FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

I finally convinced my nephew to put a set of GroundingGear™ in his 2001 Civic DX. He'd always complained of the thing being underpowered and thought about getting another car.

In exchange for him tweaking my computer network, I did his car this week.

The thing on my pre-drive was incredibly slow, at least compared with our Gs of course. Shifts on the AT were ridiculous! After grounding, the shifts were still slow, but a little crisper. The throttle response was markedly improved. Engine less buzzy. Not sure if I noticed anything else.

He called me later to tell me that on a short stretch of road near his house, where he's never been able to take it above 90 (Km/h) before, he hit 120! He thought the car felt significantly improved overall in terms of feel, but he wan't able to verbalize the differences (not a car guy), but "The gas pedal seems to do more now!"

<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 07-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Administrator

I did a heavily modded VW 1.8T recently. It has just about every trick including exhaust, suspension, flywheel, bigger turbo, rigid engine mounts, SAMCO Turbo Set, Wetterauer Chip, etc., etc.

The funny thing is, when it's started up, even at idle the exhaust rattles against the lowered rear valence. The first thing the owner noticed when he started the car up after I installed GroundingGear™ is that it now idled so smooth that the banging was gone! One of his buddies at the VW dealer was startled to find how much smoother it was. Because of the rigid mounts and the lightened flywheel, the vibration that could be felt through the steering wheel was apparently quite significant pre-GroundingGear™. Also the tach variation was greatly reduced at idle. He said that the first time he drove it home, at times he thought the engine had stopped when he no longer noticed the vibrations.[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Similar to most of the other vehicles I've done, the throttle response improved, and seemed to pull smoother without the slight dead spots it used to have. The VW dealer is now asking about GroundingGear™ through my distributor.

308388-IMG_0620 copy.jpg

Old 09-24-2004, 10:16 AM
Administrator

I have now completed the development and testing on the 8-Wire GroundingGear™ Performance System for the 6MT 350Z(upgrade from the 6 or 6+1 System).

One tester simply stated that it makes a noticeable improvement in throttle response over the basic package and was worth the up-grade.

Another tester was Rick, the GM at the local Infiniti Nissan Dealer. Rick has one of my earliest 6-Wire Systems in his car. He's always noticed the benefits of GroundingGear™ in his wife's G35 and his Supercharged Frontier, both automatics. With his Track 350Z, he states that it seemed to be more noticeable during certain weather conditions (humidity?) and "Not so much at other times. I think it may make more difference with automatics than with manuals." (This hasn't been the feedback otherwise). He's the only 350Z that's reported this experience. Needless to say, I've been wanting to do the "add-ons" on Rick's car since the successful results of the testing on the G35. I was quite pleased with my impressions of the throttle response after installing the 2 supplimental wires, but of course, it's Rick's impressions that were most important, especially since he knows his car.

His reported impressions yesterday after 1 week:
"It makes a noticeable improvement now, especially in 1st and 2nd gear! Pulls harder and it's more responsive. No difference in the upper end, and no change in gas mileage. No longer weather dependent. (For my car) it’s added a lot of performance over even the basic set."