around endlessly about the differences untill sombody actually opens one up and records the differences.

You are doing it!

Thank you. I'll keep watching in interest.
Tony
Thank you,I have yet had free time for my Technician to mic the rod and piston.Upon closer inspection the rod end bolts are still bolts,however they are thicker.But they are not stud and bolt application.I will provide some details after the holidays.

Old 11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah let me know if aftermarket pistons can even work on my car... i think its pretty much safe to assume that your initial thoughts that there are no changes are wrong.. i guess ill just have to wait and find out.. also i would love an update with whats going on.. has the build started? are we gonna have to just assemble a stock block if the parts are different? im dying from suspense here

Last edited by paranormal; 11-23-2005 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by s130turbo
for the 11th billion time, the stock pulley has no damper in it whatsoever - the small rubber isolator is there ONLY to quiet the noise of the accessory belts.
If the small rubber isolator dampens the noise of the accessory belt, why would it not be considered a damper?

Old 04-15-2006, 11:49 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Thank you,I have yet had free time for my Technician to mic the rod and piston.Upon closer inspection the rod end bolts are still bolts,however they are thicker.But they are not stud and bolt application.I will provide some details after the holidays.
Which holidays? If it is Christmas, well...

Anymore insight?

Curious to know.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by DaveB
For the 11th trillion time, the fact that the rotating assembly is balanced (as most any late motor is) has nothing to do with the harmonics and torsional load placed on the crank as the combustion chambers are fired. I challange you to prove to me that the stock pulley is not a damper. I've got a whole load of information I can post up showing you that the crank pulley is in fact a damper. Every late model (1990+) engine I've ever seen has a elastomer ring sandwiched inside two seperate pulleys to form one unit and these pulleys are referred to as dampers. You'll also notice 4 to 5 dimples on the back side of the pulley. Those dimples balance the pulley to the weight of the crank.

I beg the question, if that elastomer ring was really there to quell belt noise (which makes sense), then why is the crank pulley the ONLY one with this design. All the other pulleys are solid one piece units. Does that really make sense?

A flywheel/torque converter act as a damper on drive end of the crank. So how are the harmonics and torsional load going to be negated on the other end of the crank? ....with a crank damper pulley.
So is the lower crank pulley the only item mounted onto the crankshaft snout? Or is their an actual dampner behind this pulley? I honestly doubt that this crankshaft is balanced with the rods/flywheel/dampner from infiniti, would just take too much time. The crankshaft is probably a zero or neutral balance and the rods, pistons, dampner are just suppose to weight in a given tolerance. I would almost bet the rod bearing was spun because he ran the motor low on oil.

Old 04-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
pardon my interruption, but it seems that EVERY G/Z that i have ever read/seen/heard of thats fi ends up with a blown motor. guess the vq doesn't work well under pressure

Old 04-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Never enough
Originally Posted by JDM_CPV35
pardon my interruption, but it seems that EVERY G/Z that i have ever read/seen/heard of thats fi ends up with a blown motor. guess the vq doesn't work well under pressure
Every one? lol, you might want to go over to the Z board and ask that question. There are a lot of boosted G,Z's with over 20k boosted.

Old 04-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Never enough
BTW Jimmy didnt this motor that MRC built also blow?

Old 04-16-2006, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by G352NV
BTW Jimmy didnt this motor that MRC built also blow?
Jimmy drove his car for 3000 miles untuned and despite our advise, boosted it, hard..It had nothing to do with our motor build, if that is what you are trying to imply..It was 100% driver neglect, as was his first one..It is unfortunate to see a customer blow his motor that we worked so hard on, and we are working with Jimmy to get him up and running as painless ad possible.