Engine-Vendor Includes cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.

Lighten your G with a Z1 1pc Aluminum Driveshaft, Crank pulley and Idler Delete!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drive shaft shipped to 96854 as well as the ams pulley set if it includes the crank if not that as well.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you use the light weight crank pulley with a light weight flywheel.
Also how much for the Drive shaft shipped to 34741.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
hi all,

For the driveshaft, if you click on the link on the first page, it'll say "item not found" because they are currently sold out. I called them this morning and they said it would be at least a week before additional driveshafts are in. Once they're back in stock, the link will work again.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:50 PM
hi all,

For the driveshaft, if you click on the link on the first page, it'll say "item not found" because they are currently sold out. I called them this morning and they said it would be at least a week before additional driveshafts are in. Once they're back in stock, the link will work again.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:59 PM
hi all,

Old 06-12-2012, 08:49 AM
They are supposed to be in tomorrow...

Old 06-13-2012, 08:32 AM
Did they arrive?

Old 06-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Just called them again and found out that these are not back in stock yet. They said to check the website link or call back in one week from today. Tried to reserve/pre-order one as well but they are not set up to take those either.

Looks like it'll be a mad rush for these when they do get in, kind of like the new MacBook pro with retina display.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:12 PM
lol buddy wanted a full payment from me to reserve one; why would I pay for something on a promise...looks like the delays are already starting.

Old 06-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Hey Z1,

How many driveshafts are you expecting to arrive next week? How long will it be before stock is readily available?

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Z1Motorsports
Let me know if you have any questions!
I have two questions...

1. I noticed in the undercarriage shot you use of the ds installed there doesn't seem to be a ds loop. A ds loop is a safety reqirement at my local strip, Mission Raceway, and at most strips for cars running aftermarket shafts. Also from a safety point a loop helps to prevent the shaft from entering the passenger compartment in the event of a ds failure.

This is the reason our cars have two shafts, with rear seats in our cars there were concerns during design with a one-piece shaft and what could happen if it failed, two smaller length shafts are less likely to enter the passenger compartment if they suffer a failure.

2a. Were these Independantly tested to failure by a Lab that performs such testing and if so what were the results? If not, why?

Old 06-17-2012, 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Dr. Ephil
I have two questions...

1. I noticed in the undercarriage shot you use of the ds installed there doesn't seem to be a ds loop. A ds loop is a safety reqirement at my local strip, Mission Raceway, and at most strips for cars running aftermarket shafts. Also from a safety point a loop helps to prevent the shaft from entering the passenger compartment in the event of a ds failure.

This is the reason our cars have two shafts, with rear seats in our cars there were concerns during design with a one-piece shaft and what could happen if it failed, two smaller length shafts are less likely to enter the passenger compartment if they suffer a failure.

2a. Were these Independantly tested to failure by a Lab that performs such testing and if so what were the results? If not, why?
These are very good questions! However, I noticed that the G37 coupe also has a 2-piece driveshaft, but the GTR, which also allows passengers in the back, has a 1pc drive shaft as well.

Under what circumstances could the driveshaft enter the cabin?

Old 06-18-2012, 01:56 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
The chassis/wheelbase for the G35/37 are basically identical so the same design concern regarding a one-piece shaft means the G37 also gets a two-piece shaft. The shorter shafts are more likely to deflect off the undercarriage and roadway than enter the cabin. Also the catapult effect is severely lessened with shorter shafts, a one-piece steel shaft can launch a car through the air quite easily if the front is dragging on the road and catches a pothole or digs a groove in it. This is also when it could enter the passenger compartment.

I'm not positive but I believe the R35 one-piece shaft is carbon fibre which will shred if it fails and not enter the passenger compartment like a steel one could or catapult it. A shaft and/or components can fail for many reasons...accident, faulty part, bad install, overstressed by torque etc. I guess the G didn't get a carbon fibre shaft like the 350Z is due to cost control.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:28 PM
Bump!

Old 06-20-2012, 01:05 AM
When will this be in stock again?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lighten your G with a Z1 1pc Aluminum Driveshaft, Crank pulley and Idler Delete!!!