Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G35? Find out the answer in here! (View All Posts)

Just purchased the Autoenginuity OBDII w/ Nissan enhanced.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
It does this yes. But with the Nissan enhanced option, it can also do active changes ala UpRev Cipher. But more.

Also this option would allow you to read many more sensors that the basic OBDII protocal doesn't. ie.. Nissan specific sensors
good catch I edited my post and added that you have to have bought the OE code option.

I jsut got mine updated yesterday and am about to go out side and start poking at things.

I found the OE codes very helpful with Ford/Lincoln products.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Modded Member
Any chance it can change rev limiter/fuel cutoff? If so, that alone will make this purchase worthwhile.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
This isn't the right way to think about this. Think of this unit as an OBDII + Nissan consult (but without full consult control).

So things like rev limiter and fuel cut off are most likely beyond the capability of this unit. (this is just my guess though)

BUT it can change timing within the consult limitations. ie.. +/- a few deg.

Originally Posted by vodkarocket
Any chance it can change rev limiter/fuel cutoff? If so, that alone will make this purchase worthwhile.

Old 05-17-2006, 02:24 PM
I passed your question to Jay and he states "We have no knowledge of how to do this."

I would think tere could be some big legal issues for this as well both with the acciedent issues and possibly with their licensing of the codes from nissan.

Old 05-19-2006, 03:29 AM
Red Card Crew

I just got mine. If my non-electronic butt can figure this out, I'll post how it goes. I need a lighter power adaptor for my laptop though

Old 05-19-2006, 07:04 AM
awesome. I am jealous becasue I had to send mine back to be updated. It is well worth the expense and the wait though. I have a laptop without a serial connector so I was havin to bridge from serial to usb using an IOGEAR cable. Lately the bridge has not been working all that great.

You might want to start out with the generic powertrain obd codes becasue those are just output. But then again I spoke with Jay the other day and he said the ECU will not allow you to set or perform any "illegal" settings/actions.

Old 05-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Red Card Crew

Received and loaded. But am waiting for the Nissan enhanced activation code from Jay. I should be able to to a simple hookup tonight.

Old 05-23-2006, 12:05 PM
I had an older unit and sent it back for an upgrade but well worth the money based on my experices with it.

I am going to move my OBDII port so it will be easier/convienent to hook up for dynos using speedtracer stage1 software.

Did you get the usb or serial connector?

Old 05-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Red Card Crew

USB. Where is the OBDII connector anyway?

Old 05-23-2006, 12:20 PM
in the 05 it is just under the steering wheel on the left and the notch faces the pedals. Mine is in a slight angle so that the top would be leaning slightly forward.

I am definitely moving it though because I have a 6MT and it will certainly be in the way when road dynoing

Old 05-23-2006, 07:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 stupid questions ( )

- this will let me bump the timing by +2degrees safely?

- I can use it on my g35 in addition to my dad's i30 and q45 to read the codes it throws out?

Old 05-23-2006, 08:03 PM
Red Card Crew

Yes it will allow you to change the timing a few deg either way. Whether it's "safe" is on you. It has protocalls for all OBDII connectors. Asian/domestic/European. There IS something odd about running this on older A31 chassis Maximas though. (that would included your I30). But the Q should be good to go for at least basic OBDII diagnostics. Which is one reason I have this.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:35 PM
I do beleive you will need a special adapter toaccess the OE enhanced codes for Niss/Infini older than 1999.

And yes you can tweak the timing +/- 2 degress IIRC. Jay told me that the car will not let the scantool do anything illegal or unhealthy to it. Essentially there are rules/protocols built in to the ECU to prevent stoopid mistakes

here is the GB infor:

Here is the run down on the group buy for those of you interested:

1. Group Buy Code: zdayz
2. Group Buy Cost: 280.00 each
3. All order processing will be done through 480-326-6010 9-5 MT.
4. Shipping costs are typically 12 USD.
5. We do not pay any VAT or duties if you are importing into a country that has surcharges.
6. We will declare the item at 100 USD to make life a lot easier.
7. The item is a full retail 249.95 ST05 package with the Nissan enhanced.
8. The updates for the scan tool are free.
9. The updates to Nissan are free for the first 12 months and 50 if you want any updates after that.
10. No updates are required at all. Essentially after this year there won’t be that much to do anyway as we are planning on completing Nissan through 07 by this fall.

We will ship all products in one big shipment to make sure we atleast get 10 participants. To avoid hassles with our resellers we need to at least hit a minimum quantity. The offer will last one full week from the first day of the program’s offering.

You can PM Jay Horak if oyu have any questions or post in here.

Product comparison:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/dloads/...Comparison.pdf
Nissan Enhanced code set:
http://www.autoenginuity.com/Nissan-...tems-List.html

Old 05-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Yes it will allow you to change the timing a few deg either way. Whether it's "safe" is on you. It has protocalls for all OBDII connectors. Asian/domestic/European. There IS something odd about running this on older A31 chassis Maximas though. (that would included your I30). But the Q should be good to go for at least basic OBDII diagnostics. Which is one reason I have this.

It's a 2001 I30.....accoridng to the web that's the A33 chasis (not a31).......

Old 05-23-2006, 09:51 PM
Yeah man you should be golden.

Our enhanced Nissan interface supports code retrieval/resetting, sensors, and actuations from the engine, BCM, transmission, ABS, airbags, 4WD systems, and CAN systems. Coverage includes the Work Support configuration commands such as Target Idle Ignition Adjustment; with it you can permanently advance your ignition timing to gain few extra HP. Trouble code retrieval includes the NATS 5.0 system and the detailed status byte support. Finally, we seamless integrate CAN and non-CAN systems so that you won't have to worry about switching hardware to retrieve all the troubles codes from each module.

System Tests:

Self-Diagnostic (Airbag)

ECU Part Number (Airbag)

Diagnostics Record (Airbag)

Reset ECU (Powertrain)

Work Support/Configuration Functions (Some 01+ and Most '03+)

Target Idle Ignition Adjustment

Target Idle RPM Adjustment

Idle Air Volume Learn

Click here for a complete list of coverage: Nissan-specific sensors and systems.

1996-1999 support will require new stand-alone hardware sold separately. (Coming Soon)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just purchased the Autoenginuity OBDII w/ Nissan enhanced.