FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Well, I just finished making my own Hyper Grounding cables. Just waiting now for the weather to get warm enough to install them.

For those interested in making your own, I thought my experiences might be useful:

I thought about using just black 4 ga. Welding cable. The good quality stuff is about $1.75 / ft. CDN. It’s kind of ugly and figured that it wouldn’t really look that good, and I wasn’t sure about high frequency effects, etc.

I called around and found the REALLY good, ie. chemical & temperature resistant, high strand 99.9 % oxygen-free copper cable runs up to $8 / ft. depending on where you call. I found <font color=blue>SCOSCHE EFX2</font color=blue> cable and managed to get it for $4 / foot. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have my own heavy duty crimper, heat gun (for the heat-shrink tubing), and other miscellaneous supplies. With the cable, quality copper terminals, and heat-shrink, it still cost me $60 plus tax, as well as several hours to make my set! So the guy selling the 5 wire kit for $75 USD isn’t too far off.

<font color=red>[Edit addition Feb 2/04] <font color=green> I’ve been asked several times if I still supply GroundingGear™ kits for forum members.

I offer GroundingGear™kits in limited quantities as a courtesy to our forum members. This is the same GroundingGear™ as sold by various OEM Dealerships, including Infiniti/Nissan, Lexus, Subaru, Honda, VW/Audi, etc. for $200 to $260 CDN and forum member price is less than what I wholesale at cost to the dealers (I consider you guys as my R&D, just post your impressions, and feed back on the forum). This is the only place where I sell direct and only for the G35 though many other Custom and Universal kits are available. I refuse to compete with the prices of the ‘knock-off’ kits made in a basement somewhere as it would alienate the authorized dealers of GroundingGear™, however, my price has been the same as reputable suppliers like Z-Xtreme. If you are interested in being Equipped with authentic GroundingGear™, PM me.</font color=green>

<font color=red>[Edit addition Mar 26/04] <font color=green>Since some have asked, if anyone wants a

GroundingGear™ Activated Carbon HEPA Filter at the same time as your[b] GroundingGear™, I'll include the shipping costs of the filter at the same time with the S&H of the GroundingGear™ set.

For some quick answers, feedback & other sources:

The Hyper-Ground FAQ and The GroundingGear™ Story

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

37783-Hyper Ground Wires 003.JPG

Old 05-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Administrator
Re: Hyper-Ground Kit

Now a view of the 'guts'.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

49516-Lugs 2.JPG

Old 05-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Administrator

<font color=blue>I’ve decided to make this thread sticky to provide info for those looking at Hyper-Ground Kits as a possible safe, economical mod and for others to provide feedback. </font color=blue>

Some sources to purchase Hyper-Ground Kits Commercially:

http://www.tornactive.com/pd_hyper.cfm

www.nismo.com ( http://164.46.112.185/NissanParts/SkylineV35/Engine.htm)

http://www.sunautomobile.com

www.Z-Xtreme.com

http://www.stillen.com/sportscars_detail.asp?cat=2&subcat=201&id=30208&pa ge=1

<font color=blue>I'm also making GroundingGear™ available in limited quantities to forum members. Please PM me if interested or for questions.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Some Info to follow at my350z.com. Also do a search there for grounding kits.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=1

Old 05-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re your picture of the two lugs, which lug is the "good" one?

<font color=blue>Dan</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by dspisak on 05/10/03 06:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 05-10-2003, 02:06 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say the one on the 'Wight'.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Gordgee, do I win a pwize?[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 05-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Ding-Ding! You win! You guessed the "wight one"![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Call me for a free 2-line psychotherapy session.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img] Just a thought. What about grounding your 'penny racer' Merlin? The extra weight of the 4 Ga. would do wonders for traction.

Old 05-10-2003, 11:45 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may just try that. Not having much luck changing it into a real one.[img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2003, 06:22 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

hey Gord, What's the latest on the '8th' wire? I can't find your post on it but it seems that the air sensor was grounded to the ECU or was it to ground? Sounds intriguing......[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-12-2003, 07:52 PM
Administrator

Haven't tried it yet. Too busy doing spring cleaning around the house. Also too lazy to look for the computer location in the car. Have you noticed anything with your addition of # 6 & 7? I'm trying to get the Infiniti guy to take mine for another spin to tell me his impressions.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:00 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Nothing from the 'seat of the pants detector'. If there is any diff. it's not as noticable as the oringinal 5. Having said that I'm not about to take any off.
If you hear any more, or have any more thoughts about '#8' let me know. L8r bro........[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=green>GSM</font color=green>

Old 05-12-2003, 11:29 PM

after installing the wires and test driving, this is what i thought.... "hmm... i think its a little smoother~" it was definitly not a dramatic difference in terms of smoothes and throttle repsonse. after all the G is already a smooth car to begin with~

Friends don't let friends drive stock

Old 05-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Where did you get your kit? 5 or 7 wires?

Thanks for posting.

Old 05-13-2003, 09:43 AM

I've been following this thread with interest. I don't doubt the seat of the pants feelings of smoothness and responsiveness that users have been experiencing. One question I have is why the heavy duty cables and connectors? There can't be that much current or voltage through the grounding wires. Is it necessary to use such expensive components?

Old 05-13-2003, 12:01 PM

I'm thinking of getting this kit: http://www.tornactive.com/pd_hyper.cfm

Can anyone tell me if it's a quality kit...do you think the kit at Z-Extreme is as good (it's only $75)? Thanks

Old 05-13-2003, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Oilers_rule:

It's not current that is as much of a factor as is impedence and the cleanliness of the signal. That's the reason for the high quality of the cable.

slinkyboi5:

Not sure who has tried the tornactive cables. You have to remember that the commercially made cables are more expensive due to distribution and profit margins. The NISMO cables are $200 USD and one of the guys over at my350z.com bought them. Made his own, found no difference, and sold the NISMO set I believe.

GSM has the Z-Extreme cables made by insaneamine and is happy with his.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread