FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

and last one, a close up of one of the connections

04 Black G35C 6MT | Premium | Navigation

170728-groundkit_2.JPG

Old 01-15-2004, 11:36 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good. Thanks for the pics.

<font color=green>GroundingGear™ Equipped </font color=green>

Old 01-15-2004, 02:15 PM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What a shame. It looks like Gordon is a true hero!

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled aluminum pedals

Old 01-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Administrator

The problem is that the internet makes us all faceless. Anyone can represent him/herself as anyone! For all we know, rippedoffz could be a disgruntled lover or something! (Not saying that, and apologies re any inferences guys or gals). I've only had a little to do with the guy at homecast, and it's been 'iffy' as I had to delete a couple of posts that seemed to slam other ppl's products. His only posts were to sell his kits and I directed him to the 'Parts for sale' section. Not sure who else ordered from him, but I guess we'll see about any future feedback.

The problem with Hyper-Ground kits is that because they're only wires, once you have the grounding points and a little bit of skill, anyone can make these things in their basements for a quick buck which is evidenced on e-bay. My fear has always been that feedback from a poorly manufactured kit will cause ppl to discount this as another 'snake-oil' product! At least if they fall apart, you can't say ALL H-G kits don't work. That's why I send ppl to Z-Xtreme if I can't meet their needs. I know his do work! It's also why the ppl over at my350z.com defend his thread so vigorously against high-jackers trying to sell their wares. They're a loyal bunch over there!

It took me about 7 1/2 actual hours to do the kit on the 1st Lexus IS300 I did, from assessment, data entry with instructions and pics, manufacture, to finally boxing the GroundingGear™ kit! That's why my lawyers have been getting me to copyright everything so it makes it a little harder for the knock-off producers to profit off my work. It's also why I don't want to do tech support for kits that aren't GroundingGear™. Human nature says that it would only be a matter of time when someone tries to sue me for telling them how to install someone else's kit and something goes wrong!

It's too bad if even a little of what rippedoffz says. And the racial name calling just isn't right![img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] I'm sad now.

Old 01-16-2004, 01:27 AM
Re: GroundingGear™ *DELETED* *DELETED*

Post deleted by gordgee

Old 01-16-2004, 11:43 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not appropriate!!!!! need to censor this one.

2003 Twilight Blue 5AT Sedan, sunroof,
Graphite Leather, splashguards,
12 wire Hyper-grounding kit,
350Z intake duct, Stillen Hi-Flow Airbox
Underbody rear diffusers, Drilled aluminum pedals

Old 01-16-2004, 12:31 PM
Administrator

TuPak:

Your last 4 posts were deleted as they WERE totally inappropriate. You called the previous poster, rippedoffz, names, attacked his character, etc. and like the last post I deleted, you posted obscene gestures! Your words were certainly NOT censored to an acceptable level! You now attack the mods as being biased! If I would have had an interest in only selling my product and limiting competition, WHY would I help ppl build their own kits and link other sources of Hyper-Ground kits on this thread, as well as refer ppl on to other reputable sources to buy from? There are many here that will tell you I've never knocked anyone's product knowingly and have advised them that I cannot supply GroundingGear™ to them for various reasons. Please do not attack my, nor the other mods' integrity!

Old 01-16-2004, 01:05 PM
Administrator

I believe that this thread is and remains to be a valuable resource for Hyper-Ground Systems. Without this thread I believe that many ppl would not even have otherwise CONSIDERED Earthing as an effective and valid modification. I know that because of this thread, ppl have either built their own kits or made purchases from various sources, including e-bay, etc. Many are now offering kits to others for sale at prices that don't even cover my COST of producing GroundingGear™. I've also helped in providing information regarding the GroundingGear™ developed wires for a group buy of a kit made by someone else as well as provided suggestions re installation hardware required, etc. I'm sure that even the fellow mentioned above also benefitted from selling his kits to some forum members.

GroundingGear™ is and always has been a Custom H-G kit application for a variety of Import Cars sold through various dealerships. I have been offering them in limited quantities as a courtesy for the benefit of some of our forum members, since you ppl got me started in this as a business (though I still shrink heads).

I'd like to maintain this thread, however I am now reconsidering offering GroundingGear™ for direct purchase. I'll see how it goes in the next little while. It's actually only the dealership market that makes the business viable anyway and I know I can't compete in price here with the knock-off kits, so I sell for a lot less than any of the other commercial kits.

Old 01-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Administrator

TuPak:

I'm hoping that we can close this entire issue now. As I said, we don't know much about rippedoffz, nor do we know the full story of the situation surrounding it. We only know that he was very angry. Let's not perpetuate his anger and possible response, agreed? I'm pleased that you are happy with your kit and hope no one else has a problem with theirs. We don't need fighting on any of the threads and know that we'll edit or delete any posts that try to instigate or perpetuate bad feelings.

Old 01-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Administrator

No question about your honesty. Not sure why your name never shows though![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Without honest feedback and questions/comments, this thread wouldn't be valid, would it?

Old 01-16-2004, 10:04 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tupak I saw ALL the posts by the other member complaining and sending people to other sites that showed issues with the maker of your kit. I thought long and hard about the editing or deletion of ALL but wanted to see how this would come out and give each a chance to clear this up.

I edited your post, after thinking on it for awhile, NOT to promote Gordgee's kit but not link the complainer to you. But I decided not to edit the rest, maybe I should have just DELETED everything and take the chance that some of our members would be hurt by buying from .......
Sorry you took it the way you did and like I said in my edit, "I did it without Gordgee's knowledge or input, after discussing with GSM."

Andrew, We Miss and Love You! Peace!

Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 PM

Just got mine today from Z-Xtreme, very fast delivery, very good quality, good documentation, good price
I would recommende highly is product.

Old 01-18-2004, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Here're some great pics of a nice clean install using the HKS Circle Earth kit from

HKS Installation

Old 01-18-2004, 02:08 PM
Banned

I got my kit from Gordgee a couple days ago. { Great looking kit...All wires numbered ...very good instructions ...for easy installation ] I have installed 6 of the 7 wires so far...plan on the 7th today . I have noticed a little difference in smoothness and better shifting in the 5AT .I did reset the ECU .I plan on doing a Dyno after I put on the headers next week and will do a run with and with out the kit hooked up..............Gordgee..........Should I just disconnect the kit at the neg.battery post ?....or should I disconnect it in more than one place ? I will post results of both runs and see what we come up with

Couldnt afford it when young...gonna play when Im old

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread