Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Just purchased the Autoenginuity OBDII w/ Nissan enhanced.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
I got the basic obdII stuff up and running yest. The Nissan enhanced says it's actived but it doesn't work. Jay was kind enough to email me a revised exe program for me to try. I'll try to get at it today/tomorrow.

Old 05-29-2006, 01:38 AM
Red Card Crew

Okay, I had to have another exe file sent to me to get the enhanced version going. It now reads a ton more sensors. There are a set of commands including timing that I tried. But I'm not 100% if I did it right. I just have to fool with it more. Updates as I try to get more time on it. There might also be an issue with me having an early sedan also Type I 2003.

Old 05-29-2006, 03:13 AM
Received 42 Likes on 15 Posts
I'd love to get this, but I allready have a Blitz R-Vit meter hooked up to my OBD port. I iwsh there was a way to either have both of them hooked up, or some kind of switch, so that you could switch between them. I use the R-Vit for everyday driving, but I'd like to have the ability to occasionally have my CarPC running something like this.

Oh well.

Dave

Old 05-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nissan and SpeedTracer Updates

We posted another version last night that adds MPG and Boost Pressure computations to the SpeedTracer. Also, the issue with Nissan support tables not installing for new users was resolved too.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Keep me psoted as to how its working for you. I hate having to manually force tables to install but the EXE i gave you should do it without any need from you but to copy it over.

That 03 should have ABS, airbags, and engine, possibly A/T. (It was that Maxima we are talking about -- right?) I have that EXACT car here on site so anytime you get stuck ask me and I can verify anyhitng you need.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
sweet! Thanks for the update.

Old 05-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Red Card Crew

Jay, I got the EXE program up and running fine. It connects and detects the Nissan sensors. It's odd that I have to hover my mouse pointer somewhere on the screen to get the enhanced (red tool box pull down) to show. But in the sensors tab, it also shows alot of extra sensors.

I tried to fiddle with the timing change command. It seems to default at -10 ( I don't know what stock is). It seemed to let me do it once. Then is says "you car is not able to do this function" or something like that. I tried this while the car was idling. Maybe the car has to be not running?

I'll try to fool with it again this week.

And I have a 03 G35 Sedan. One thing that might mix things up is I have a Type I version. The ecu is supposed to be different than the later G35 ecus.

But I did purchase this though the maxima Group Deal. But I specified the car I was running it on though the Paypal purchase.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:51 PM
hey jeff, have you tried out speedtracer yet? I just got my upgraded conector in and tested it briefly definitely works much better as pure usb vs the old serial to usb cable I was using for the past few years.

I emailed Jay to ask but figured I would ask you as well.... do you know if the OE Enhanced supports the body control module settings yet?

Also the red toolbox pull down... are you talking about the actuator tab at the bottom of the enhanced drive train screen? Do you have a screenshot of it if not. If it is what I think it is there is a pushpin to the right side of the tab once it pops up just click on it once and it will make the tab stay up.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Red Card Crew

No speed tracer yet. Haven't tried it. I had to have a beta 4.3 ver sent to be before it worked. Now it works and I do get enhanced features. YOu have to right click somewhere on the header to see the enhanced versions. Or to go one of the sensor screens to see what enhanced sensors are available to read.
I do get some at the bottom too. Listed as active commands. But I only get about 4-5 options(how many do you get??). I guess these are the engine options and is the default system. Jay said there might be more tranny/BCM options but you have to switch "systems" when the software is detecting the vehicle.

I'll try fooling with the tab you speak of. It's a pain to have to blindly right click and wait for it to come up. Yes, once up, it's red in color.

From Jay:

The active commands list comes from the vehicle. Each system will have
a
different list. So it will change as you change the system.

To select a different system, during the Vehicle Selection phase,
change the
System at the bottom. Then all your sensors, actuations, and system
tests
will change according to the vehicle's support.
I'll assume once you gain access to the tranny/BCM system. Whatever features are available to you will come up.

Originally Posted by Foo_G
hey jeff, have you tried out speedtracer yet? I just got my upgraded conector in and tested it briefly definitely works much better as pure usb vs the old serial to usb cable I was using for the past few years.

I emailed Jay to ask but figured I would ask you as well.... do you know if the OE Enhanced supports the body control module settings yet?

Also the red toolbox pull down... are you talking about the actuator tab at the bottom of the enhanced drive train screen? Do you have a screenshot of it if not. If it is what I think it is there is a pushpin to the right side of the tab once it pops up just click on it once and it will make the tab stay up.

Old 06-06-2006, 08:09 PM
I get about five or so engine options as well. I also ran into the timing adv issue you encountered. I think there i another tab that allows you to change the settings as well; I will check tomorrow.

When you say switch systems when the software is detecting are you refering to the generic, enhanced, abs and airbag selection at the bottom? If so did Jay say if there is a BCM system or is it wrapped in the enhanced powertrain codes.

I am going to tinker some more tomorrow to se eif I can get a better handle on the ignition adv settings. I did not get to fool with it much before I sent my connector back for upgrade and am eager to find out what can be done.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:01 AM
Got a reply back from AutoEnginuity about the BCM... They say the enhanced codes are in beta along with some other stuff.

In regards to the igntion adv.... I think last time I sent an illegalcommand rather setting. The ecu will only accept parameters that will work and if I remember correctly lat time I checked the box before changing the -10 value to a value that is acceptabe for the ecu.

The best thing to do is read what the existing setting is or refer to the shop manual and adv or ret from there. I'll try to test at lunch time today.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does this thing shut off cel's such as umm turbo produced CEL's to pass inspections? >=)

Old 06-07-2006, 09:18 AM
You can clear all codes from the ecu but not certain how long you would be able to go without the CEL coming back on though. Usually if a condition exist for a certain period of time or recurrs a certain number of times it will throw the code rather CEL again.

Last edited by Foo_G; 06-07-2006 at 09:51 AM. Reason: see PunKidd's post below
Old 06-07-2006, 09:40 AM
The ECU requires the car to be driven for a certain amount of time/miles under certain conditions so that it can run it's diagnostic routines after a reset. If you have not done enough driving after the reset and it has not run all the routines then it will not pass the inspection. It will tell the smog machine that it is not ready yet. If the problem still exists (or what the ECU thinks is a problem) then it is just going to keep throwing the CEL during diagnostics.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:50 AM
oh yeah I forgot about that... ^+1 on what PunKidd said.

Thanks for pointing that out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just purchased the Autoenginuity OBDII w/ Nissan enhanced.