FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

Vince gave me feedback on his Jetta TDI yesterday. He says that he noticed that it now starts better and smoother, idles smoother, runs smoother, and seems to be more responsive. He didn't notice what the shifting was like pre-GroundingGear™, but says it shifts very crisply and decisively. He is also developing a "high idle" circuit to warm up the diesel quicker in cold weather (this is Edmonton after all!). He said the first thing he noticed is that the high idle which used to fluctuate 150 to 200 RPM, is now almost rock solid!

I didn't want to influence his perceptions with comments on my pre and post drives the day of the install, but I noticed the more stable idle, and smoother running and better throttle response. I took note of the shifting and thought it had improved as well.

He spoke with his electrical engineer friends on the W/E re the theory about why H-G systems should work, and they basically told him similar things that came up with my EEs over the course of last year! He's still amazed and wants me to try it on his dad's Ford diesel truck and another V-10 equipped vehicle.

He says that I can now add AUTOBRAUN Distributors Inc to the list of sources on the back of my business card! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>[i]GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=blue>

Old 06-22-2004, 03:41 PM
Administrator

My next door neighbour (with the GroundingGear™ Equipped Voyager) has a son, Kelly. They didn't tell Kelly that they 'modded' the minivan.

Kelly drove the thing last W/E, and he wondered what they had done to the car. I spoke with him yesterday, and he noticed the same things as Cheryl and Glen did. Stated he noticed immediately the better throttle response, acceleration, and shifting! Also the increased smoothness. Was very surprise when he found out it was "just a bunch of wires".[img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

So, add another 'blind tester' to the list.

Old 06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Administrator

The biggest challenge yet. I've never done a BIG HP and TQ engine before, certainly not many of the Domestic V8s, etc. Vince at Autobraun, to see if GroundingGear™ can do anything for some of the North American vehicle market since he distributes to those dealerships as well, wants more user feedback from this market.

Next door to Vince’s warehouse is an Automotive Electrical specialty shop run by an Electrical Technician with decades in the automotive business. He drives a 2000 FORD F250 with the Triton V10 engine and claims to know his truck and its behavior inside out. He spoke with his friend, a senior teaching prof of automotives at the local college and stated that “I’ve never seen him think one of these types of mods might work before, but he thought about it, and instantly said it might work, based on the theory I read in your (information package)! It made sense to him too, and he’s always been skeptical of these kinds of things! So Vince asked me, and I’m willing to give it a try.”

From what I know of the Triton, it has about 310 HP and 425 TQ! I’m not sure if the modest increases in power shown on dyno runs with H-G systems will be noticeable. Also, since this is a testing of the potential benefits of my Universal Series Systems which are 6 wire, I feel in all fairness I should only use 6, though I will custom length them to his truck. I’ve already identified good grounding points for 8 wires, not including the transmission, so I’ll have to determine the best 6 rather than do the 7 or 8 I’d be most comfortable with. Well, we’ll see if GroundingGear™ will make a difference of any kind![img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I’m sure the rest of the skeptics are waiting with great interest. I do his truck tomorrow morning, and he takes it out of town on a long road trip towing a 5th wheel (large tailer).

On a different note, the Mazda dealership’s Business Manager was so impressed with the effect of GroundingGear™ on the MazdaSpeed Miata, the Mazda 3 and the RX-8, that he’s having me do his car. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Well, I installed the GroundingGear™ onto the Triton V-10 yesterday morning. I took the truck out for a drive prior to the installation to get some “before” impressions. I have to say, I was impressed with smoothness and torque of that huge engine! I actually was afraid that the GroundingGear™ wouldn’t do anything noticeable.

After the install, Bruce and I went for a drive. He noticed that his idle seemed to be a bit more stable and settled down quicker. The engine seemed a bit more responsive, and smoother as well. He didn’t notice any difference in up-shifting of the tranny, but the downshifting was quicker and more defined. He then locked the tranny into gear “to take the transmission out of the picture” and did a few full throttle accelerations. “It definitely seems to pull harder!”

Brian is taking the truck out for a long road-trip this W/E towing a 5th wheel and will provide me with written comments on his return.

Old 07-03-2004, 01:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does he explain why a truck with 410 foot-lbs of torque pulls harder? I know that with the G35 and with my MB 320, the wires seem to make it pull harder as well, but with that much torque to begin with, it doesn't seem possible! The smoothness I can believe as well, but my 5 wire kits don't seem to make much difference in shifting.

I follow this super-long thread regularly by the way. It's very informative, especially with the work you're doing on other cars and trucks. On behalf of a few members here and on a few other boards, thanks a bunch for all your work. Many of us wouldn't have even tried grounding kits if not for the information you've provided.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Thanks for your encouraging words.

I have no idea why it should pull harder. He says he know his truck extremely well, so I have to believe his impressions. I doubt there is enough TQ increase to explain this, but only a dyno would tell for sure. It may be just the increased throttle response that would give the impression of pulling harder. He wrote down his impressions from his first day of driving so he wouldn't forget, and said: "Lower idle, quicker throttle response, better acceleration."

Bruce has been a Certified Electronic Engineering Technician with over 21 years in the automotive's field. He was initially skeptical, however has also discussed this with others and much of it made sense to him. He said he would provide me with a counter to the comments that "The only way adding grounds would work is if your OEM grounds are dirty or corroded to begin with." He says that most ppl don't realize that the grounding paths on this type of application are not simply passive. I'll post his theory or statement when he gives it to me.

BTW, he did not notice any difference in towing the trailer last W/E, nor any change in gas mileage. He thinks it possibly might change over the longer term, so he'll continue to monitor it. What he did notice was the significant increase in smoothness at idle. He said he can harly tell the engine is on now at idle based on vibration through the steering wheel, etc. The wheel used to give him very slight feedback before.

He is the one that helped Autobraun develop the 'high-idle' circuit for the VW diesel. Bruce says that prior to the H-G, the idle fluctuated regardless of what they did. Now it's stable, and they even had to dial it back a bit since the idle went up higher than their target. It seems to have made the circuit more efficient/effective. Interesting stuff!

Old 07-07-2004, 02:33 PM

It's interesting that most of the skeptics say that the grounds can't possibly do anything unless there is a problem with grounding in the first place. I know several Electrical Engineers that would disagree, but their explanations are way beyond me. It's also interesting that the idle is so affected in so many cars. It's quite noticeable in my vehicles, and certainly shows that the grounds are doing at least something, even if it's not creating horsepower or torque! The skeptics don't seem to have any answer to that.

A collegue put a set in his Lexus. He was quite pleased with the extra smoothness and throttle response. Also seemed to shift better. He joked about how bad Lexus must put together cars for some wires to make such a difference!

To me and several friends that have tried them, the grounding is the best bang for the buck mod out there. A few of my circle of friends doesn't believe in mods at all, but they'll do this as their only modification to get the extra smoothness which is quite noticeable. I'm trying to talk one of my friends that has the new BMW 7er into a set. Any chance you'd have a custom set for it?

Old 07-07-2004, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ck you'll find many naysayers only believe in what they can comprehend. There are plenty of openminded folks out there too. Just because a theory is in conflict with what one knows does not render a theory wrong (or enstien would have given up thanks to newton). Many folks only buy into what they can see and touch and understand.

2003.5 DP 5AT Sedan (E-thing but Nav)
14.2 @ 97.18
Z-Tube
K&N Drop In & Airbox Mod
10 Wire Hyper-Ground
Crawford Plenum (V4)
UR Crank Pulley
Polk EX-3500 Tweeters/Shock Sensor/H-Liner
<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by SixFive on 07/07/04 11:48 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-08-2004, 12:47 AM

Sixfive,

Is your email working...I have had two bounch back to me lately and I just tried again fyi. I am looking to add wires 8-10.

John
03.5 G35 5AT 14.2 @ 96
7 Wire Grounding Kit
K&N CAI w/Injen Heat Shield
UR UD Crank Pulley
NISMO Mid Pipe
Crawford V 5.0
02 Maxima SE 4AT 14.5 @ 95 (Wife's)
87 Mustang GT 13.2 @ 107

Old 07-14-2004, 10:38 PM
Re: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Gordon,

I just finished installing your 7 wire red colored kit (6 wires installed now) on my G this past weekend. I had the Sun Hyperground kit with clear wires originally installed and removed them because the sheilds turned from clear to tarnished yellow. I had the Sun 5 wire kit on and as you can see by the photo's below, the Grounding Gear wire kit I installed this weeked really make a difference in appearance! The smoothing effect is similar but I hope after installing the 7th wire when I can get my car up, that shifting smooths out even more! Love my H-G kit from Grounding Gear, Ltd. I can't thank you enough Gordon and I really appreciate your prompt service, your high quality and your fantastic price!

Here's the old Sun kit

'03.5 Silver/Graphite/5AT/4 Dr/Prem/Sprt/Aero/Winter
...Help - Someone's fallen and I'm not getting out of my G!!!

300117-P1010043T.JPG

Old 07-14-2004, 10:47 PM

Here's my Gordee Grounding kit in red!

'03.5 Silver/Graphite/5AT/4 Dr/Prem/Sprt/Aero/Winter
...Help - Someone's fallen and I'm not getting out of my G!!!

300124-Car Shots 071404 (12)t.jpg

Old 07-14-2004, 11:58 PM

I just installed the additional three wires (TCU) to my seven wire kit and it rocks. Shifting is greatly improved. I'm not sure it could get much better. Delays in manumatic and automatic are virtually eliminated. I would think it could rival a true manual in most cases at this point. An exellent product (and now I know how to take my glovebox out). Gordon does a great job. Quality workmanship and superior service. Thanks GG.

03.5 5AT-S (Black-Willow-Premium-Sport-Aero-10 Wire GroundingGear™-Silverstars-PIAA LEDs-PopCharger-Z Tube-Tint-Stillen Dual Exhaust)

Old 07-15-2004, 09:12 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Now that you know how to take the glove box apart, you can change
your own in-cabin air filter as well! Gord sells a charcoal one that
is great!

2003 TwBlue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards, HKS exhaust,
14 wire Grounding kit, 350Z duct, Stillen CAI
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled alum pedals

Old 07-16-2004, 01:58 AM

Did it at the same time. Thankfully I read both sets of instructions first before I did one mod and put the glove box back in. I'm thinking Infiniti was trying to make a few service bucks with the placement of that filter.

03.5 5AT-S (Black-Willow-Premium-Sport-Aero-10 Wire GroundingGear™-Silverstars-PIAA LEDs-PopCharger-Z Tube-Tint-Stillen Dual Exhaust)

Old 07-16-2004, 06:41 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Those Bast*rds want around $100 to replace the in-cabin filter!
I paid for my first change. The second was done by myself using
Gord's charcoal filter during my ECU/TCU wire install. Never again
will the dealer get my money for something that is actually quite easy.

2003 TwBlue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards, HKS exhaust,
14 wire Grounding kit, 350Z duct, Stillen CAI
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled alum pedals

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread