FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Hyper-Ground Kit

I could only see a #4 EFX and the EFX-2. Anyway, it's the P4-C125 / P4-C250
Power-EFX-2 4 Gauge
I liked the clear jacket on the cable.[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

Old 04-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] I may make a set for myself, but may use the gold plated terminals.[img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>Merlin</font color=blue>

Old 04-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same questoin as above.. how do you konw where to ground it at? grounding points?

..pestilence..

Old 04-09-2003, 05:26 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Easy the figure out bro. You can see on Gordgee's install and mine where the points are. Let me know when you're ready and I'll email the instructions. Simple dude.....[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Administrator

I had my Infiniti service guy take a drive today as I figured he'd driven enough G35s to know if the feel with the Hyper Grounding kit is different or not.

Throughout the drive, he had a thoughtful look on his face and then started 'playing' with it a bit. He noticed immediately how smooth it felt throughout the rev band. Also thought that it sounded distinctly "different" but didn't elaborate. Felt that the throttle was a bit more responsive as well. I noticed in the passenger seat that the exhaust tone seems to be less 'raspy' -ie. buttery smooth at high RPM.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
He definitely thought the mod was worth it.[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2003, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Well, I installed a 6th ground wire last night, running from the front of the engine to the right side chassis ground point of the engine bay. Not sure if it makes much difference over the standard 5 wire set. I've heard that some improvements can be had up to 10 wires. I was a bit skeptical before initial install and am now very impressed with the basic 5, so I might still consider experimenting.

Old 04-12-2003, 06:49 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey bro, That was interesting that your tech guy should notice a diff in smoothness. I'm not surprised by this: to me the diff is so obvious. I wonder what he meant by a difference in sound? Have you noticed any difference in starting? Mine started fine b4, but after the install the starting is so much more crisp and sure. I'm as impressed with starting as I am with the smoothness.
You connected your 6th wire to the front of the Intake, instead of from the rear where InSaNeAmine suggested. Was that for convenience?
He's made up a 6th and 7th wire for me to complete my install. They will arrive this week.
You mentioned up to 10 wires. What's the details of the others?
This mod looks like a winner, especially if you make up your own wires.
Took the Coupe for a ride to Mississauga today to meet Rumble and netted 32 mpg's at steady hwy speed. I was pleased about that. Not as good as the Sedan but not bad.
Nice to see the sun, no snow, and warm. How's things your end? Get those snows off again?........L8r bro....[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 04-12-2003, 09:01 PM
Administrator

<font color=blue>Photograph © 2003 GroundingGear Ltd. Reproduction and distribution prohibited without prior written consent. </font color=blue>

I'm not sure re the starting. Might be better or maybe just in my head.
He thought the engine sounded smoother, more consistently all the way up the rev band. Some tech guy on my350z said it should help the air con last longer but I'm not sure why. Re the 10 wires, I read somewhere that the grounding kit can make a difference with up to 10 wires, after that, nahda. Can't remember where I read it though.
The front of the engine just seemed to make sense as it's the second principal ground point. Also looks much cleaner. (See pic) Takes a 29" wire.
32 MPG! That's pretty darned good! So is that an increase with the ground kit?
Great weather last week, snow tires off again. Almost all the snow's gone.

40349-Hyper Ground Wires, 7 Wire Angle View.JPG

Old 04-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Administrator

BTW, I made up a 27" wire running from the rear left of the intake manifold down to a point directly on the transmission housing. (see pic) I'm not sure if this will work any differently from just a 10" wire to the tranny filler tube, but I thought it might. After all, why are we running the hyper grounds anyway if the stock components conduct so well right? Hey, and it's a relatively cheap mod right?
During a quick test drive to the video store, it seems that the response from the tranny is just a little bit quicker and shifts re more deliberate, but smoother if that makes any sense. Again, not as dramatic as the basic 5 wire installation, but I believe noticeable. Maybe I'll take the service guy for another run next week![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

40354-Hyper Ground Wires,Tranny.JPG

Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 PM
Administrator

Today, I floored it from a roll a couple of times. The tranny seems to shift a bit quicker and I noticed that up around 4k-5k RPM, when I took my foot off the acc pedal, it didn't immediately upshift, as though it anticipated my flooring it again, ie. seems to keep it longer in the higher rev band. I don't remember it responding that way before. Hard shifts seem little crisper, and gentle throttle shifts seem a little more subdued. Not sure if it's not just in my head though as I'm a real skeptic. Anyone else tried the extra wires yet?

BTW, when I made the extra cables, I bought enough to make someone a set if they're interested. Cost me about $63 for the material, taxes included for the 5 wire set. If anyone is interested, I'll make up a set you can have for about $70 CDN. Of course, this means I'm not making any more than my gas back, but I kinda like the thought of a piece of my handiwork in the ride of one of my G buddies.

Old 04-14-2003, 09:20 PM

Gordgee, sent you a PM.

Mike

Limited Edition Twilight Blue / Premium / Graphite / Xenons

Old 04-16-2003, 04:18 PM

this is so ludicrous. the original JDM grouding kits were sold for old-*** cars like AE86s and FC3Ss, etc. cuz they had sh*t for alternators and the grounds were all corroded n rusted. the old cars would hiss and miss due to low fuel pump voltage + lack of juice to the coils, etc.

your G35s are brand spankin new. It runs a heavy duty amp that puts out plenty of juice (compared to the old 70A alternators my FC3S had). The grounds are healthy and I'm sure if you actually busted out a multi-meter, the voltage loss at ANY point in the chassis should/would be minimal relative to the alternator/battery.

until someone runs 10 dyno runs showing more than just 1-2hp difference along w/ a measurable voltage increase, i'm going to attribute all the 'perceived improvement' to psychosomatics.

=============
90 Miata 140K mi
02 Saab 9-3

Old 04-16-2003, 05:20 PM

10 runs at 10 bucks a pop

G35C 6 MT
Volk GTC 19'x8.5' front; 19'x9.5' rear
Dunlop Sport 9000 245/35/19 front; 275/35/19 rear

Old 04-19-2003, 07:40 PM
Administrator

I was a skeptic as well prior to installing my Grounding Kit. I probably wouldn't have even tried it if I had to buy the Nissan kit sold in Japan for $200 USD. But after reading the positive experiences of ppl like GSM and the many over at my350Z.com, I figured it was worth a try. The basic 5 wire kit makes a VERY immediately noticeable difference, even my Infiniti service advisor thought so.

I spoke last week with some of the Electrical Engineers in the hospital that I work. They are unsure about exactly what it does as well, but do not doubt that it may work. They said that it probably has more to do with a change in impedence rather than resistance. They have found that with some of the very sensitive hospital instruments that start to behave erratically plugged into different outlets in the same room on the same circuit, if they start running extra grounds or change ground points around, it can make a big difference! Anyway, I'm not an EE, but I do know about psychology and placebo effects. The extra smoothness is real!

April 'Turbo & High-Tech Performance' mag was also skeptical, but their dyno runs showed improvements in every case. Quote: <font color=green>"Overall, we were amazed at the power gains these cars generated with the Hyper Ground System."</font color=green> Their dyno run on a modded RX-7 TT showed a 15.3 HP increase at 6500 RPM!!! I doubt an otherwise stock G will see anything close to that, but I'm sure there're gains to be had. I don't need dyno runs that cost more than the mod to try to convince me of that![img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-24-2003, 09:30 PM
Administrator

At the dealer today, a tech was looking under the hood (for the A/C noise) and noticed the Grounding Kit. When the service advisor that took my car for a ride remarked about the noticeable difference the grounding seemed to make, the tech said "I'm not surprised."

He said that they have been running a separate ground wire from the MAF to the computer in some of the Nissans and they notice a marked improvement in engine performance. I didn't get a chance to ask him to elaborate.

Sounded interesting and a possible future 8th wire for me.[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

GSM, have you noticed any difference since the addition of 6 & 7 in your coupe yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread