Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Just purchased the Autoenginuity OBDII w/ Nissan enhanced.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Palm OS has a lot of isuses that developers have to tackle. First, the addressible area of program memory can't exceed 8MB. Well our app. is larger then that now. Heck, even the GM light truck body controllers take that alone. For this reason the latest enhanced features are not ported over to the Palm.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:11 AM
We have CAN support today. The only thing not working is the CAN-BCM--and that's only because we can't find a car with one in it to trest against. Just so you guys know, Nissan has 14 controllers that communicate. We have support for half. The others are still being documented by Nissan. We actually sat with them for several hours two weeks ago trying to get as much as we can.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Us former maxima owners get er dun! hehe. A friend of mine set the deal up on the maxima forum.

Originally Posted by Foo_G
Hey Jeff, I am curious how did you hear about the tool?

Old 05-15-2006, 01:41 PM
Red Card Crew

Here is a list of all the command codes. It's quite large. I too am interested in trying to change the door lock feature. (one push to unlock all doors is what I prefer) and the headlight settings( I don't like having to scroll though the auto setting to get to the running light setting. If it's dark, it turns on the HID for a sec. Cycling the hid ballast is bad)

Originally Posted by jander04
Do you know if you can change the body computer settings custom headlight settings and illuminination delay with the software?

Old 05-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Originally Posted by Jay Horak
We have CAN support today. The only thing not working is the CAN-BCM--and that's only because we can't find a car with one in it to trest against. Just so you guys know, Nissan has 14 controllers that communicate. We have support for half. The others are still being documented by Nissan. We actually sat with them for several hours two weeks ago trying to get as much as we can.
Thanks for stopping in Jay and I appreciate your sharing the Group buy info that the Nissan guys get.

On another note:
If anyone in sarasota/tampa/orlando area want to see the tool in action first hand PM me and I will see if I can set up a mini meet of sorts in your area.

Old 05-15-2006, 02:03 PM
Red Card Crew

03 Type 1 sedan.

Sweet. You drive a sedan now or coupe?

Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Red Card Crew

Yeah I have one pic. Dig the sedan forum. I don't want to get into that in this thread.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:32 AM
If there is one thing I know it is that Jay and his team are commited to excellence. So if you are not sure about buying this yet becasue the Nissan codes are not complete well reat assured they will be done.

If I remember correctly their target date is 12/06 but I would have to defer confirmation of that to Jay. At any rate you get all the updates to the codes as they come out free for the first 12 months.

After 12 months there is a fee of 50 dollars to update but consider this; it is per device so if you end up buying all the other OE codes and they get changed and I am sure they will since the automobile is not static you will get all the update for a ll the codes you own.

You do not have to pay the update fee if there is nothing in the new codes set, just maintain your product version and wait for the need.

If your friend has a GM and you like helping them have them pay for the GM codes this builds your electronic tool box and helps them out of a jam. The next time they need help there is no diag fee and you will already own the codes so the purchase of the codes will have paid for itself in less than two diags.

Again if anyone is sarasota/tampa/orlando area wants to test the tool or the speedtracer dyno application let me know

Old 05-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Red Card Crew

I agree w/ Foo G. Hey I can rap!

The guys at Autoenginuity have one of the fastest customer service response times I have seen.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
The Autoenginuity Nissan Group Buy

Here is the run down on the group buy for those of you interested:
  1. Group Buy Code: zdayz
  2. Group Buy Cost: 280.00 each
  3. All order processing will be done through 480-326-6010 9-5 MT.
  4. Shipping costs are typically 12 USD.
  5. We do not pay any VAT or duties if you are importing into a country that has surcharges.
  6. We will declare the item at 100 USD to make life a lot easier.
  7. The item is a full retail 249.95 ST05 package with the Nissan enhanced.
  8. The updates for the scan tool are free.
  9. The updates to Nissan are free for the first 12 months and 50 if you want any updates after that.
  10. No updates are required at all. Essentially after this year there won’t be that much to do anyway as we are planning on completing Nissan through 07 by this fall.

We will ship all products in one big shipment to make sure we atleast get 10 participants. To avoid hassles with our resellers we need to at least hit a minimum quantity. The offer will last one full week from the first day of the program’s offering.

You can PM Jay Horak if oyu have any questions or post in here.

Product comparison:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/dloads/...Comparison.pdf
Nissan Enhanced code set:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/Nissan-...tems-List.html

Originally Posted by foo_g
I want to be very clear about this. I do not get anything from this other than the satisfaction of knowing you guys will be using something that I have found most useful for the past 2 years.

Last edited by Foo_G; 05-16-2006 at 06:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I agree w/ Foo G. Hey I can rap!

The guys at Autoenginuity have one of the fastest customer service response times I have seen.
Man drop some beat box in the background plus some scratchin and you got paltinum.

Old 05-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Here is the run down on the group buy for those of you interested:
  1. Group Buy Code: zdayz
  2. Group Buy Cost: 280.00 each
  3. All order processing will be done through 480-326-6010 9-5 MT.
  4. Shipping costs are typically 12 USD.
  5. We do not pay any VAT or duties if you are importing into a country that has surcharges.
  6. We will declare the item at 100 USD to make life a lot easier.
  7. The item is a full retail 249.95 ST05 package with the Nissan enhanced.
  8. The updates for the scan tool are free.
  9. The updates to Nissan are free for the first 12 months and 50 if you want any updates after that.
  10. No updates are required at all. Essentially after this year there won’t be that much to do anyway as we are planning on completing Nissan through 07 by this fall.

We will ship all products in one big shipment to make sure we atleast get 10 participants. To avoid hassles with our resellers we need to at least hit a minimum quantity. The offer will last one full week from the first day of the program’s offering.

You can PM Jay Horak if oyu have any questions or post in here.

Product comparison:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/dloads/...Comparison.pdf
Nissan Enhanced code set:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/Nissan-...tems-List.html

Forgot to add that this saves you 50 dollars off the website retail pricing.
249 for the connector and scatool software and 99 for the Nissan/Infiniti OE Enhanced Codes

Old 05-17-2006, 12:45 PM
Modded Member
I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly or not, but it seems that this is only a datalogging tool. You can see the values of multiple sensors and controllers in the vehicle, but you can't modify them, right?

Old 05-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly or not, but it seems that this is only a datalogging tool. You can see the values of multiple sensors and controllers in the vehicle, but you can't modify them, right?

Some can be controlled. What they are trying to unravel now are the bulk of the BCM codes.

If you like I can get a list of what will accept commands at this point. There development goal is to have the full Nissan enhanced codes set implemented by the end of the year. You will not have to pay for those improvements/add-ons when they come out but you have to have bought the OE Enhanced codes.

But say 12 months down the road Nissan decides to change a bunch of stuff on the NEW line of cars and you bought one of those cars say the GTR you would have to pay 50 bux to get the new enhancements.

Let me know if you need some clairfication on any of this. I can PM oyu Jay's email address.

Last edited by Foo_G; 05-17-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Red Card Crew

It does this yes. But with the Nissan enhanced option, it can also do active changes ala UpRev Cipher. But more.

Also this option would allow you to read many more sensors that the basic OBDII protocal doesn't. ie.. Nissan specific sensors

Originally Posted by vodkarocket

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just purchased the Autoenginuity OBDII w/ Nissan enhanced.