FAQ & DIY Frequently Asked Questions & Do It Yourself- Sedan and Coupe. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 09:20 PM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: GroundingGear™

Here's the chart from May-03 'Turbo & High Performance' magazine. Different mods done on a WRX. This seems fairly consistent with the local WRX feedback with GroundingGear™ installed where they report after the H-G install, the WRX seems to pull stronger at the lower RPMs and above 5000. Not much increase in HP, but torque looks good. I know I've looked at dyno reports of other highly tuned engines like the Honda S2000 where the HP only increased 2-3 HP as well. The torque increases would explain some of the comments re better throttle response.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>

146152-Title Merged.JPG

Old 11-28-2003, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i haven't gotten the grounding kit yet but can you guys help me in finding this:

"Remove the 2 10mm bolts holding the hood sensor bracket using the 10mm wrench. This is located on the left side near the strut assembly. Remove for access to ground wire."

can someone post a pic showing where the sensor bracket is near the strut assembly? thanks a lot

Old 12-01-2003, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Here's a picture of the 3 colours of GroundingGear™ I now have available. I've had several requests for the Blue which is a new colour for Scosche (not available to me until recently), and I 've never used used other cables due to concerns re quality. I brought in one spool to gauge response before I bring in more.

So GroundingGear™ now comes in [b]BLACK (Smoke), <font color=red>RED, </font color=red> and <font color=blue>BLUE</font color=blue>.

147206-GroundingGear 2.JPG

Old 12-01-2003, 12:42 PM

Chalk up another converted skeptic...

I installed my 5-wire grounding kit this weekend and the change was immediate. I purposely didn't disconnect my battery to ensure that wasn't the source of any improvements.

As has been repeated incessantly on this thread, the car is smoother and - surprisingly - shifts better! I was just amazed at the shifting difference. I thought that since I have a manual transmission no way could this wiring difference affect my shifter. Boy was I wrong. The car shifts like butta... Before it was very "notchy" and I could feel the gears engaging. Many times it felt like I was grinding gears. I thought I was low on tranny fluid or something but since installing the wires, it shifts perfectly. Don't really notice more power/torque but I'm ecstatic with the shifting difference.

I had no idea electronics were as intrusive in the manual shifting as they are in automatics. I thought it was just mechanical gearing but clearly that's not the case. Something has definitely changed for the better.

The wires worked as advertised...

<font color=blue>Twilight Blue/Willow, Nav, Aero, 6MT, Splashguards, Clearbra, Tint, Sirius, Ground Wires, EBC Greenstuff...</font color=blue>

Old 12-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Administrator

It's too darn cold here in the frozen north to do assessments on different cars! Business from the local dealerships has slowed down to a crawl. I now have time to do a few more forum member kits rather than refer you on to others as I have done previously.

So, for the Christmas Season, from now until the end of the year, any orders placed for December that I receive payment for, I will provide <font color=blue>free shipping</font color=blue>. This now means that you get my kit for about $35 less than wholesale cost to the local dealers! I only have a limited supply of cable in stock until the New Year, so first come first serve.

Old 12-01-2003, 10:37 PM
Administrator
GroundingGear™

Thanks for the feedback Gord. I wonder what the thing is with that "2-step" feel to the throttle? Glad the ECU reset cured it though. I'm always concerned that if a car isn't running properly in the 1st place, the addition of a H-G kit might magnify the problem!

Locally, another Gordon (350Z driver) installed a set of GroundingGear™. Said he was a true skeptic and was convinced that it would do nothing! Got it only because his son had a set of GroundingGear™ in his WRX and loved it. Well of course, he did the install the same day as he got them and.... called to say that several of the Z drivers in the local club now want them! He also noticed the smoothness, better throttle response and greater pull through the rev band. He said that if anyone wants to talk with a true skeptic re feedback, just mention his name.[img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Gord

Old 12-02-2003, 02:38 AM

They look great! I would have gotten the blue color for my Twilight Blue G instead of the Red I currently have if it were available at the time. Oh well... good for those who just tuned in...

Old 12-02-2003, 09:18 PM

These dyno graphs were pirated from my web page (most certainly not by gordgee). I'm z327 and I make ground kits as well. I'm the only person I've seen on this or the 350Z forums who went to the expense to test a grounding kit before I started selling them.

I own a 2003 350Z with the 5 speed automatic. Combine the automatic and less than 3500 miles and you get the lower horsepower numbers you see. Its also important to note that everyone who did three pulls that day got an increase in horsepower from one pull to the next. This is typical of dyno testing. Your engine oil thins out and your tires expand increasing the horsepower readings. The most important result of the testing for me is that my horsepower increase was greater than any of the other 350Z's that dyno'd before or after me on the same day. You can learn more on my web page. I can tell gordgee makes a quality product and I hope he continues to do well, but I wanted to clear up the source of the dyno charts since they are mine.

350Z Brickyard 5AT, CAI, Slotted rotors, Clear SideMarkers w/LEDs, Badges w/LEDs, Billet dipstick, Infinity speakers, 1200W Amp, 2 10” JL Subs, tint, custom exhaust, leather seats, polished intake.<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by gsedanman on 01/20/04 12:14 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 12-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Administrator

My apologies if what I posted were your dynos. I looked and was concerned about the similarities as well, becoming aware of your ad and link following m500's post after posting them. One of my other clients actually made me aware of the similarity initially. I have tended to believe what was represented to me by my clients, and posted the information that was provided to me. I noticed that the dates are similar, but different, and your graph is missing a section as well as showing some blurring and distortion on some areas. I had always thought that 350Z dyno with better numbers than G35s which have dyno'd stock with higher numbers than those indicated.
Your lack of posting on this forum except to sell your wares made me cautious as well. That said, I have always supported the efforts of those that are 'spreading the word' on H-G kits. I hope you do well in your endevours.

Regardless of the source of the dyno charts, it clearly shows an increase in HP and torque which is enlightening.

My apologies again if the source of the graphs is yours rather than my client's. I would not have knowingly posted the dynos if I had known them to be 'pirated'. Certainly not good for my reputation!

Old 12-07-2003, 07:11 PM
Administrator

I just read part of the January Edition of <font color=blue>Import Tuner </font color=blue>as I was standing in line at the supermarket.

From their <font color=blue>“2003 Import Tuner Top Ten Power Products” </font color=blue>where they choose various products from different manufacturers that represent significant, cost effective gains based on previous testing and experience with those products though the course of the year.

They included Hyper-Grounds from a major manufacturer:
<font color=blue>
“…power gains no matter what the situation…extracting power time and time again…it’s some of the best bang for the buck you’ll get…”
</font color=blue>
Too bad I don't have the advertising budget that Sun Auto has to get their product into testing by the magazines! [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] Other wise, <font color=blue>GroundingGear™ </font color=blue>would be in more enthusiast's cars![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2003, 09:23 AM

hey guys, question....i installed 7 wire grounding kit, (didn't do the 7th wire yet) but i did noticed shifts were smoother...but idle was about 200 or so....is that normal? also i used one of the intake bolts for the front where i had about 4 ground wires...regular bolt would not reach...
thanks guys...

Old 12-09-2003, 10:00 AM

oh yeah have an AT...pls. help...thanks

Old 12-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Are you sure you're reading your tach right? Anyway, GroundingGear™ is supplied with a 20mm 6M bolt for the front ground point. You'll need to get one of those, make sure it's grade 8.8 or higher. It's advisable to connect all the points including the factory ground to a single point as it seems to improve performance. Hope this helps.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hyper-Ground (Earthing) Kit Resource Thread